Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE STARRY NIGHT  (Read 7246 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
ONE STARRY NIGHT
« on: January 13, 2014, 12:03:20 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were gross, and now it is time for you to post until the gross cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: ONE STARRY NIGHT
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:04:38 AM »

And the word of the day is: VOLUBLE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 12:05:26 AM »

Here's our new release in detail:

Kritzerland is proud to present a new world premiere limited edition release

JOSEPH ANDREWS

Composed and Conducted by John Addison

In 1963, director Tony Richardson struck gold with his film adaptation of Henry Fielding’s Tom Jones.  Beloved by critics and audiences, Jones was a huge hit, the fourth most successful film of that year and a winner of four Academy Awards – including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Score.  Fourteen years and many films later, Richardson decided to pay Henry Fielding another visit, hoping the same formula would result in another box-office winner.  This time the source was Fielding’s Joseph Andrews, the author’s first full-length published novel and, indeed, one of the earliest novels written in English.   For the film, Richardson assembled a stellar team, both behind and in front of the camera.  The cast included Peter Firth as the eponymous Joseph, Ann-Margret as Lady Booby, Michael Hordern, Jim Dale, Beryl Reid and Penelope Wilton (of Downton Abbey), along with cameos by John Gielgud, Hugh Griffith (repeating his role of Squire Western from Tom Jones) and Peggy Ashcroft.   Also along for the ride was composer John Addison, who’d won the Oscar for Best Score for Richardson’s Tom Jones, and who had an amazingly long and fruitful composer/director collaboration with Richardson, resulting in great scores for films such as The Entertainer, A Taste of Honey, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, The Charge of the Light Brigade, The Loved One, Dead Cert and The Phantom of the Opera.

Addison’s score is wonderful and melodious music – it’s pastoral, jaunty and often quirky in its instrumentation, conjuring up the world of Fielding and all of the film’s colorful characters.  Addison was a master at this kind of score and Joseph Andrews is prime John Addison.

This world-premiere release of Addison’s music for the film was taken from the mono mixdown tapes, which were in great condition in the Paramount vaults. 

Joseph Andrews is limited to 1000 copies only and is priced at $19.98, plus shipping.

CDs will ship by the third week of February, but we’ve been averaging three to four weeks early in terms of shipping ahead of the official ship date.  To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

Michael

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 01:11:25 AM »

good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 01:11:41 AM »

very early for me
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 01:14:56 AM »

tod

I ended up in the hospital for three days with food poisoning from Burger King. And for the next 18 months I continued to have stomach problems after months and months of test they couldn't figure or find out anything else. I kept hoping they would find something so they could help me. Then it all finally stopped.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 01:18:50 AM »

And I didn't watch the Golden Globes. I was at rehearsals.

Some of the cast were reading throughout the script of The Normal Heart.

