Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEW!  (Read 19909 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:WHEW!
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2004, 02:24:46 PM »

And one for Herman Miller! (On whose very comfortable chair I sit.)

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2004, 02:27:53 PM »

DR Jennifer,

I find that with these matters, it's easiest - and probably fastest - just to retype rather than angsting over the situation. You may even find that you're improving on the original as you go. Consider yourself fortunate that you have something to type from. (Any chance that you saved it as a Word document and can attach it? And maybe that's the best way to proceed when you do retype it; that way you can save as you go along.)

I think your advice is good.  The reason I'm hesitating is that it took longer than an hour.  And I'm still not convinced I didn't send it.

I am stupid because I did save it as I went along. But after I thought I sent it, I erased what I saved (since i thought i was saving the email i sent).

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2004, 02:29:55 PM »

And no I didn't save it as a word document.  And no I can't improve on it, since I'm copying it word for word from something I have with me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2004, 02:30:06 PM »

Yes, DRJENNIFER - I have had hotmail messages sent and received the next day!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2004, 02:30:23 PM »

Off to the SOLD OUT Friday performance of FATHER OF THE BRIDE!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2004, 02:30:52 PM »

Panni I didn’t receive your message.  To be on the safe side I reduced the number of messages in my in-box just to be sure there is room to receive more.  Does the message show up in your out-box?

Jane

« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2004, 02:35:01 PM »

CD player-The Time/Life Hit Parade 1951, 52 and 53.  These were the only CD’s of my father’s that I could find when I cleaned out his condo.

VHS-CHARLIE GRANT’S WAR and TWO MEN

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2004, 02:36:04 PM »

I am stupid because I did save it as I went along. But after I thought I sent it, I erased what I saved (since i thought i was saving the email i sent).

I've done worse.

Tomovoz

« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2004, 02:37:47 PM »

TCB sends his "Hello" and best wishes to the usual suspects. He will try and log on at some.  Still major problems with his computer.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2004, 02:39:34 PM »

DR Jennifer - Sometimes I have received Hotmail messages from DR François 4 days after he has left work!
DR Jane. You have mail.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2004, 02:41:48 PM »

CD player-The Time/Life Hit Parade 1951, 52 and 53.  

Did I got to School with your father? I remember the years well - and the hit parades.  Did anyone find out how much was that doggie in the window. Perhaps Gord. and DR DIT would know.
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2004, 02:52:55 PM »

Jennifer, it was an hour of typing, not just doing the work?  When does your friend need this?  Can you do it at home, a little at a time?  Will your friend call you as soon as/if the email is received?

He doesn't "need" it, I just promised I'd send it.  And I don't know how long it took, but more than an hour, maybe even two. :(

And yes I will know if it is received.

Thanks for caring.

Jennifer

« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2004, 03:00:27 PM »

Yes, DRJENNIFER - I have had hotmail messages sent and received the next day!

What's up with that?

And listening to DRs Panni and Jane - it makes me wonder how many messages are MIA.  Crazy.

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2004, 03:05:18 PM »

Quote from: Jennifer on Today at 02:27:53pm

I've done worse.

Thanks for saying that since I feel like a complete idiot.  At least most people in my position would know if they actually sent the message and HAD to re-type it.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2004, 03:06:26 PM »

The Risë Stevens/Aldolp Green recording is availbale on CD together with extra material - Danny Kaye singing six numbers from the show including "Jenny" and "My Ship".

Now then DRs - can you connect the LP (Lady in the Dark) with the DVD (Marx Brothers) in the requisite six degrees or less?

der Brucer
The CD of the Rise Stevens LP of Lady in the Dark includes extra material featuring Danny Kaye...

...Who appeared as himself on The Lucy Show (episode: "Lucy Meets Danny Kaye") starring Lucille Ball...

Who in turn played the female lead in the film Room Service...

Which starred the Marx Brothers.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2004, 03:07:46 PM »

a black panther attempted to take a bite out of Susan Hayward

And I, for one, don't blame him.

The mother-in-law is still on the couch, but has announced plans to leave tomorrow, for D.C.  She will have been on the couch watching Lord of the Rings (the first two) for roughly 88 hours.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2004, 03:08:53 PM »

I tried that line once, and failed miserably. I believe an exact quote would have been "No way am I driving across country with 5 dogs in the car!". (And you were only dealing with 1 more - I had Blond twin adolescents with which to contend.)

