Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 42  (Read 7982 times)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 42
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 07:03:11 AM »

TWO!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 07:21:31 AM »

What a wonderful gift, DR Ginny! You can purchase the entire regular edition for under $400. The "heritage" facsimile edition goes for about $60,000, I believe. That is the edition that is on display around the campus and in various libraries that can afford it. It sure is a beauty!

Richard received the "regular" editions, which are still quite exquisite!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 07:36:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: REFULGENCE!

And The Song Of The Day Is: ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 07:50:52 AM »

It will be interesting to see if viewers are upset.

Sadly, I don't think the majority will know or notice the difference.

Really?  I'd think it will be all-too-obvious since the band is always playing near the dance floor.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2014, 08:10:18 AM »

My taxes are finished, and for the first time in at least twenty years, I do not owe the State or the US Treasury anything! Of course, if i'd worked between September and December things might have changed!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 08:24:36 AM »

Happy "owe-nothing to State and Feds" vibes to DR Elmoore!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 08:24:51 AM »

DR SINGDAW I enjoyed reading about your weekend retreat. 
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 08:37:36 AM »

So, I woke up feeling a little under the weather, then two of the cats had a fight (no injuries- but it was escalating beyond play) then the garage door opener totally broke loose from the door and the bracket that attaches to the door was just hanging there. I decided that was a sign that I should stay home today. SO, I went to the office, boxed up some work, called the garage door repair guy, who was just here two weeks ago, and am now resting in my recliner. and .....I'm still waiting for it to snow.

FJL

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 08:48:41 AM »

I hope the day gets better, Cilla. 

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 08:49:31 AM »

My being E and T the last  few days has resulted in my missing a boatload of birthdays...so here is a big happy belated birthday wish to DRs Ben, Iris, Kerry, and Edisaurus!!

Hope all of you have a wonderful birthday!!

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 08:49:57 AM »

And a big welcome to DR Dan M. I think you will like it here!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2014, 08:49:59 AM »

Lord, we already did the topic?  I was so tired last night I couldn't even see straight and apparently didn't.  New topic of the day: What are your favorite songs from Harold Prince shows.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2014, 08:50:05 AM »

Kidding.

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »

And feel free to post photos of Dear Cat Minny!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2014, 08:50:35 AM »

New topic of the day: Have you ever been stranded somewhere because of the weather - if so, where and for how long?

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2014, 09:11:53 AM »

I hope the day gets better, Cilla. 

Thanks FJL. It really isn't that bad of a day, just feel like I"m catching a cold and have a bit of a headache.   The cats have made up.  Ricky and Boo play and it just goes a bit too far sometimes and I need to separate them. It's sounds like someone is being murdered, but that's usually just Boo being dramatic.   The guys will come between 4 and 6 to fix the door.  i had to get a bit indignant to get them to waive the service call fee.  He did install a part and adjust the motor and it broke 2 weeks later.  I can still raise and lower it, I just have to do it by hand

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2014, 09:19:57 AM »

When I was in college I transferred from Kansas to Iowa after my sophomore year.   I drove back to KU to visit one year and on the way back I got stranded in Kearny, Mo. I waited really longer than I should have to pull off the interstate, but there was just no going any farther.   I went from hotel to hotel trying to find a room, but everything was full.....except the Kam Ron Inn.  I had a room, the phone was down the hall, the closet was the pipe coming off the water heater and there were holes in the walls that were covered with duct tape.  But, it was clean, it was warm and dry and it had a TV.  The next morning the show was up to my knees but I was able to get the car out and get on my way.  I did hear on the news that someone was hit by a car on the interstate that night. I was glad I stopped when I did

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2014, 09:20:23 AM »

A couple years ago I was stranded at my parents house for 3 days over Christmas due to snow

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2014, 09:22:59 AM »

When I was in high school I went on a theater trip to London with the American Institute of Foreign Study.  As we left there was a ground crew strike Our flight home was delayed 13 hours and hour at a time.  It was misery.

Cillaliz

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2014, 09:25:52 AM »

My nephew had the scariest.  He was studying in London when 9/11 happened.  So he was 18 or 19 years old and had no idea when he was going to be able to go home.  Some of the people in his group left as soon as the planes started flying, but he stuck it out and was glad he did

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2014, 09:26:42 AM »

New topic of the day: Have you ever been stranded somewhere because of the weather - if so, where and for how long?

I was stranded in a restaurant for 9 hours after the area was hit by an Alberta Clipper.

Back in the 80s, I was on a bus trip with some  fellow forensics people in Fergus Falls after they closed the interstate, We here stuck at a truck stop for two day.

The flood of 1997... Grand Forks was evacuated and we had 25 people in my parents house. It was crowded to say the least.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2014, 09:43:52 AM »

And I am off to City Center!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2014, 09:56:41 AM »

The garage door repair man was going to be coming between 4 and 6. Just got a call that there is  crew in the area and they'll be here in about 15 minutes.   Cool. Hope they can fix it

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2014, 09:58:08 AM »

I have no stranded adventures......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »

I have no stranded adventures......

How about unseemly ones?     :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

ChasSmith

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2014, 10:08:21 AM »

The New, Improved TOD:

I can't remember actually being stranded because of weather, myself.  There have been a couple of delays for other reasons, but the worst of those I can recall (a change of airplanes due to some malfunction) held me up for maybe four hours, causing me to miss a friend's wedding but getting me there for the reception and partying, and that was all fine.

That having been said ... this Sunday's weather forecasts are sounding a little threatening, and I'd like to hope I won't be stranded trying to get back home from City Center!   :)

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2014, 10:08:24 AM »

It will be interesting to see if viewers are upset.

Sadly, I don't think the majority will know or notice the difference.

I disagree. They always made a big deal about having a live band.  I think people will notice. I don't know if they will be super mad. But I think most will notice.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2014, 10:15:22 AM »

Yesterday was 31 years ago that we lost Karen Carpenter.

This makes me sad :(   31 years ago!  I know exactly where I was when I heard. 

Matthew

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2014, 10:15:52 AM »

Oh, and Good Morning

Matthew

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »

Today, we have the singing auditions for our 8th grade musical.  We are doing Dear Edwina which is one of my favorite shows ever.  However, some 8th grade parents don't think so - they think their children have been slighted by doing an off-broadway play instead of a Broadway play.  I heard this through the principal - who is also a friend of mine - and I had to laugh.  If the parents ever want to complain to me, I'll just tell them the truth - the difference between a Broadway show and an Off-Broadway show is basically 500+ more seats in a theatre and a 10+ million dollar budget.  Then, if they don't like that answer, we can go into shows that started off-broadway and then moved to Broadway and won a Tony for best musical.  Notice, there is nothing about the quality of the work here?   I hate parents....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up