Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 42  (Read 7985 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 42
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »

I've done five pages and just ended the penultimate chapter.  I'll begin the final chapter in a little while.  Knowing me, this may turn into a real marathon writing day and I may just go until I finish, probably seventeen pages to go - if not, definitely tomorrow.  Happily, the hard part's done - I added a couple of things, one of which made me laugh really hard, and one of which I found very touching. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »

Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »

Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.

I second that, especially when what I'm laughing about is something stupid/dumb that I should "know better" or something I've seen or heard many times, yet I can't stop laughing, such as "There ain't no sanity clause", etc.  It's even more enjoyable when the laughter comes about unannounced and you find yourself in the midst of it.
Aunt Esther: I have the spirit of Christmas . . .
Fred Sanford: . . . and the face of Halloween!

A house divided by itself, falls down.
-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2014, 02:21:34 PM »

Here's my DC Minny making me laugh; he really loves his treats!:

-- Edith Baines Bunker

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2014, 02:24:45 PM »

I have a cat, Ebonie (she's solid black), who loves those Temptations treats, too!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2014, 02:41:44 PM »

I have a cat, Ebonie (she's solid black), who loves those Temptations treats, too!

When I get home from grocery shopping, Minny either knows there are treats in the bag or maybe he even smells them, but he gets very rambunctious until he gets a couple to snack on!

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2014, 02:58:48 PM »

DR Vixmom I love the pics, especially the one of you and Vixdad in front of the fish.

Jane

« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2014, 02:59:18 PM »

DR Singdaw I enjoyed reading about your weekend.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2014, 03:06:34 PM »

So is anyone going to watch the debate between Bill Nye, the Science Guy and Ken Ham, Creationist?  The official topic of their debate is, "Is creation a viable model of origins in today’s modern, scientific era?"  It'll be available on YouTube for free for a while afterward, or you can pre-order the debate on DVD or digital download.  It starts today at 4:00 PM Pacific time (7:00 PM Eastern).  I'll still be here at work, so I can't, but I'll watch some of it tonight.  I'm sure that it'll be very interesting.

Sorry, DR George! I don't care.  While I believe in - and sometimes think I possess - faith and respect people's religions, I think that the people supporting creationism over scientific evidence are both morons and white supremist bigots, to believe that "God's word" in the traditional Bible is true, accurate, and definite over the beliefs of other religions and cultures.  To me there's no debate; it's man of education arguing with a fool.

If my statements here have offended anyone, I do apologize, but I greatly resent this theory of creation becoming a part of the  curriculum, and this is another reason why I support any races that will educate the ignorant and misinformed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2014, 03:06:37 PM »

Done around nine pages so far.  Part of me wants to get my car back tonight, and part of me wants to not drive back to Glendale, but hopefully the traffic will be lighter by six-fifteen, which is when I'd have to leave. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2014, 03:06:55 PM »

Horrible day today, as far as allergies go. They haven't let me have a moment's rest all day. Thankfully, I worked from home.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2014, 03:07:58 PM »

MBarnum, how did your Punjabi version of "The Notebook" end? The book's ending was so horribly bad, I must have laughed for a solid half hour.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »

DR Vixmom and DR Singdaw, I have finally caught up with your posts and enjoyed them all!  I have been trying to make a gluten-free pizza crust in the in-between times.  Some of you may know, gluten-free dough doesn't behave like regular dough and presents a challenge in each step: the mixing/making, rising and par-baking.  But then again, I'm not that conversant in the kitchen, but I do the best I can.

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Jane

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2014, 03:08:52 PM »

DR Dakota it was nice to see you.  I hope you won't stay away so long next time. 

MEGA JOB VIBES!!!!

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2014, 03:10:23 PM »

Done around nine pages so far.  Part of me wants to get my car back tonight, and part of me wants to not drive back to Glendale, but hopefully the traffic will be lighter by six-fifteen, which is when I'd have to leave.

Sending no traffic vibes to you bk }}}}}}}}}

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2014, 03:12:22 PM »

So is anyone going to watch the debate between Bill Nye, the Science Guy and Ken Ham, Creationist?  The official topic of their debate is, "Is creation a viable model of origins in today’s modern, scientific era?"  It'll be available on YouTube for free for a while afterward, or you can pre-order the debate on DVD or digital download.  It starts today at 4:00 PM Pacific time (7:00 PM Eastern).  I'll still be here at work, so I can't, but I'll watch some of it tonight.  I'm sure that it'll be very interesting.

