Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OF REST WITH NO REST  (Read 59472 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE DAY OF REST WITH NO REST
« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2012, 09:11:39 PM »

Break a leg vibes for dear elmore & Co
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »

travel vibes for Jose
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2012, 09:20:12 PM »

i did go to the city council meeting tonight to oppose their stupid ban on feeding deer and turkeys (you can still feed birds squirrels and  anything else.)  I'll see if I can find the tv channel that had me on, but the woman who followed me was much more entertaining.

Wildlife Lover Asks Council "What Would Jesus Do" ?

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 11:10 PM CDT Updated: Sep 24, 2012 11:12 PM CDT

By: Tim Seaman
tseaman@kcautv.com

We're not talking about pit bulls, traffic cams or furniture on porches. But the debate over a proposed feeding ban on turkey and deer has become just as passionate for some folks.

On Monday before a scheduled 2nd reading on the ban ordinance by the Sioux City City Council  several folks took a turn at making a pitch for protecting their "feeding rights."

For the first time a "friend of feeding" asked the council to consider taking the issue to a "higher power".

"I'd have to ask what would Jesus do"?  That's the question Robin Small ask council members on Monday.  Small added, "I respect the City Council for trying to help the people that make a complaint but there are other alternatives.  What's it going to be next ? Birds, people ?  I mean I really find it difficult to believe there even is an issue."

Council member Tom Padgett responded by saying, "Again, not meaning to offend anyone.  But I'm not sure the deer have a denominational preference.  It's not so much a religious issue as it is that there are too many deer."

Ultimately, the second reading of the feeding ban ordinance passed 3–1.  Council member Keith Radig voted no.  But not before offering some advice to fellow council member, and ordinance supporter John Fitch.

"You know we'd probably do a lot by just inviting Ted Nuggent down to your golf course after you close John, and have him come into town take out some of that deer population," said Radig.

A third and final reading for the ordinance is set for October 8th.
[/size][/size]

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2012, 09:24:14 PM »

Here's one of my quotes from another station, no footage though
Sioux City City Council closer to ban on deer & turkey feeding

Posted: Sep 24, 2012 10:15 PM CDT

By Kristen Johnson, Multimedia Journalist/ Weekend Anchor -

SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) -
Sioux City leaders passed the second of three readings on a deer feeding ban, Monday night.

Officials say the wildlife have become not just a nuisance, but a danger to drivers.

Still, some are questioning whether their efforts will be effective.

"I don't see how you're going to enforce this.  Anybody who gets a ticket would be crazy not to take it to court and say it wasn't for the deer," asked Sioux City resident Priscilla Forsyth.

Council members made it clear that the feeding ban is the first step toward reducing the local herd.

The Iowa Department of Natural Resources requires the city to implement the ban before taking other action to reduce the herd.

However, some residents are trying to convince the council not to move forward with their plans.

"They are a traffic hazard.  There are lots of traffic accidents caused because we've got so many deer in the neighborhoods," said John Fitch.

"I have friends and family members that are feeding the deer, and the deer have stopped eating my flowers and everyone else's flowers because they are getting food," said another Sioux City resident, Robin Small.

The ban includes turkeys too, and will come to a final vote on October 8th.

Once it takes effect, the Iowa DNR will look at other measures to decrease the wildlife population, including extending the hunting season around Sioux City and allowing more bow hunting permits.
[/size][/size]

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2012, 09:29:12 PM »

VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM......

MBarnum

« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2012, 09:46:04 PM »

Dr George, thanks for the link. Poor Bonnie Franklin. So sad for her.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2012, 10:26:55 PM »

And...

After a nice walk along the Embarcadero, I'm back at my hotel. It's a great little place with not so little rooms a few blocks from Union Square. Most of the staff is Filipino, and they were very helpful when I was checking in.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2012, 12:23:36 AM »

*And I also found out that I will definitely be on the podium during the run of MY FAIR LADY in DC.  :)

:D

Ditto :D!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2012, 12:57:30 AM »

Back from a VERY long voyage on the Titanic and then food - I ate an obscenely large breakfast - I don't know why.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up