Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: RIGOLETTO  (Read 20198 times)

Ginny

Re: RIGOLETTO
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »

Oh, DR Ron Pulliam, I am so sorry to hear about your illness!  Please take good care of yourself!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2013, 10:55:18 AM »

Good health vibes to you Ron

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »

Thanks, y'all.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2013, 11:04:07 AM »

One week ago today, I learned what had been at the core of my malaise during the holidays; what had prevented me from enjoying my final week off in the manner I wished to enjoy it; and what had plagued me during my first week back at work during which time I felt my energy drain from me daily and, despite earlier bedtimes, but was never fully restored.

What was this at the core of my malaise?   Pneumonia.  Walking pneumonia.  Viral pneumonia.

I did not work last week at all except for half a day on Monday, Jan.14.  On Wednesday, I recognized that I wasn't going to get any better taking OTC drugs and sleeping.  It took me several hours just to clean up and get dressed.  Once I checked in at the doctor's office, I was taken into urgent care and the tests began...blood, urine, X-rays.  My temp was 102-plus at that time.

My white blood count was off the charts, so they knew there was infection.  Then came the x-rays and the pronouncement of what they showed.

I was first treated to an IV of antibiotics.  About half an hour into that, I began feeling a bit more upbeat and better.  Maybe it's the anti-biotics, of course, but it may also have been the joy of knowing that what was wrong was going to be put right.

Following the antibiotic, I was given a saline drip....and that cheered me up/perked me up enormously.  My fever broke with the Tylenol they had given me earlier, and my final temp was 97.6.

I was given two antibiotic drugs to take home (azithromycin and amoxicillin), plus codeine-laced cough syrup.

I'm done with the azithromycin, but will be taking the other (twice a day) for the next week.   The amoxicillin is great, but it also gives me sweats. 

I'm back at work (second day), am taking my time, and am taking the best care of myself I can.

Horrible story. Glad you are feeling better. And vibes for continued recovery.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2013, 11:08:19 AM »

So sorry to hear about Paul.  He was wonderful in my show and a sweet man.  I saw him several times over the years - I think he came to one of the early Kritzerland shows.  RIP.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »

Favorite air warfare movie - Wings, I guess.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 11:08:48 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 11:09:40 AM »

Druxy, I may have been harsh about To Rome, With Love, but it's how I felt - for me, just a terrible movie save for Woody's performance.  Glad you liked it better.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2013, 11:18:24 AM »

Had an hour-long chat with Muse Margaret.  First off, she loves the book - it's really the first book in a long time where she's had no comments at all in terms of things she didn't think were working - two tiny little things is all and those were easy.

BUT:  She's very protective of me and she's feeling somewhat uneasy about a certain aspect of the book, one that she understands can't be changed and besides she really likes the plot and the characters and wouldn't want me to.  She wants me to give some time to this one - not to rewrite or anything like that.  Because, being an author, one does use stuff one sees in life and I've done that in this book.  I felt it was a good cautionary tale about young people run amok on places like Instagram.  But because I used stuff that I'm familiar with she's concerned that some people who know me will think I had other motives for doing this story, which I didn't, and she understands that and understands that the details are all fiction, but she's concerned and I have to think about that concern.   She was this way on Album Produced By when I'd editorialize about things that had happened - she wouldn't let me do it because she felt that it would have the opposite effect of what I wanted, i.e. I'd come off poorly rather than the person who I was writing about.

So, I'm going to reread it soon, make my changes and see how I feel.  The bottom line is I may wait until a little later in the year to put it out.  Which is fine - all my books used to come out in September anyway and I'm not in any kind of hurry.  She just feels a little more distance might be good. Again, it's not the book itself or the way it works - that she's very happy with.  And if I hadn't told her certain things in advance of her reading it, she would not be feeling this way at all.  So, pondering is what I'll be doing.

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2013, 11:29:44 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam, very glad you went to the doctor and the found a fix! Glad you are beginning to feel better.

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 11:38:28 AM »

Favorite air warfare movie - Wings, I guess.

