Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OF REST WITH NO REST  (Read 59476 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE DAY OF REST WITH NO REST
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2012, 04:20:59 PM »

Page 5
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »

What a busy day so far.  Got another ninety minutes of sleep, printed orders, had a meeting with the camera people, had a visit with Sharon McNight and gave her her material, had a quick sandwich and sweet potato fries, picked up two small packages, printed out orders, and then spent an hour doing a detailed schedule for the shoots on Thursday and Friday.  And now Juliana should be here in ten minutes and I can only do ninety minutes with her, then get ready for tonight, then have a meeting with the production assistant for Friday's shoot.  Then it's Titanic, which I've just heard is THREE HOURS LONG.  Now I don't even want to go.

You are lucky.  The first time I saw TITANIC in previews, it was over four hours long.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »

Yeston's TITANIC really grew on me and I berate myself for missing it on Broadway.  I did see one poor quality bootleg and thought, unlike many, that the production was stunning.

But the score is the big draw for me, and it now occurs to me to ask:  Did anyone here go to that concert performance on the Upper West Side a couple of years back?  I was there, and oh my goodness was that ever an interesting evening........     8)

So I hope BK hears it with a full-sized well-rehearsed orchestra, in good acoustics, and of course with with a good cast!  Looking forward to the notes.

You are correct, Chas, the score is wonderful.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2012, 04:29:18 PM »

Are you willing to sell it?

i have not decided.. the corners are in pretty rough shape....

Patrick and Gregory ARE NOT up for sale....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2012, 04:31:18 PM »

I would not have minded a rough read-through at all, but it's great to hear it went so well regardless.

Per the comment about the key change -- was this accompanied by the MD, no orchestra or anything?

Piano only, there is no orchestra. The musicians are the cast.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2012, 04:34:29 PM »

Keith thinks it is my sciatica, if so I have had it much worse & this feels somewhat different as it isn't shooting down my leg.  Many of the symptoms are the same.  I guess it could be a mild attack.

~~~~~Feel better vibes to DR Jane!~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »

What a busy day so far.  Got another ninety minutes of sleep, printed orders, had a meeting with the camera people, had a visit with Sharon McNight and gave her her material, had a quick sandwich and sweet potato fries, picked up two small packages, printed out orders, and then spent an hour doing a detailed schedule for the shoots on Thursday and Friday.  And now Juliana should be here in ten minutes and I can only do ninety minutes with her, then get ready for tonight, then have a meeting with the production assistant for Friday's shoot.  Then it's Titanic, which I've just heard is THREE HOURS LONG.  Now I don't even want to go.

You are lucky.  The first time I saw TITANIC in previews, it was over four hours long.

The first - and last - time I saw Maury Yeston's TITANIC I detested it. Still do. There's good stuff in the score and some of the cast, but i think the show's book and original production are awful.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2012, 04:36:34 PM »

I love this picture of Madeleine Albright playing the drums. She looks like she's having more fun on stage than at a diplomat gathering.

That's a great picture! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2012, 04:37:55 PM »

Keith thinks it is my sciatica, if so I have had it much worse & this feels somewhat different as it isn't shooting down my leg.  Many of the symptoms are the same.  I guess it could be a mild attack.

~~~~~Feel better vibes to DR Jane!~~~~~

~~~Additional Vibes for DR Jane!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2012, 04:38:35 PM »

Does anyone have a new show they plan to watch?

There are some that I want to watch...but I can't think of any of the titles, right now.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2012, 04:39:26 PM »

Thanks DR's TCB & George.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2012, 04:44:39 PM »

I would not have minded a rough read-through at all, but it's great to hear it went so well regardless.

Per the comment about the key change -- was this accompanied by the MD, no orchestra or anything?

Ooohhhh!  Aren't you the man responsible for COMPANY?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:46:34 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2012, 04:48:29 PM »

No, thank God.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2012, 04:57:32 PM »

My two top pics are LAST RESORT & ARROW.  We'll watch ELEMENTARY because it is Sherlock Holmes.  We like Dennis Quaid so we will probably check out VEGAS, plus it takes place in the 60's.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2012, 05:00:47 PM »

I am not sure what i will watch. I have so far wanted to avoid current television because of the political ads. The 529 ads up ere are really getting nasty.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2012, 05:00:51 PM »

I am crushed!  I saved all of the photos that elmore posted last December of the production of CHRISTMAS AT THE HOLLER.  I just went into the file to add the cast photo, and the file is empty!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »

We watched the first episode of THE NEW NORMAL after my Bernese Mountain Dog friend's on FB said to watch it.  There is an adult Berner & a puppy making the show for us.  The second episode had a brief visit by the dogs and the 3rd episode only had a photograph of the older dog.  Without the dogs we are not sure we will continue to watch this.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2012, 05:05:44 PM »

Great photo, Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2012, 05:05:50 PM »

I am crushed!  I saved all of the photos that elmore posted last December of the production of CHRISTMAS AT THE HOLLER.  I just went into the file to add the cast photo, and the file is empty!

Sorry.  You might be able to find them at http://photobucket.com.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »

T.O.D.

I guess it would have to be Beethoven.  I don't speak the language, and he was deaf; so we should get along fine!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »

Sorry.  You might be able to find them at http://photobucket.com.

They aren't in my albums.
“One thing’s universal,

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2012, 05:10:02 PM »

No, thank God.

Funny, I thought the concept of people playing instruments for Company worked much better than in Sweeney Todd  I'm always in awe at the fact that these people can act, play an instrument, sing, dance, etc.  While we love to criticize the production/concept, we can't say anything negative about the performances, which are stellar.

I love the score for Titanic, hated the National Tour.  I'm hoping to do the show some year...

Laura

« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »

I hope you feel better soon, Jane.

Jennifer

« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »

DR Jane hope you feel better. Be careful about exercising. It's often not good when you have an injury.

Jennifer

« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2012, 05:14:53 PM »

Does anyone have a new show they plan to watch?

There are some that I want to watch...but I can't think of any of the titles, right now.

There isn't really anything that interests me too much. I might give a couple of shows a try.

Jennifer

« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2012, 05:15:22 PM »

Tonight is the first episode of DANCING WITH THE STARS.

And I think CASTLE (for those who watch it).

Jennifer

« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2012, 05:16:07 PM »

I recently got a new channel called ABC Spark. I think it is similar to ABC Family in the US. So I've been catching up on the show BUNHEADS. I have 1 1/2 more episodes to go.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2012, 05:18:49 PM »

Yes, it is Jennifer...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2012, 05:24:09 PM »

Going to wander off for a bit...

May check in later...

George

« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2012, 05:26:52 PM »

I wonder if I saved them...or at least some of them.  I can check when I get home after visiting with my parents tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up