Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OF REST WITH NO REST  (Read 59471 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE DAY OF REST WITH NO REST
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »

PAGE 3HREE DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »

Busy afternoon. No time do anything. And it's making me tired.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2012, 02:03:06 PM »

DR John G those filled cups look delicious.  We used to get something similar at "non-traditional" Mexican restaurant in Tiburon. 

Jane

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »

DR Jose I'm glad you got to experience an evening with the DR JMK family.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2012, 02:08:57 PM »

I love guacamole. How could anyone not love it??
I'm with you. Anyone who doesn't  like it is fine with me, though, because it just means more for me.

:)

Jane

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2012, 02:09:32 PM »

I started the day trying to find a LOST check.  It was not where I put it....or thought I put it.  After 90 minutes of frustration, and going through trash, and files, and every thing else....I looked in my bag.....and there it was, still in the envelope it came in....

I was sure I had taken it out of my bag and put it with another check I was planning to cash.

At least you found it. ;)

Jane

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2012, 02:10:12 PM »

~~~~~BROKEN LEGS AND XYLOPHONIC VIBES TO DR ELMORE AND HIS CAST~~~~~

DITTO!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2012, 02:13:23 PM »

I think I will go get a flu shot this morning. Flu seems to be hitting Arizona early this year.

We have company arriving on Thursday.  After they leave I think we need to get our as well.  My allergies have been bad with all the dust here so I put off doing it.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2012, 02:15:49 PM »

Just got a phone call from my cardiologist's office--I passed the stress test I had on Friday morning.

Actually, I found nothing stressful about this stress test.  They used to make you really put the pedal to the metal on the treadmill to get your heart rate up, but now they administer a drug which artificially stimulates your heart and all you do is a slow mosey stroll.  It was sort of disappointing.  But in any event, I'm happy that my heart is doing fine.

Congratulations on passing.   I guess the test is more accurate for people who move well.  I would find it difficult to go that slow.  Even today when I couldn't jog on the treadmill I couldn't go slow.  It even hurt more going slow.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »

I love this picture of Madeleine Albright playing the drums. She looks like she's having more fun on stage than at a diplomat gathering.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »

Ginny, wish i knew you were going there....

I would love to visit their genealogy library someday
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »

Congrats Dan the Man for passing your stress test!  Woot!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »

I like John Addison's score for Centennial... Beautiful, heartbreaking and majestic

I like Gershwin....

I did like some of the pieces they used in Barry Lyndon, especially Handel and Schubert

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2012, 02:36:34 PM »

Aaron Copeland's American Suite is nice also...

Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2012, 02:37:06 PM »

I love this picture of Madeleine Albright playing the drums. She looks like she's having more fun on stage than at a diplomat gathering.

Go Madeline!  She appears to be having a blast...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »

Vilbes to Elmore and Cast! 

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2012, 02:38:43 PM »

Is anyone familiar the the pop  / Classic group BOND/

I like some of their arrangments

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2012, 02:46:33 PM »

I'm awake - for about 7 hours now.  Car has been serviced, etc.  That's all I got.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »

I would like to sup with Mr. Rachmaninov or Mr. Milhaud.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2012, 02:50:20 PM »

What a busy day so far.  Got another ninety minutes of sleep, printed orders, had a meeting with the camera people, had a visit with Sharon McNight and gave her her material, had a quick sandwich and sweet potato fries, picked up two small packages, printed out orders, and then spent an hour doing a detailed schedule for the shoots on Thursday and Friday.  And now Juliana should be here in ten minutes and I can only do ninety minutes with her, then get ready for tonight, then have a meeting with the production assistant for Friday's shoot.  Then it's Titanic, which I've just heard is THREE HOURS LONG.  Now I don't even want to go.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2012, 02:51:34 PM »

I would like to have a conversation with Beethoven and Mozart... Maybe Addison and Webber also

I do find Greig interesting in regards to Peer Gynt

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »

IMHO... Music and art enrich our lives in ways that cannot be described. When art and music are taken away, we a loose a bit of our humanity.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2012, 03:10:42 PM »

Beautiful day here today with mild temperatures and the leaves are changing. Due to the drought the colors are not as vivid as other years but still pretty.

I am seeing more reds and oranges this year. The reds are crisp and bright...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2012, 03:13:21 PM »

I did watch John Jakes' North and South books one and two this past weekend. Patrick Swayze was dashing. I forgot that Elizabeth Taylor was in this one.

The score was good but it does not compare to the Centennial score. I thought some of the period songs used by the troops was played in the time meter. It is possible that there is more than one interpretation of the song and I am only used to one interpretation.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2012, 03:14:48 PM »

There is a series in Britain called North and South based on the Elizabeth Gaskill book. I wish I knew who the composer was that program. It was beautiful and haunting.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2012, 03:16:09 PM »

I did learn from a little reading that Addison also did the score for the series, Murder She Wrote. My grandmother enjoyed that show. She was a fan of Angela Lansbury,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2012, 03:18:31 PM »

My mother a couple of weeks ago found a tube of my old posters  I had long forgotten about these posters. There were a number of different ones  of horses and so forth but the ones that surprised me that I still had were of Gregory Harrison and Patrick Swayze...

I also had a few movie posters I forgot about and a couple of drawings I had done...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:20:12 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2012, 03:20:50 PM »

Maybe i can get this to page four... fingers are crossed

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »

Cranberries!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2012, 03:22:27 PM »

Try, Try again for page 4!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up