Speaking of air warfare in movies, our nephew Chris, the Air Force helicopter pilot, was telling us last month about filming chopper footage for a movie due to be released later this year.  He said, "Yeah, this'll be my third movie..."
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Doug R

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 11:44:21 AM »

Sorry you've been suffering Ron. Hope you're back to full fitness soon.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 11:48:53 AM »

Pondering vibes for BK!

Doug R

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 11:52:51 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  This is our 5th day home and I'm still sick.  I'd really like to re-enter the human race...

Sorry you're still ill DR Ginny. Wishing that you are better very soon.

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 11:54:39 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  This is our 5th day home and I'm still sick.  I'd really like to re-enter the human race...

Sorry you're still ill DR Ginny. Wishing that you are better very soon.

Thank you, DR Doug R!  I hope you didn't catch any of my germs...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2013, 11:59:33 AM »

One week ago today, I learned what had been at the core of my malaise during the holidays; what had prevented me from enjoying my final week off in the manner I wished to enjoy it; and what had plagued me during my first week back at work during which time I felt my energy drain from me daily and, despite earlier bedtimes, was never fully restored.

What was this at the core of my malaise?   Pneumonia.  Walking pneumonia.  Viral pneumonia.

I did not work last week at all except for half a day on Monday, Jan.14.  On Wednesday, I recognized that I wasn't going to get any better taking OTC drugs and sleeping.  It took me several hours just to clean up and get dressed.  Once I checked in at the doctor's office, I was taken into urgent care and the tests began...blood, urine, X-rays.  My temp was 102-plus at that time.

My white blood count was off the charts, so they knew there was infection.  Then came the x-rays and the pronouncement of what they showed.

I was first treated to an IV of antibiotics.  About half an hour into that, I began feeling a bit more upbeat and better.  Maybe it's the anti-biotics, of course, but it may also have been the joy of knowing that what was wrong was going to be put right.

Following the antibiotic, I was given a saline drip....and that cheered me up/perked me up enormously.  My fever broke with the Tylenol they had given me earlier, and my final temp was 97.6.

I was given two antibiotic drugs to take home (azithromycin and amoxicillin), plus codeine-laced cough syrup.

I'm done with the azithromycin, but will be taking the other (twice a day) for the next week.   The amoxicillin is great, but it also gives me sweats. 

I'm back at work (second day), am taking my time, and am taking the best care of myself I can.

I was hospitalized with viral pneumonia in 1956! I'm glad they caught your problem, DR Ron.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »

Some things to ponder certainly MR BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2013, 12:08:24 PM »

Scary story from DR RLP.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam, very glad you went to the doctor and the found a fix! Glad you are beginning to feel better.

Ditto!
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2013, 12:09:49 PM »

WOW that's a lot of LP's DR CHAS SMITH......

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2013, 12:16:40 PM »

Piano tuner is still here - was supposed to go to the editing room, but now it's getting very late and I have to be back at three for rehearsal, so maybe we'll end up doing the editing stuff tomorrow.

Laura

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2013, 12:25:05 PM »

I'm so glad you are both feeling better, Ginny and Ron P.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »

I am slowly adding things to my heartburn diet. Today I am trying tomato sauce.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2013, 12:38:16 PM »

I am slowly adding things to my heartburn diet. Today I am trying tomato sauce.

The acid test...

Laura

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2013, 12:51:36 PM »

I would be very sad indeed if I could never have spaghetti sauce ever again.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

John G.

« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »

Words of wisdom from the Internet for all of us contemplating diets:

Whoever determined that a 1-inch candy bar should be called "fun sized" should really re-evaluate their standards for entertainment.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2013, 01:05:32 PM »

I'm so glad you are both feeling better, Ginny and Ron P.

Even though the cold is hanging on, I'm thankful that the pink-eye is clear enough that I can now read and knit.

Laura

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »

Whoever determined that a 1-inch candy bar should be called "fun sized" should really re-evaluate their standards for entertainment.

You're doing it wrong, John. The WHOLE BAG is fun.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

John G.

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2013, 01:14:41 PM »

You're doing it wrong, John. The WHOLE BAG is fun.
I agree.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2013, 01:16:35 PM »

Feel better vibes to DR GINNY.

Yes, Mr Haber was excellent in the DVD of What If.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up