Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT CARE I FOR TINSEL AND GLAMOR?  (Read 46503 times)

Laura

Re: WHAT CARE I FOR TINSEL AND GLAMOR?
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2012, 04:09:08 PM »

Congratulations to Uncle Jojo! Are the birthday twins sisters, or are they cousins?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2012, 04:09:38 PM »

Page 6
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »

George, you do know that they are telecasting The Emmy's twice tonight?

I do...I'm going to record the first broadcast so that if we don't watch them at my sister's, I can watch them when I get home.  I'm also recording "Die Walkure" on PBS right now.  I've never seen any of the Ring cycle, and I'm enjoying it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2012, 04:11:13 PM »

Today our Carnegie library is 100 years old.

Happy 100th Birthday to your Carnegie library!! ;D

Did you know that today is Mickey Rooney's 92nd birthday?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »

I do...I'm going to record the first broadcast so that if we don't watch them at my sister's, I can watch them when I get home.  I'm also recording "Die Walkure" on PBS right now.  I've never seen any of the Ring cycle, and I'm enjoying it.

4 1/2 hours today.  Hopefully no Pledge Breaks.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »

Today our Carnegie library is 100 years old.

Happy 100th Birthday to your Carnegie library!! ;D

Did you know that today is Mickey Rooney's 92nd birthday?

Comparing his age to the library gives me a feel for what life was like when he was born.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »

My friend, Clark, who I did INHERIT THE WIND with is now living in Martha's Vineyard.  He just sent me this true story!

Vineyard folks will appreciate this 'August People' story: I was on the bus to Edgartown the last week in August and it was packed. I had the first seat just inside the door with one seat left beside me. A couple in their 40's got on and the guy took the seat next to me then turned to me and said, 'Would you mind giving up your seat so my wife can sit down?' I stared at him in disbelief and he said, 'So is that a no?' I said 'I've got an idea. It's your wife, so why don't you stand and give her *your* seat?' They both glared at me like it was the rudest thing they had ever heard and he continued to sit while his wife stood all the way to Edgartown. BUT.... SUMMER IS OVER AND THE AUGUST PEOPLE ARE GONE!!! mostly.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »

And I forgot INHERIT THE WIND on my list yesterday.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2012, 04:36:55 PM »

Congratulations to Uncle Jojo! Are the birthday twins sisters, or are they cousins?

Congrats from me too.

I was wondering this  as well. I'm guessing cousins?

Jennifer

« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »

I am enjoying seeing the dresses tonight.

There are a lot of prints. Not sure they photograph that well.

Some highlights for me. I really liked Heidi Klum's seafoam dress. I really liked Sophia Vargaras (sp?) from Modern Family in that teal/blue dress. She is so stunning. I also really liked Emily Van Camp (sp?) from Revenge. She looked really pretty.

There are so many nice ones to choose from!

George

« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »

4 1/2 hours today.  Hopefully no Pledge Breaks.

Fortunately, no pledge breaks, but there was an intermission.  I haven't been watching the whole thing, so there may actually be additional intermissions.

ChasSmith

« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »

A number of mentions on the EMMYS Red Carpet about the heat.  Who do these people think they are?  BK?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2012, 04:46:40 PM »

I don't believe it.  I received another Collection Letter from the home company that owns the hospital where I had my surgery.  My insurance company, Regences, has called the company twice telling them that I don't owe them $35,000.  They proceeded to tell Regence that they didn't know what they were talking about.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #163 on: September 23, 2012, 04:59:50 PM »

I don't believe it.  I received another Collection Letter from the home company that owns the hospital where I had my surgery.  My insurance company, Regences, has called the company twice telling them that I don't owe them $35,000.  They proceeded to tell Regence that they didn't know what they were talking about.

Maybe you need to Get Jesse!

George

« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »

And now, I'm off to my sister's.

Be back later!

KevinH

« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2012, 05:12:47 PM »

Worst opening of an awards show in a long time, in my opinion!

KevinH

« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »

Congrats to Uncle JoJo!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2012, 05:15:29 PM »

And I am heading to bed. Good night, everybody!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »

My friend, Clark, who I did INHERIT THE WIND with is now living in Martha's Vineyard.  He just sent me this true story!

