Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DISCOMBOBULATED  (Read 16805 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: DISCOMBOBULATED
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2013, 02:43:09 PM »

...it's time to move on...to PAGE 4!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:45:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2013, 02:43:27 PM »

DR George.  Support at my library is very nice about responding quickly to my emails.  I was told
there is an audiobook copy of "Dog Tags" on the OverDrive site, but no eBook.

I used to confuse the two when putting hold on books.  Might you have done that?

No, I searched by title...both versions would show up in the results.  When I searched by the author in our OverDrive site (the titles that Timberland specifically had ordered), NOTHING came up for that author.

I misunderstood then.  I thought you said it showed up in OverDrive but not on your library site.  Good, the OverDrive info should be the same. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2013, 02:44:14 PM »

Migrating.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2013, 02:45:56 PM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  About 9:45 last night I got a text from my sister that they were taking shelter at their nearby hospital because there were tornado warnings in their part of Michigan (they live in a manufactured home).  We texted back and forth until she called at 10:15 to tell me they were home and all was OK.  Now, should I tell our mother?

It's over. I wouldn't tell her. It's one less thing to worry about/deal with.

That was how Bryan felt when he didn't tell us about getting mugged, that is until he let it slip.  I would have preferred hearing sooner.  So what if I worry, as a parent I do anyway.

DR Ginny I wouldn't tell your mom because she is older and doesn't need the stress.

I think in DR Jane's case she should have been told since she would find it eventually.

Only way I might have found out is by asking how he got the scar on his face.  Since we have only talked on the phone & not skyped I don't know when I'll notice the scar.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2013, 02:46:28 PM »

Once again I've enjoyed the page dance.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2013, 03:01:27 PM »

DR George.  Support at my library is very nice about responding quickly to my emails.  I was told
there is an audiobook copy of "Dog Tags" on the OverDrive site, but no eBook.

I used to confuse the two when putting hold on books.  Might you have done that?

No, I searched by title...both versions would show up in the results.  When I searched by the author in our OverDrive site (the titles that Timberland specifically had ordered), NOTHING came up for that author.

I misunderstood then.  I thought you said it showed up in OverDrive but not on your library site.  Good, the OverDrive info should be the same. :)

Oh...I guess I didn't explain it correctly.  When I said that I searched the OverDrive site, I meant the site that I, as the Acquisitions Supervisor go to, to actually order the titles from the OverDrive company.  It's their database of everything that they offer for sale to libraries...ePub books, downloadable audio books, downloadable movies, etc. 

After I order whatever the selectors have selected, it takes a couple of days but those titles show up in OUR (meaning Timberland Library's) OverDrive site, on OUR library's OverDrive webpage.

Clear as mud? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »

LOL, not really.  What is important is that OverDrive does not offer the book I want on their universal page vs your local library, or mine, OverDrive ;)

ChasSmith

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2013, 03:33:19 PM »

Okay, so, come three o'clock in the morning here, I'm just going to have to stop myself from posting.

KevinH

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2013, 03:34:21 PM »

Good evening!

Jane

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2013, 03:40:28 PM »

Okay, so, come three o'clock in the morning here, I'm just going to have to stop myself from posting.

I know.  I had better sleep tomorrow and hope I remember not to post until it is safe.

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2013, 04:00:44 PM »

Hopefully someone will write DO NOT POST when we are not allowed to post. And people will start telling us when the system changes for them.

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2013, 04:00:49 PM »

Looking forward to seeing the new HHW!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »

Me too!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2013, 04:19:22 PM »

Jennifer, it's really simple: After midnight tonight CA time, DO NOT POST.  When you come to the discussion board and see the NEW BOARD, THEN you can post.  If you see the old board, DO NOT POST.  As I've already said (and will reiterate in the notes) the new board does not look like the old board - it's similar, but has a new design, your avatar will appear on the home page of the board and that's all there is to it.  For some the migration will happen more quickly than for others - please be patient.  We had the same deal when we did the board originally and when we did the update four years ago.  It will take the time it takes and then we won't have to ever do it again, hopefully.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2013, 04:37:13 PM »

Jennifer, it's really simple: After midnight tonight CA time, DO NOT POST.  When you come to the discussion board and see the NEW BOARD, THEN you can post.  If you see the old board, DO NOT POST.  As I've already said (and will reiterate in the notes) the new board does not look like the old board - it's similar, but has a new design, your avatar will appear on the home page of the board and that's all there is to it.  For some the migration will happen more quickly than for others - please be patient.  We had the same deal when we did the board originally and when we did the update four years ago.  It will take the time it takes and then we won't have to ever do it again, hopefully.