Our Ned is really good and as soon as our Tommy laid on the southern accent the humor made the people around the table read laugh.
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 01:29:52 AM »

~~~Continued Recovery Vibes for BK!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 01:35:56 AM »

CD has been ordered!  I really enjoy the samples. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 02:35:50 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 04:32:32 AM »

~ ~ ~ MOST EXCELLENT VIBES AND XYLOPHONES FOR A MOST EXCELLENT AND SMOOTH-RUNNING SHOW ~ ~ ~ for bk, cast, and crew this evening!!!!!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Kerry

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 04:47:30 AM »

Happy Day-- a new week, new adventures!!!!   (How's that for Monday perkiness?)
I like boat races.

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 04:57:37 AM »

Good morning, all.

Woke up too hot in the middle of the night and threw the covers off.  Woke up later, freezing, and threw them back on.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Coffee!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 05:12:11 AM »

TOD:

"What’s the worst gastrointestinal problem you’ve ever had? "

And you want lots of lovely postings?

:o

::)

:D

Hope you feel better, BK.

You can dream…or you can do.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 05:14:13 AM »

~ ~ ~ SETTLED STOMACH AND QUEASINESS BEGONE VIBES ~ ~ ~ also, for bk!!!!!!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 05:15:47 AM »

TOD

Had at least two good bouts of food poisoning in my time.  The earliest was around 1971 following a meal at some sort of barbecue joint in Cleveland, and it was several years before I could go near that kind of food again.  Another was in 1986 while living in Schaumburg, Illinois, and I don't remember what kind of food was involved that time.  Each of these attacks hit me after I'd been in bed and asleep for a while, and they ran their course through the rest of the night, leaving me weak and dehydrated and uninterested in eating that whole next day, but feeling fine and back to normal after the following night's sleep.

Remembering how miserable these experiences were, and they passed within 24 hours, stories like DR Mike's are just plain scary.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 05:16:56 AM »

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 05:18:12 AM »

ONE STARRY NIGHT...   Is that like ONE GRECIAN URN?

FJL

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 05:21:45 AM »

Yikes, just realized I didn't read the notes.   

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 05:22:30 AM »

Good morning, all!

BK, I cannot order the JOSEPH ANDREWS soundtrack until Wednesday. Please set aside a copy for me.

This morning, I've got physical therapy.  When I get back here, I'vw gt a lot of wrk on my choral arrangement.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 05:26:39 AM »

DOWNTON ABBEY SPOILER ALERT:

The Times has an article about the controversial show that aired last night.  Spoiler aler again.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/watching-downton-abbey-a-shocking-crime/

FJL

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 05:28:03 AM »

Sorry i couldn't stick around for the HHW mini-party for the Golden Globes last night.  I had to do something in Word for a few hours, and my system doesn't seem to like keeping Safari open at the same time as word.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 05:28:10 AM »

And speaking of the three Gypsy strippers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSJfkLXaayg#t=189

FJL

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 05:34:46 AM »

Maybe it was because of the Red Carpet sewage problem that took place yesterday, but I didn't spot the one particular gown or fashion moment to make a timely Hollywood Gown segment for the Globes this year.

So for now, I'll just re-run last year's "Hollywood Gown" - for the moment anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C7ZkwWgiXs
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:00:39 AM by FJL »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 05:47:11 AM »

Monday. 

Continued feeling better and show vibes for MR BK!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 05:48:52 AM »

My lines will continue to be worked on today.....my first hour at the rehearsal is scheduled for 6:39 p.m.  I rehearse my scenes until 8:50 p.m.  I will be going early just in case the director gets ahead of himself.

He is blocking the ENTIRE play today - we lost 5 days because of the weather, and he has been in Portugal since Tuesday....so here we go.

Our first performance is not until ONE WEEK FROM TONIGHT.

Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 05:49:29 AM »

TOD:

Too much spinning on rides at King's Island.....twice.  Miserable experiences.....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 06:02:59 AM »

My lines will continue to be worked on today.....my first hour at the rehearsal is scheduled for 6:39 p.m.  I rehearse my scenes until 8:50 p.m.  I will be going early just in case the director gets ahead of himself.

He is blocking the ENTIRE play today - we lost 5 days because of the weather, and he has been in Portugal since Tuesday....so here we go.

Our first performance is not until ONE WEEK FROM TONIGHT.

Pray for Rosemary's Baby.
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes for our DR JRand63! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:05:17 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 06:06:06 AM »

Further regurgitation of the TOD:

Gastrointestinal adventures other than those caused by food poisoning include:  (1) the aftereffects of childhood amusement park rides that will NEVER be repeated so long as I shall live; (2) seasickness on sail boats -- the first on an afternoon sail out of Marina del Rey in the late '70s, the second on my first night and day out on an extended in 1980.  (Following that second one, I actually got my sea legs and was able to enjoy a fair bit sailing over the next several weeks, but after that I was done.  D-U-N.  No more of that stuff for me, ever again.)  (3) Car sickness as a kid, riding in the back seat through mountainous regions on family trips -- or later in life, attempting to read in the car.  Oy!

ChasSmith

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 06:07:54 AM »

I guess one should include one's childhood attack of appendicitis as a major gastrointestinal event.  My, that was a bad one.  Been glad ever since to be rid of that thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up