Vineyard folks will appreciate this 'August People' story: I was on the bus to Edgartown the last week in August and it was packed. I had the first seat just inside the door with one seat left beside me. A couple in their 40's got on and the guy took the seat next to me then turned to me and said, 'Would you mind giving up your seat so my wife can sit down?' I stared at him in disbelief and he said, 'So is that a no?' I said 'I've got an idea. It's your wife, so why don't you stand and give her *your* seat?' They both glared at me like it was the rudest thing they had ever heard and he continued to sit while his wife stood all the way to Edgartown. BUT.... SUMMER IS OVER AND THE AUGUST PEOPLE ARE GONE!!! mostly.

Unbelievable.  How old is your friend, older the the rude guy?

Jane

« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2012, 05:22:10 PM »

:(

VIBES!!!

Jane

« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »

My lower back isn't doing well & it hurts to sit.  I'm going to try a different position on the heating pad.

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »

Our wireless is getting wiggy - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #172 on: September 23, 2012, 06:29:04 PM »

Well, one of us has been to Vienna, one of us is touring the west coast, and tomorrow I'm going to - wait for it - Fort Wayne, Indiana!  My sister is going to be there working on family history and I'm going to spend some time with her.  It's just a little getaway - I'll be back on Wednesday.

Travel vibes for Ginny!!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2012, 06:30:06 PM »

For DR Ginny!

This was the guacamole that the kitchen served up yesterday during the book signing, which went fairly well. I guess. I've never done one from behind the table. We sold more than 20 copies. And the guacamole was pretty terrific.

that looks yummy!!

vixmom

« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2012, 06:32:49 PM »

I got laden with swag yesterday. It was almost embarrassing. The first event, which I did not have to judge, came with a basket that featured an enamel cast-iron Dutch oven that must weigh more than 20 pounds. Wrapped up in it were a large bottle of Italian EVOO, Hatch green chile salsa, a bottle of wine, snickerdoodles and a jar of bacon jam.

The evening basket was from the margarita pour off. After eliminating four of the six finalists because they all tasted like bad margarita mix, they gave us each a bottle of margarita mix. Go figure. But the plastic bowl (not a Dutch oven) had caps, a T-shirt, a beer koozie, a pen, some Bud Light memorabilia, etc.

oooh post a picture of the dutch oven --- I am jealous!  Enjoy!!

vixmom

« Reply #175 on: September 23, 2012, 06:33:50 PM »

Our church is a having an Oktoberfest next Saturday -  there will be a German dessert contest -  can any one suggest a German dessert I can make (other than Black forest cake?  There are already about 12  black forest cake entries)

Thanks!

What about a white forest cake?

That was kind of the version my mom makes. Hers is a three-layer white cake. You cut the layers in half and alternate fillings of whipped cream frosting and chopped brandy-soaked cherries. The whole cake is frosted on the outside with whipped cream frosting and a crown of whole brandy-soaked cherries on top. Chocolate shavings are then around the outside of the cake.

It has long been a favorite of mine and one I would request frequently for my birthday. 

I thought  TCB was joking!  I never heard of this before

vixmom

« Reply #176 on: September 23, 2012, 06:36:06 PM »

Well, today is Day Three of Kiimchigate.  After they snaked my kitchen drain on Friday, the manager found that instead of my sink filling up, it was now leaking into his bedroom ceiling.  He spent yesterday laboring down in his own apartment.  This morning he was back and tearing out my dishwasher.  And now, if he can't locate the leaking pipe, he will have to tear out all of my kitchen cabinets.

And I can't take a shower or run any water in the apartment.

Oh no!

vixmom

« Reply #177 on: September 23, 2012, 06:37:17 PM »

Our church is a having an Oktoberfest next Saturday -  there will be a German dessert contest -  can any one suggest a German dessert I can make (other than Black forest cake?  There are already about 12  black forest cake entries)

Thanks!

Do you really have time for baking?

I would suggest a cake with an almond paste topping.  Unfortunately I don't have a recipe for one.  I do have a German friend I could ask for some kind of cake recipe if you like.

I figured I would make it Saturday- the event  starts at 6

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #178 on: September 23, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »

Here is Cheryl Bentyne...she'd been out of the group for a few months and she's in remission from Hodgkin's lymphoma and has only been back with the group for a couple of months.  You would not know that she'd had any illness.  She was incredible last night.  She's always been the most energetic of them all:

She looks very healthy.  VIBES SHE STAYS THAT WAY!!!!
Exactly.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »

I love this story. People are horribly rude everywhere these days. And if given half a chance, I'd show them rude that they'd never forget.  ;D
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up