Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLANKS FOR THE MEMORIES  (Read 13497 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: PLANKS FOR THE MEMORIES
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2013, 11:28:02 PM »

PAGE SEVEN DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2013, 11:30:30 PM »

I'm watching the season premiere of the new half-hour version of "Who Do You Think You Are?"  Kelly Clarkson is the first person this season.  It sounds like Sam Champion doing the voice-over narration.  Otherwise, they make it seem like she (and her mother at the beginning of the episode) are just doing all this research on their own.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:42:11 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2013, 11:34:15 PM »

The show is still interesting.  So, instead of two different people in a one-hour episode, they have one person in a half hour.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2013, 11:48:25 PM »

Back from our final vocal session, which went very well.  I had to get tough a couple of times to get the performance we needed, but it was all fine.  I also did something I've never done in my twenty years of doing this - I felt Sandy just wasn't "getting" Bluesette, which is a very difficult song to do, but which has a point.  For most it's just a jazz waltz they sing and I feel the song's point is frequently buried or lost.  After about four takes, I kept stopping and telling her what she was doing that wasn't working and she just kept doing it, so I finally just played it for her and she heard it immediately.  But I took a shortcut and I went into the room with her and stood there while she sang the song - I acted for her and gave her someone to sing to and something to sing about and it was like night and day - one take and we basically had it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2013, 11:51:16 PM »

There was some screwed up bullcrap with the cops going on where the studio is - in that area.  Santa Monica Blvd. was a nightmare with cars literally at a standstill for miles.  I finally turned onto a side street and drove north to Fountain, which was a huge mistake as that's where the problem probably was.  There was a cop car blocking the street at Poinsettia (the street the studio is on), and it looked like they'd shut Fountain down all the way to Fairfax.  It was madness.  I turned onto Poinsettia and it took literally thirty minutes to go one damn block to the alley behind the studio.  I was going berserk in the car thanks to my claustrophobia. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2013, 11:51:29 PM »

And now to write some damn notes.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up