Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HAPPY NOVEMBER!  (Read 18063 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: HAPPY NOVEMBER!
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2012, 02:59:02 PM »

Here's a great photo from Hoboken:

I was just about to post this. :)

Jane

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2012, 03:01:28 PM »

DR TCB read the descriptions under "caramel" apples.  This link is from my small local Rocky Mountain Chocolate store. 

http://rmcf.com/OR/Ashland50424/products.asp?

Jane, I guess I was just having trouble understanding Jennifer's post last ngiht (I wasn't feeling very well).  I thought she was saying that this apple wasn't caramel and it wasn't red candy.  Those are the only kinds of candy apples that I know about. Believe me, I have had my share of both the caramel (with and without additions) and red candy apples. 

Never mind, it is better just to forget the whole covnersation.  Sorry Jane.  Sorry Jennifer.

It was an understandable question if those are the only two kinds of apples you have had.  I doubt I could bite into a red candy apple without breaking a tooth.  Those were good though.  As an adult I like the caramel & chocolate ones best.

Jane

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2012, 03:02:55 PM »

The stone to complete our walkway has FINALLY arrived.  I hope it contains some of the more colorful stones as requested for the front path to the steps.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »

Is anyone watching "Arrow" this season?

I think it's terrific!

Yes, when I remember it is on.  Last night, I watched THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CLARLIE BROWN and that horrible new show THE NEIGHBORS; AND THEN remembered that ARROW was on at the same time.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2012, 03:10:29 PM »

I have a dear friend in L.A. who's granddaughter has a class project to collect as many post cards from around the US as possible.  They don't know many out of state people & only have Oregon, of course, AZ & FL covered, though duplicates are welcome.

Would any DR's be so kind as to send a post card?  If so let me know & I will send you their address.

Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2012, 03:10:51 PM »

Is anyone watching "Arrow" this season?

I think it's terrific!

Yes, when I remember it is on.  Last night, I watched THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CLARLIE BROWN and that horrible new show THE NEIGHBORS; AND THEN remembered that ARROW was on at the same time.

:(

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2012, 03:13:52 PM »

Here a few photos from THE CRUCIBLE before rehearsal last night.

Our guest stars and ME

I'm guessing that David didn't get the memo reagarding rehearsal colors.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2012, 03:14:13 PM »

Greetings.

Still in the dark and cold.  Still schlepping to places like Panera Bread to sit for a spell, recharge things, and say hi to the world.  The work to be done on our street, as I see it, is proceeding in as piecemeal a fashion as I believe is humanly possible.  Power company has said the state should be 95% or 98% up by Monday night.  You can't get any further or more detailed information out of them.

Called my electrician today.  He'll be over next week to help me decide on a generator and start the process.  No way I'm not doing it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »

BTW, I'm far from being as bad off as many thousands of people.  It's an inconvenience, not a tragedy.  I don't lose sight of that.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »

Last night I watched what I presume is a mid-season replacement tv show titled CHICAGO FIRE.

Not sure if it is a good show or not, but guest starring on several upcoming episodes is one of my favorite current day actors, Jason Beghe, playing a bad police officer.

I think I first notice Jason Beghe when he played one of Matt's boyfriend's, or maybe he was just a friend, on MELROSE PLACE.

It would be a little early for a mid-season show.  It is part of NBC's Fall Season.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2012, 03:31:25 PM »

I guess it isn't quite mid-season yet, is it.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2012, 03:35:01 PM »

Greetings.

Still in the dark and cold.  Still schlepping to places like Panera Bread to sit for a spell, recharge things, and say hi to the world.  The work to be done on our street, as I see it, is proceeding in as piecemeal a fashion as I believe is humanly possible.  Power company has said the state should be 95% or 98% up by Monday night.  You can't get any further or more detailed information out of them.

Called my electrician today.  He'll be over next week to help me decide on a generator and start the process.  No way I'm not doing it.

VIBES OF PATIENCE FOR OUR DR'S WITHOUT POWER!!!

Jane

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2012, 03:35:39 PM »

BTW, I'm far from being as bad off as many thousands of people.  It's an inconvenience, not a tragedy.  I don't lose sight of that.

:)

It is still ok not to be happy about it. :)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »

The stone to complete our walkway has FINALLY arrived.  I hope it contains some of the more colorful stones as requested for the front path to the steps.

Wow, it's probably not a good idea to drive while you're stoned.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2012, 03:54:10 PM »

Greetings.

Amen to that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2012, 03:55:26 PM »

LOL-I'm not driving.

I just took the guys, only two today, some peanut butter haystacks.  They said the stone that arrived is very pretty with the colors we want.  From the pieces they have put down so far I'm very pleased.

John G.

« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2012, 03:55:48 PM »

Added Adrian Zmed to our Outside The Box cast.

Oooh, Raoul!

I love that album.
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »

Hi all.  I just wanted to check in and make sure everyone is ok.  Does anyone need anything? 

Work has eased up a bit.  I hate to say anything because it's so changeable.  This has been the worse 2 years of my life, work wise. 

I think things will start moving on the house.  I'm hoping they will start the week of Thanksgiving to pour the concrete.  I will be out of town.  Going to PIttsburgh to spend the holiday with my ex sister in law and her kids.  I'm very excited.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2012, 03:58:28 PM »

Vibes to all who need them!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »

Thursday afternoon greetings!  Today was Richard's official pre-op visit with the podiatrist who's going to operate on his foot in 2 weeks.  We had to leave for Dayton at 8:30am and it took quite a while.  Had coffee afterwards at the Starbucks nearby and ran into a former library co-worker, also now-retired.  We did a couple of errands on the way home and I had lunch and tried to take a nap to make up for being awake since 4:45 this morning.  My left foot kept cramping, so I gave up on the nap and am now trying to do some desk work.

Do you like this doctor better than the one who operated on your food?

You mean, like this?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:55:18 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2012, 04:44:12 PM »

Hi all.  I just wanted to check in and make sure everyone is ok.  Does anyone need anything? 

Work has eased up a bit.  I hate to say anything because it's so changeable.  This has been the worse 2 years of my life, work wise. 

I think things will start moving on the house.  I'm hoping they will start the week of Thanksgiving to pour the concrete.  I will be out of town.  Going to PIttsburgh to spend the holiday with my ex sister in law and her kids.  I'm very excited.

At last, some good news.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2012, 04:46:48 PM »

DR Danise I hope this will be the beginning of only good things to come.  I'm also excited you are going to Pittsburgh.  Do they have power?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2012, 04:49:25 PM »

Greetings.

Amen to that.

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2012, 04:50:43 PM »

Oooh, Raoul!

I love that album.

I do, too!  But friends of mine say that the show itself is not very good.  I'd love to play Paul.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2012, 04:55:59 PM »

Oooh, Raoul!

I love that album.

I do, too!  But friends of mine say that the show itself is not very good.  I'd love to play Paul.

What is the album?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »

Oooh, Raoul!

I love that album.

What is the album?

Eating Raoul: The Musical...originally relased by BK's very own Bay Cities. :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2012, 05:08:58 PM »

Oooh, Raoul!

I love that album.

I saw it. Dreadful!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2012, 05:19:19 PM »

It is November. In Arizona. Sigh.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Danise

« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2012, 05:24:18 PM »

Thank you DR TCB and Jane.  As far as I know everything is fine in Pittsburgh but cold. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2012, 06:13:39 PM »

Page four?  Four pages?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up