Sorry, DR George! I don't care.  While I believe in - and sometimes think I possess - faith and respect people's religions, I think that the people supporting creationism over scientific evidence are both morons and white supremist bigots, to believe that "God's word" in the traditional Bible is true, accurate, and definite over the beliefs of other religions and cultures.  To me there's no debate; it's man of education arguing with a fool.

If my statements here have offended anyone, I do apologize, but I greatly resent this theory of creation becoming a part of the  curriculum, and this is another reason why I support any races that will educate the ignorant and misinformed.

For many reasons, I have to support my fellow Cornellian, Mr. Nye!

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Jane

« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2014, 03:12:44 PM »

What a wonderful gift, DR Ginny! You can purchase the entire regular edition for under $400. The "heritage" facsimile edition goes for about $60,000, I believe. That is the edition that is on display around the campus and in various libraries that can afford it. It sure is a beauty!

I am glad you explained how nice the gift is.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2014, 03:14:28 PM »

DR Dakota, I forgot to say I hope that horrid woman never has a job where she can torture employees again.  I have known people to work under bosses like that and how very difficult it is.  Unfortunately you were trapped there.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2014, 03:20:35 PM »

And I am home from a good day in many ways and a frustrating one in others. Among the good things: my taxes are finished, I can finish scanning Act Two of the P/C for JUBILEE on Thursday and spend the rest of the day and Friday printing out vocal scores, and I had a lot of fun at the LITTLE ME rehearsal. I sat with Bruce Pomahac, Ted Chapin's daughter Anika, and Rob's assistant on the Steve Martin bluegrass workshop.  The show is going to be wonderful.

Bad: the ridiculous amount of traffic in this City, most of it needless. I spent far too much on taxis today because of too many fools in private cars. If I were dictator, this City would only allow traffic to be public transportation, delivery vehicles, construction vehicles, taxis, and emergency vehicles. It's a pity I'm not.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2014, 03:24:25 PM »

New topic of the day: Have you ever been stranded somewhere because of the weather - if so, where and for how long?

Aside from all the times we were snowbound?  Even then we weren't truly snowbound as we could go for a walk or sledding.

I have been stranded at airports due to rain or snow storms but always got out after 5-7 hours.  If the entire airport is shut down be smart, which I was, and stock up on food before they sell out.  This is especially important if you are traveling with two young children and are vegetarians.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2014, 03:26:37 PM »

The garage door repair man was going to be coming between 4 and 6. Just got a call that there is  crew in the area and they'll be here in about 15 minutes.   Cool. Hope they can fix it

Good thing you stayed home.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »

And feel free to post photos of Dear Cat Minny!!!

Here's a photo of Minny The Cat after he decided to end a book report.

Awwww.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2014, 03:29:05 PM »

I am sure that must not be Minny's best side.

;D  But it is still sweet.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2014, 03:29:58 PM »

No snow yet.

The more I think about the link that DR DAKOTA CELT posted, the more upset I get.  And now this woman is STILL a university employee, gets an office, gets nearly $300,000 in compensation over the next two years AND gets a "glowing" recommendation from people who want her GONE....

She knows how to use the system for sure.  I think if the university really cared, they would hang to the cost and let her take them to court.  She is obviously in the wrong.

I agree and I remember they weren't very supportive of DR Dakota.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2014, 03:31:08 PM »

Minny says it is done!

Here's Minny when he's concluded his cat inspection duties and getting ready to settle into his favorite chair:

Thank you for the close up of your beautiful Minny.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2014, 03:31:49 PM »

New topic of the day: Have you ever been stranded somewhere because of the weather - if so, where and for how long?

Does my 64-hour captivity in a Holiday Inn in Atlanta last week count?

I think so.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2014, 03:34:43 PM »

:D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »

No snow yet.

The more I think about the link that DR DAKOTA CELT posted, the more upset I get.  And now this woman is STILL a university employee, gets an office, gets nearly $300,000 in compensation over the next two years AND gets a "glowing" recommendation from people who want her GONE....

She knows how to use the system for sure.  I think if the university really cared, they would hang to the cost and let her take them to court.  She is obviously in the wrong.

You are so right, DR JRand63! Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth; well, really! Who wants it after you've been forced to eat it by the little foxes?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:04:24 PM by elmore3003 »

FJL

« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2014, 03:52:03 PM »

As Carly Rae Jepsen goes on in CINDERELLA, I think this is a repeat - but here are the Muppets and Cookie Monster doing SHARE IT MAYBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTIGg3I5y8

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2014, 03:55:31 PM »

It will be interesting to see if viewers are upset.

Sadly, I don't think the majority will know or notice the difference.

I disagree. They always made a big deal about having a live band.  I think people will notice. I don't know if they will be super mad. But I think most will notice.

I will notice and I don't like it one bit
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up