Though I would have thought that adding two more to the family would be unfair to the three we had, it turns out that they are all the happier with the added playmates.  (And the blonds have learned to share "qualiity time" with me laying on the bed and gazing out of the window at the squirrels and birds cavorting in yard.)

der "always a sucker for puppy" Brucer
I'd have said "always a sucker for a lost puppy," at least for as long as I've known you.   ;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2004, 03:20:04 PM »

Jane - I sent you a long PM in reply to yours yesterday about the videos and it's not in my Outbox, nor did you get it. Aaaargh!

Could someone PM me Jane's email. I think I had it, but no longer do and she's not signed on. Thanks!

ADDED: FOUND THE ADDRESS.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 03:25:55 PM by Panni »

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2004, 03:20:52 PM »

BK - I've checked, I've looked, and I still cant find where you've answered my BK query, so here it is again:

I'd love to know about the process leading to the selection of the songs for What If.

When different people were cast, did you then find material that would be right for them?
Were songs dropped after casting because nobody was right for them?

Had you, before embarking on this project, a list of songs that you thought would be good in a revue - to draw on.  What "new" listening did you do, once it seemed Plan B might become a reality?

Did you ever get in touch with Marcy and Zina?  Their new musical, Junie B. Jones, opens next week at the Lucille Lortel
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2004, 03:22:06 PM »

DerBrucer, hmmm, if I remember correctly you couldn’t find homes for the “blonds” or would have. :)
Ah, but we did find a home for the "blonds"...OURS!   :D :D

Bonnie is currently under my bed, and Buster is on top of it, looking down and watching her tail wag.  Pounce time is approaching.

Panni

« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2004, 03:24:40 PM »

Never mind! Found it!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2004, 03:28:35 PM »

Hello folks. While the rest of my family goes on vacation, I will be remaining at home alone, working towards the closing of Mom's house.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 03:45:08 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2004, 03:30:43 PM »

Might try to squeeze in SMILES OF A SUMMER NIGHT before MONK comes on tonight.
Spoo, forgot about Monk.  Der Brucer will have to tape it, I guess, since Stargate: Atlantis plays it's opener at the same time.  (See, Danise, you're not alone!)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 03:31:04 PM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2004, 03:37:12 PM »

The mother-in-law is still on the couch, but has announced plans to leave tomorrow, for D.C.  She will have been on the couch watching Lord of the Rings (the first two) for roughly 88 hours.
All right, I'll bite.  Is she going through all of the audio commentaries, or just watching the films over and over and...

I mean, I've heard der Brucer's daughter complain about what goes on when her mother visits, but your MiL takes the cake!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2004, 03:42:43 PM »

Pounce Time has occurred!  Bonnie and Buster have been racing up and down the hall, pausing only at one end or the other to wrassle (either in the living room or on my bed).  The other dogs are just watching them, bemused.

I have had a very quiet day off, mostly spent napping.  The morning glories planted along the dog run downstairs have been spectacularly blue, with one in bright fuchia opening up as well (a mini-flower version).  Life is pleasant.

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2004, 03:52:24 PM »

Media check:

VHS: both taped off of TV, IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA (too much talk, not enough monster)...and THE GIRL MOST LIKELY (fun to see Keith Andes in a musical comedy, but otherwise it was just OK)

DVD: A few episodes of Stingray.

And my Bollywood DVD this weekend is HARISHCHANDRA TARAMATI (whew!).

It apears to be a nifty little costume/mythological treat from 1963, the kind of movie of which I have become most fond of!

It stars Helen along with some actors I have not heard of before.

Panni

« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2004, 04:11:56 PM »

Bulletin: Val Kilmer will be playing Moses in the musical "The Ten Commandments"... Opening at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, Sept 27.
Is that a burning bush or are you just happy to see me? (Sorry!)

Jane

« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2004, 04:14:55 PM »

Did I got to School with your father? I remember the years well - and the hit parades.  Did anyone find out how much was that doggie in the window. Perhaps Gord. and DR DIT would know.

Nope, but it is still a fun song.  And I remember it well.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2004, 04:16:49 PM »

Ah, but we did find a home for the "blonds"...OURS!   :D :D

Bonnie is currently under my bed, and Buster is on top of it, looking down and watching her tail wag.  Pounce time is approaching.

And they are so lucky to have been found!! :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2004, 04:18:57 PM »

Bulletin: Val Kilmer will be playing Moses in the musical "The Ten Commandments"... Opening at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, Sept 27.
Is that a burning bush or are you just happy to see me? (Sorry!)
:) A song for each of the commandments could be interesting. I am in shock.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 04:19:22 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up