Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OF REST WITH NO REST  (Read 59478 times)

ChasSmith

Re: THE DAY OF REST WITH NO REST
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »

Yeston's TITANIC really grew on me and I berate myself for missing it on Broadway.  I did see one poor quality bootleg and thought, unlike many, that the production was stunning.

But the score is the big draw for me, and it now occurs to me to ask:  Did anyone here go to that concert performance on the Upper West Side a couple of years back?  I was there, and oh my goodness was that ever an interesting evening........     8)

So I hope BK hears it with a full-sized well-rehearsed orchestra, in good acoustics, and of course with with a good cast!  Looking forward to the notes.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:38:32 PM by ChasSmith »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2012, 03:22:49 PM »

The Cranberries are mocking me efforts to get us to page four!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

ChasSmith

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2012, 03:23:10 PM »

Ah, page 4.  But I think we owe it all to Dakota!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2012, 03:23:18 PM »

Page four dance!!!!   

The Cranberries have repented their mocking ways!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »

I am praying someday they release the complete score of Centennial...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2012, 03:26:34 PM »

Gee I am almost to 15600.... wonder if I can get there...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2012, 03:29:56 PM »

It just dawned on me...

Stephanie Zimbalist worked with two actors who went on to play James Bond: Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan...

ChasSmith

« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2012, 03:34:08 PM »

I hope DR ELMORE has a good report for us.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2012, 03:36:40 PM »

I do hope it is going well for him..

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »

I am home from the reading. It was under-rehearsed, but there were wonderful moments; the new duet is quite lovely and a great addition to the score. The cast unfortunately had forgotten a lot of their material and their vocal parts, so it got shaky at times. Still, it was nevera complete mess, and it was great to see everyone and catch up on their past eleven months. Our MD Brent forgot a section of the gospel number and went up a pitch an entire verse early. When he got to the spot where it should have gone up a step, he asked me, should I take it up, and I said. no; it will be too high for her. Still, our small audience had a great time, and I think the piece is better for the additions. My friend Ben, who's standing by for Steve Kazee in ONCE, is going on all next week so I want to get a ticket and catch his performance.

DR ChasSmith, I know there will be a production and you will be able to attend a more polished rehearsal.

So, I will have some dinner and chill out. Tomorrow morning, I have a visit with my barber and then I am back to work on ROBERTA.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:41:14 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2012, 03:41:46 PM »

Positive vibes... Onward and upward!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »

I hat to complain but if it gives us another post...............

I don't know what I have that is causing me to hurt.  It seems to originate lower than my lower back.  It moves so I'm never sure.  Sometimes I think it is in my hips.  There aren't any sore muscles to find the trigger points.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »

Working out at the gym seemed to help.  I reduced all the weights & tension levels and did everything for the usual amount of time.  After I was done I could walk & move more easily.  Sitting at the computer makes it worse.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »

It is not everyday that the bomb squad gets to blow up WW2 era grenades...

The drought is revealing interesting items along the river...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/375313/

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2012, 03:45:26 PM »

could be a pinched hip or pelvic nerve...

Jane

« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »

I am home from the reading. It was under-rehearsed, but there were wonderful moments;

:)

Jane

« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2012, 03:47:31 PM »

could be a pinched hip or pelvic nerve...

I hope not and the pain is on both sides.  I noticed at 2:30 in the morning the left side was feeling better.  Lying down is the most comfortable position.  Walking is definitely easier since using the treadmill today.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2012, 03:48:03 PM »

When I say pain it isn't horrible.  It also feels if I move too quickly everything will lock up on me.

ChasSmith

« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2012, 03:49:11 PM »

I would not have minded a rough read-through at all, but it's great to hear it went so well regardless.

Per the comment about the key change -- was this accompanied by the MD, no orchestra or anything?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2012, 03:50:25 PM »

I would try some icing and gentle movement...

I send positive thoughts...

Jane

« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »

Keith thinks it is my sciatica, if so I have had it much worse & this feels somewhat different as it isn't shooting down my leg.  Many of the symptoms are the same.  I guess it could be a mild attack.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »

I would try some icing and gentle movement...

I send positive thoughts...

Thank you.  Honestly, I haven't a clue what or where to ice.  I keep getting up and moving.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »

That hurts... I hope it is also a mild flareup also... Many positive thoughts...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2012, 03:55:37 PM »

The migrating pain does provide a challenge..

Jane

« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2012, 04:03:02 PM »

That hurts... I hope it is also a mild flareup also... Many positive thoughts...

Thank you.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »

The migrating pain does provide a challenge..

LOL Yes it is.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2012, 04:05:29 PM »

Does anyone have a new show they plan to watch?

Laura

« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2012, 04:14:36 PM »

My mother a couple of weeks ago found a tube of my old posters  I had long forgotten about these posters. There were a number of different ones  of horses and so forth but the ones that surprised me that I still had were of Gregory Harrison and Patrick Swayze...

I also had a few movie posters I forgot about and a couple of drawings I had done...

Is there a Rex Smith poster?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2012, 04:16:06 PM »

"Cough" Yes.... Laura...

Laura

« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2012, 04:18:28 PM »

Are you willing to sell it?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up