Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: PRESENTING THE NEW HAINESHISWAY.COM WEBSITE  (Read 16661 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: PRESENTING THE NEW HAINESHISWAY.COM WEBSITE
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2013, 10:12:29 AM »

Wishing DR Jane and her DH Keith a splendi anniversary!!! Hope you two kids have a great time and another 44 years together...at the very least!

I thought this was yesterday! Sorry.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2013, 10:13:35 AM »

I posted the "Two for the Road" poster from Photobucket.

Now, I shall try a download the old-fashioned way:

That looks great, DR RP.  Now tell me how you did it.  The only way I learned to post images was linking to an outside website.  Do we simply drop an image into the post, or what?

Well...you click on "Reply" (this doesn't work in "Quick Reply", SFAIK).  At the bottom of the page, you will see "Attachments and Other Options".

Click on that.

Then you will see The word ATTACH, below which is a blank strip, to the right of which is a "Browse" button.

Click on that and it will take you to your hard drive files.  Presuming you have a picture therein you wish to share, you select the picture.  The blank strip will be filled with whatever you selected.

You then click on "Post"...and that's it!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2013, 10:16:03 AM »

Alongside Vickie and Julie (see MBarnum's card), I offer my hearty congrats to Keith and Jane on their anniversary.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2013, 10:18:36 AM »

It is SO good to have the list of members "in" the topic back.  I don't think that matters on any other site, but on this one it just seemed essential.  Thanks, BK!

I like it too!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2013, 10:22:01 AM »

I don't know how big the photo cache is here and I currently have it set to delete any photos after 100 days.  But still use the off-site hosting places for bigger stuff and if it's convenient.  That way we won't fill up too fast, although I'm sure we have a lot more room than we used to.  I also think it gives me a warning when it's getting close to being full.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Anniversary, Nursie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »

One more thing figured out. Why, oh why am I so computer illiterate?

I've finished my notes and it's time to do an invoice.  I also need some lunch.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2013, 10:34:49 AM »

Whose Mahler, DR John G.?
It's a pastry, ChasSmith.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2013, 10:35:41 AM »

Alongside Vickie and Julie (see MBarnum's card), I offer my hearty congrats to Keith and Jane on their anniversary.

And I'll add mine as well.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2013, 10:45:32 AM »

It's funny - I enable something people really want, then no one posts and it makes me think I screwed something up - so if there's no posts in the next ten minutes I'm taking it away.

This post seems to have upset at least one dear reader - I've explained to that dear reader why I made it and I'm happy to explain it publicly - I'm trying to give everyone what they want - it's daunting.  We are not in test mode anymore so when I go in and do stuff to the board I need to know I haven't screwed anything up.  When I hadn't seen any posts for a full twenty minutes after doing what I did, despite seeing several dear readers on the board, I got nervous that I'd screwed something up - I am not an expert at this crap - and hence I made the post I did so that someone would post, which they happily did so I then knew we were fine.  And before you say I could post myself - I can do whatever I want on this board because I am the admin - I needed to know that others were fine with the change I'd made.  I have been doing NOTHING but fretting and stressing for over a week, trying to get this board up to snuff (and the site, too) - it has consumed all of my time and has caused me several completely sleepless nights.  So, if you want me to keep making adjustments, please understand that I'm happy to try but I need to know immediately if they've worked and that I haven't messed something up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »

Our tech guy will be working on the avatar size thing today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »

Otherwise, everything is working really well.  One thing that's not automatic anymore unless you go into your preferences and make it so - I, for example, used to get a pop-up window if there was a new private message - I didn't like that, and now it's not automatic - you can still have the pop-up, but you have to check that box.  If you don't have it, up on the top menu bar you'll see "messages" and if there's a new one there there should be a little number in parens.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »

Well, eighteen GUESTS have found us, so that's good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »

And best of all - not one spam registration has come in for this new board - I still have gotten one or two from the old board but that should go away totally very soon.

MBarnum

« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2013, 11:21:57 AM »

What is the thingy that you enabled that you were afraid messed everything up? I don't want to be unkowing incase it is something I would want to use.

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2013, 11:22:23 AM »

"in case" or "incase" Which is correct?

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2013, 11:22:34 AM »

I guess I could Google that.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2013, 11:27:41 AM »

I enabled the thing that shows you who is on any board you're looking at - we used to have that feature on the old board and people wanted it back - it took me an hour to find it, I enabled it, and just wanted to be sure I hadn't messed anything up in doing so, which apparently I didn't.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2013, 11:28:42 AM »

Posting notes when I'm out of town just got a whole lot easier.  I never had this option before, but there's a scheduler - if I feel like writing the notes early, I can, and then can schedule them to be posted at midnight.  I may try that this very evening.

ChasSmith

« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2013, 11:30:14 AM »

"in case"

ChasSmith

« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2013, 11:32:20 AM »

Everything is proceeding amazingly well.  I've never seen a migration like it.  Hell, the HTF was practically brought to its knees when they went through theirs.

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »

Incase felt so right when I typed it. But it just didn't look right.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »

I am a GENIUS.  Look at the top left above the first post on a page and you'll see who's viewing this board :)

Nice!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Doug R

« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2013, 11:45:48 AM »

I put my new keyboard away, and brought back my old keyboard.  It makes typing much easier.  Some of the keys are in different places, and I kept hitting "Home" instead of "Delete" which caused many extra keystrokes...so this is much better.

I've done the same thing Jrand62. Two weeks ago I bought a bluetooth compact keyboard to give myself more desk room but I couldn't get used to it so I've gone back to using the full size one.

ChasSmith

« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2013, 11:47:14 AM »

TOO LATE BLUES has entered the building!!  :)

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2013, 11:47:36 AM »

And best of all - not one spam registration has come in for this new board - I still have gotten one or two from the old board but that should go away totally very soon.

Removing that aggravation should take a lot of stress out of your life, BK!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2013, 11:48:27 AM »

Posting notes when I'm out of town just got a whole lot easier.  I never had this option before, but there's a scheduler - if I feel like writing the notes early, I can, and then can schedule them to be posted at midnight.  I may try that this very evening.

Yep, best to try it when you're in the comfort of your own home, rather than waiting until you really NEED it to work!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »

The Radio Show is up and running (the limited portion that is). It's so much more easy to use and I can finally listen again. Thanks, Bruce for making the Radio Show a reality. Donald's radio show is why/how I came here in the first place in 2002. I was looking for radio shows which played show music and there was Donald. I now have another Daily radio show I can listen to called

Jemm 3

It's 24/7 show tunes (with some film thrown in) so when I'm done with Donald and the BBC I can go to Jemm

I've been listening to this and really liking it...thanks for posting it, Ben!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2013, 11:52:09 AM »

I don't know how big the photo cache is here and I currently have it set to delete any photos after 100 days.  But still use the off-site hosting places for bigger stuff and if it's convenient.  That way we won't fill up too fast, although I'm sure we have a lot more room than we used to.  I also think it gives me a warning when it's getting close to being full.

This was a test.  On the old version of the board, if you added an attachment, and then previewed your post, it screwed things up.  For this post, I added the picture, previewed and posted and it worked!  The preview didn't show the picture, but it didn't screw things up.  I know that this isn't earth-shatteringly profound, but it was something that was in the back of my mind. :D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:54:03 AM by George »

George

« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »

Our tech guy will be working on the avatar size thing today.

Cool!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up