I'm putting a post-it on my computer as a reminder.  The trick will be to remember on my Nook if I'm bored in the middle of the night ;)

I hope to sleep cuz we have company arriving tomorrow & I have tons to do.  I doubt I will even have time to visit in the morning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2013, 06:19:26 PM »

Hey, it's five and a half hours until midnight so let's get some postin' goin' on since you won't be able to post until the new board migrates.

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2013, 06:26:14 PM »

I just meant that it would be easy to read the posts and forget to not post.

Also, like DR Jane I sometimes check the board on my ereader.

Michael

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2013, 06:27:57 PM »

ASK BK

Have you ever considered using any of you Dinah Shore's New Best Friends for any of your cabaret series?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »

Hey, it's five and a half hours until midnight so let's get some postin' goin' on since you won't be able to post until the new board migrates.

Eastern time, Pacific Time?
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2013, 06:42:55 PM »

I just meant that it would be easy to read the posts and forget to not post.

Also, like DR Jane I sometimes check the board on my ereader.

BK, after the new day switches over, can you lock tomorrow's day of posts until it's all migrated and done with?  Just put your first post saying that it's locked until the migration is over, then people won't be able to accidentally post when they shouldn't.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2013, 06:44:15 PM »

Good idea George.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2013, 06:44:39 PM »

I'm looking forward to the new board tomorrow.

'night

ChasSmith

« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2013, 06:55:29 PM »

Come midnight, we won't be able to post until the cows come home!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2013, 06:58:36 PM »

I am agog with excitement......I haven't migrated since....well since I was one of my ancestors....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2013, 07:03:30 PM »

There's some HOCKEY going on here on my TV tonight....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2013, 07:06:29 PM »

Yes, George, that's exactly what I'll do - there won't be a new topic to post in until the new board is up, hopefully by Friday at the latest, although we have no control over that - that's why I'm glad it was started this evening.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2013, 07:07:25 PM »

Good morning, all! The jerk above me crashed, banged, stomped about, dragged and dropped object noisily between 10 and 10:45 last night, after I had decided to goto bed around 9:45. So, after listen9ng to this ass for make noise for about 45 minutes, he left the apartment and never returned. Sometime after 11, I fell asleep, I was wide awake by 6:00am, pondering my schedule for today, so I got up.

I will shortly head to Toyland to print a ROBERTA score, since my full score is missing the last two pages of the Lindy Hop.  I will rebind my score for Act One and continue the error search. Then, at 12:30, I'm meeting a friend at 85th and Broadway for lunch. That's my day.

Thanks for last night's photos, BK!

More coffee.

Well he had to go bury the body
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2013, 07:08:16 PM »

And the word of the day is: BATTOLOGY!

I think  I took that as an elective in college -  the study of Bats, right?

vixmom

« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2013, 07:10:03 PM »

I liked seeing all the old photos. My father was a professional photographer so I have loads of photographs. This was taken at Christmas 1952 with family and friends watching 9.5mm films. I'm at the front and my sister is to the left. My older brother is high up at right.

You'll note that I am properly attired in jacket and tie, as people were in those days, even when at home on holiday.

(sorry if this has gone into CinemaScope)

my 85 year old British born father in law gets up every day and puts on a white shirt and tie and a cardigan

vixmom

« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2013, 07:11:29 PM »

I liked seeing all the old photos. My father was a professional photographer so I have loads of photographs. This was taken at Christmas 1952 with family and friends watching 9.5mm films. I'm at the front and my sister is to the left. My older brother is high up at right.

You'll note that I am properly attired in jacket and tie, as people were in those days, even when at home on holiday.

(sorry if this has gone into CinemaScope)

wonderful picture!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up