Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: ON SET  (Read 16420 times)

ChasSmith

Re: ON SET
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 06:38:22 AM »

PAGE 2.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 06:47:07 AM »

And the word of the day is: VERSICOLOR!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  MY COLORING BOOK

Jennifer

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 06:48:52 AM »

DR Elmore is it one person using your debit card number? Is everything bought online? Just curious. Glad you got some of the money back.

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 06:51:25 AM »

DR Cillaliz, have you and your mom been watching DANCING WITH THE STARS?

Minus Bristol, and possibly Kirstie (although she was super entertaining last night) I think the level is unbelievable. I am so impressed. My favorites are: Shawn/Derek (the past 2 weeks they have been exceptional), Apollo/Karina. And last night I became fans of Melissa/Tony (love how she is trying to include so much difficulty) and Kelly/Val (they were so good last night).

If it isn't Bristol or Kirstie that goes it's gonna be really sad. I'm sort of hoping that those two go first so we can have all superior dances.

Kerry

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 06:54:41 AM »

Post deleted.
I like boat races.

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 07:01:37 AM »

I have a question for DR Jane, or BK who probably knows this as well.

Stats.  Or Stat's.  For burgers?  DR Jane mentioned it when we were talking about Beverly Hills and it sounded slightly familiar.  I subsequently found a couple of notes from those years indicating I went there, but I'm completely blank on what it was, where it was, anything about it, and the word "stats" is making for an impossible Google search.  I'd love to fill in a memory here.

Doug R

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 07:01:53 AM »

TOD

This.

Yes, This.

Starting a post with "This." as its own paragraph instead of "Same here" or "I agree" or "I disagree" or any number of more civilized and conversational lead-ins to your own contribution to a thread.  I never saw it in my life till just the past few months.  Now it's a "thing" and I wonder how/where it started.

Also, the now ubiquitous "+1".  Where does this crap come from?  I'm going to guess it all starts on Facebook.  Unless proven otherwise, Facebook shall take the blame.  In fact, it can have the blame for everything I don't like, saving time and energy and speculation.

The fact that people are so quick to adopt the latest insipid expression is something that annoys the living This+1 out of me , satisfying two TODs in the process.

I so much agree ChasSmith. I really hate the use of "This" and "+1". They annoy me no end whenever I see them. Is it just laziness or do people think it's "cool"? I don't like that word either!

Doug R

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 07:04:35 AM »

TOD:

"Blue sky thinking".

A particularly irritating expression - especially when I was asked by senior management to do it.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »

Weird dream last night in a night of frequently interrupted sleep. I dreamt about the power of the ampersand (&) and how the use of this lazy, ugly bit of shorthand (anathema to grammarians) was actually a sign that prosperity was around the corner. I don't know that I've ever dreamed of grammar before. I do know it was work related. Since we're not supposed to use ampersands, I don't know how its use could signify anything but a mistake.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 07:22:32 AM »

DR Elmore is it one person using your debit card number? Is everything bought online? Just curious. Glad you got some of the money back.

I do not know.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »

BK,

I must disagree with you on DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.

I think it's one of the better Connery Bond movies.  I prefer it over THUNDERBALL and YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, and with the possible exception of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and (only because Christopher Lee is in it) THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, I think it beats all of the Roger Moore Bond films.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 07:29:48 AM »

BK,

I must disagree with you on DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.

I think it's one of the better Connery Bond movies.  I prefer it over THUNDERBALL and YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, and with the possible exception of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and (only because Christopher Lee is in it) THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, I think it beats all of the Roger Moore Bond films.
I remember enjoying the hiding the cassette tape in the bikini storyline when I was 10. So, I haven't seen the movie in 40 years. Wonder if it would hold up?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 07:29:57 AM »

BK,

I hope you'll stop by when I'm in town for Monsterpalooza next week.  It's been a year (Chicago) since we've had a chance to sit down and chat.

Here's the schedule:

http://www.monsterpalooza.com/sonofmonsterpalooza/index.html

ChasSmith

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 07:36:38 AM »

BK,

I hope you'll stop by when I'm in town for Monsterpalooza next week.  It's been a year (Chicago) since we've had a chance to sit down and chat.

Here's the schedule:

DR Druxy, I have something to attend at the hotel that Friday night, and don't know what it entails or how long it will run, but I'll try to look for you if you're going to be there then.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 08:14:10 AM »

TOD:

"Job-creators."  Ha!  Job-outsourcers is more likely.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 08:57:05 AM »

BK,

Here's the schedule:

DR Druxy, I have something to attend at the hotel that Friday night, and don't know what it entails or how long it will run, but I'll try to look for you if you're going to be there then.

On Friday, I will be there signing from about 5-11 pm.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 09:16:41 AM »

Pancakes

Matthew

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 09:16:48 AM »

That's all I got

Matthew

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2012, 09:17:06 AM »

Well, actually, I don't -- but I wish I did this morning!

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2012, 09:18:58 AM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  I've been up since 7:30 and have had a blood test, met with the director of the senior center about funding sources, delivered a box of Rob's discarded books to the AAUW sale site, and filled up my car and had it washed.  Whew, I'm ready for lunch!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2012, 09:25:04 AM »

Weird dream last night in a night of frequently interrupted sleep. I dreamt about the power of the ampersand (&) and how the use of this lazy, ugly bit of shorthand (anathema to grammarians) was actually a sign that prosperity was around the corner. I don't know that I've ever dreamed of grammar before. I do know it was work related. Since we're not supposed to use ampersands, I don't know how its use could signify anything but a mistake.

DR JOHN G the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that this dream says that you think that in some areas of work, you are being held back, and that you are actually capable of much more even in the post you are now handling.  Dreaming of a specific punctuation mark can mean prosperity, but also in this case may indicate that piece of your writing that has not been responded to or given a grade or marking will indeed get notice that exceeds your expectation.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2012, 09:25:28 AM »

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2012, 09:29:16 AM »

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.
That's the same as one of Elmore's bounced checks. Coincidence? Are there coincidences?

And thanks, Dream-O-Matic 6000! With your help, I can polish my kitchen floors to be shinier than ever. Oh, wait, wrong product ...
― Voltaire

Matthew

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2012, 09:39:22 AM »

I'm wondering if an earlier flight home should be mentioned....just sayin'

MBarnum

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »

You know what, so many of you DRs just make me smile with you joviality!  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2012, 09:59:04 AM »

And as for the TOD:

I can't think of anything at the moment, although I am sure there must be some business or meeting related terms that I don't care for...or maybe I have become so used to them I don't even mind anymore.

As for this +1 thing...I have yet to come across it. Is there also a -1?

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2012, 09:59:59 AM »

Wow, this weeks MAJOR CRIMES is the season finale. Some shows certainly have short seasons...like 6 episodes.

MBarnum

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2012, 10:00:29 AM »

I am still waiting for new DR Aculaura to show up.

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2012, 10:02:55 AM »

And I am so happy that the lovely actress, and one of my favorite interviewees, Sara Shane (aka Elaine Hollingsworth) is now on Facebook. I haven't chatted with her since her interview was published. She lives in Australia and just posted a new video of herself on her timeline...man, she looks so good...and she is closing in on 90s years old!

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »

Some DRs might know Sara Shane best from the Gordon Scott Tarzan film

While others (and you know who you are) will recall her fascinating performance in the lurid THREE  BAD SISTERS!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up