Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS  (Read 44558 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »

DR Danise I agree with DR TCB. Contact the AC show.

DR Danise - I went ahead and Twitter'd @Anderson and @AndersonCooper as well as cc:'d @AngiesList. You never know who just might be checking their social media accounts.

:)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: IT WAS THE BEST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE WORST OF DAYS, IT WAS THE OKAYIST OF DAYS
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2012, 04:06:17 PM »

Gotta love those posters, MBarnum. Thanks.

Ditto.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »

Matthew, life is too short to hang on to a bad work environment.  It is best to find another job first, but you have to take your mental health into consideration!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

KevinH

« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2012, 04:17:57 PM »

And speaking of Elaine Stritch and David Letterman...

There's THIS.

This is hilarious, isn't it, Jose?  I watched it recently with my sister when I was visiting.  We both thought it was great!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2012, 04:29:07 PM »

No packages, can you believe it?

MBarnum

« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2012, 04:38:19 PM »

...and speaking of AC (not air conditioning)....there is this amusing video (I wonder how Anderson feels about bears?)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/scott-van-duzer-bear-hugs-anderson-cooper_n_1874870.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012

KevinH

« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »

Congrats on the review, BK!

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »

Have you guys seen this parody of "Call ME Maybe".

It is set in a bookstore and called "Read It Maybe". Very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ENO6wwdLGI&feature=share

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2012, 06:10:47 PM »

And speaking of Elaine Stritch and David Letterman...

There's THIS.

\

That was a hoot.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »

BK, did things get back to normal on the web site today now that the host is back to normal?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »

Have you guys seen this parody of "Call ME Maybe".

It is set in a bookstore and called "Read It Maybe". Very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ENO6wwdLGI&feature=share

That's pretty cool!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2012, 07:09:52 PM »

In honor of today, here's a video of Bobby Short doing a commercial for the top of the World Trade Center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzzfQsOvim8

― Voltaire

George

« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »

Well, I'm off to a TAO Board meeting.  I think we'll find out if our fund raiser actually raised some funds...I'm sure that it did. :)

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »

JohnG, there have been no further problems on the Kritzerland site.  The host is now saying it was not hacked at all but that the problems were a combination of internal things going wrong - they say they've implemented safeguards from it happening again.  So apparently the jerk who was taking credit for it was an even bigger jerk than we thought.  I still think he should be exposed and ridiculed to the world.

John G.

« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »

JohnG, there have been no further problems on the Kritzerland site.  The host is now saying it was not hacked at all but that the problems were a combination of internal things going wrong - they say they've implemented safeguards from it happening again.  So apparently the jerk who was taking credit for it was an even bigger jerk than we thought.  I still think he should be exposed and ridiculed to the world.
Yes, he should be verbally strung up.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »

Caught up with Noel Coward's "This Happy Breed" tonight and the Ronald Neale interview also on the disc. Highly enjoyable. And what a cast: Stanley Holloway, John Mills, Kay Walsh, Celia Johnson.

Night, all.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2012, 08:00:44 PM »

And...

Jason Robert Brown, Shoshana Bean, The Caucasian Rhythm Kings and special guest(!), Tony Danza, put on a great show tonight at 54 Below. And there were a couple of notables in the audience tonight too: Hal Prince, Daisy Prince, Ted Chapin, etc., etc...

And the food was pretty good too... And it turned out that the Head Chef at 54 Below is Andre Marrero who is a fellow alum of VCU.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2012, 08:01:47 PM »

...and speaking of AC (not air conditioning)....there is this amusing video (I wonder how Anderson feels about bears?)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/scott-van-duzer-bear-hugs-anderson-cooper_n_1874870.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012

He gets along with bears very well. Or so I've seen heard.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »

DR Matthew - I say "Move on". Don't hold on to something "not good" when the "good" comes along.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »

And...

Frankly...

I'm tired. Very tired. It's been a long week, and tomorrow will be a sort of long day.

So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2012, 08:12:47 PM »

ATTENTION PLEASE! BREAKING NEWS IN THE GARDEN TODAY!!!

1. I saw my first monarch of the 2012 Fall Migration.

2. My saguaro cactus in the front yard has the beginnings of its first arm. (This happens at about age 75. I have been watching for almost 32 years since we moved into this house.)

ChasSmith

« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2012, 09:06:02 PM »

Back from seeing RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK in what is fake IMAX but a glorious presentation nonetheless.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2012, 09:15:54 PM »

Two reviews of Legally Blonde have been posted.  Both say the band is too loud and that is stumbled through the Overture. 

HERE is one

HERE IS another

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2012, 09:35:39 PM »

Trying to get through a big piece of southern fried cheese called Steel Magnolias on Blu and Ray.

FJL

« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2012, 10:10:11 PM »

Southern fried cheese actaully sounded really good until I realized it wasn;t foodstuffs.

George

« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2012, 12:03:42 AM »

Well, I'm off to a TAO Board meeting.  I think we'll find out if our fund raiser actually raised some funds...I'm sure that it did. :)

Be back later.

We did!  We did make money!  We now have a nice little pot o' dough and our up-coming production will be an evening of one-acts, co-produced with another local group, Prodigal Son Productions.  We'll have eight performances over two weekends. :)

George

« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2012, 12:14:05 AM »

Two reviews of Legally Blonde have been posted.  Both say the band is too loud and that is stumbled through the Overture. 

HERE is one

HERE IS another

Congrats, Matthew!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up