Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EXHAUSTED NOTES  (Read 18889 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:THE EXHAUSTED NOTES
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2004, 08:45:53 PM »

I may join a frenzy later on, if necessary. Right now I need to eat some supper, read this morning's paper (I'm running a tad behind) and take a look at SIX FEET UNDER. Although I have to admit that they've lost me these past few weeks. I really don't care at the moment what happens - just watching out of curiosity. I miss THE SOPRANOS!

Panni

« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2004, 08:47:45 PM »

Speaking of DEATH IN VENICE....   And one for Mahler.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2004, 08:49:27 PM »

I'm watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics on NBC and it's quite frustrating!  They (NBC) break away for a commercial or a recap of someone winning a medal and when they come back to the closing ceremonies,  they don't pick up where they left off!  They're not showing the whole thing!  How rude!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2004, 08:50:45 PM »

Who gets to decide what I[/b] want to see?  I'd like to see the whole thing.  Darn them!  Darn them all to heck!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2004, 08:54:34 PM »

I hope so, thank you for the compliment.

Keith slipped my engagement ring on while we were enjoying the beautiful view from the observatory. :D

I hope that he gave the ring back to you.  Actually, I'm surprised it fit him!   ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2004, 08:56:02 PM »

Okay folks here is part one of the list.

Soundtracks.....
Uh, dude, if this is the stuff you've got on order from Amazon, your card is about to get maxed out to the max.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2004, 09:00:25 PM »

Gene Kelly has never turned me on.

Given a choice, I'd have rather spent time with Dan Dailey.

Hey, it could've happened!   :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2004, 09:03:35 PM »

Mark Bakalor had a baby... he's far too mature to chat with us...
Why does this comment remind me of the premise of the Schwartzeneger flick Junior?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2004, 09:12:57 PM »

ON THE FLETCHER FRONT:

The plan, established during dinner, was for me to settle in with Fletcher and Buster in my room, to see how well they get along together at night.

Right now, however, things are not going as planned.  Marty has encamped on my bed, and while Fletcher is sticking close to me (I don't know why, he's just decided to make me his starting point into the family, I guess), Buster is...I don't know where.

And we all need to wussburger soon, because der Brucer and I have ladsitting to do tomorrow, and need to get up early.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a long night.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2004, 09:14:43 PM »

On the dinner front, I'm getting better at fried tomatoes.

A simple dusting with corn meal and frying in a little butter does it.  Slicing the tomatoes thinly helps.

They go great with steaks.  (Sorry, Jane.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2004, 09:26:56 PM »

Wussburgering out.  Someone else can take over the frenzy.  (Alfred H. can make a cameo appearance, perhaps?)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2004, 09:36:30 PM »

Nada to report here, really.  Went clothes shopping, then went to an impromptu pool party at a friend's house.  I didn't have a watch on, and when it began to get dark, I got up to take my leave.  I thought it was after eight o'clock.  I was shocked when I got into my car and the clock said it was just 7:15.  Good Gawd, where has the summer gone already?

The Olympic closing ceremonies were very nice, but as DR George said, there was a commercial every minute.  And it was also evident that NBC didn't think that its U.S.A. audience wouldn't be interested in hearing the Greek popular singers with any clarity as Bob Costas kept yammering thru it all.  

There's a full moon shining thru my bedroom window tonight.  It seems like she's hanging around for some reason or another.  Maybe I'll keep the shades up and see what happens...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2004, 09:37:23 PM »

TCB--congrats on getting scrooged!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2004, 09:38:48 PM »

I've been switching back and forth between NBC and CBC and the Canadian station is about 30-40 minutes ahead of what's being broadcast on NBC.  If I'd have known, I'd would've taped CBC.  Oh, well.  Maybe the opening and closing ceremonies will be released on DVD...without ANY commentaries.

George

« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2004, 09:39:09 PM »

One can hope! :)

George

« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2004, 09:40:01 PM »

This post ties the Lowest Post Day post!

George

« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2004, 09:40:19 PM »

And one for the Olympian Athletes!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 09:40:48 PM by George »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2004, 09:56:37 PM »

Thank you, Dan (the Man), and all other Hainses who mentioned it for the congratulations on getting or being SCROOGED.  I can still remember sitting in my room when I was young(er) listening to the record of SCROOGE, and dreaming of the day that I would be able to play that role and to sing that wonderful score.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2004, 11:08:24 PM »

At least "that" number has been reached and I can now relax. No news to add. Good to see TCB managed to post tonight. We miss you my friend.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2004, 11:31:51 PM »

Good that I wasn't needed for the frenzy. I don't know what happened. I was watching TV and fell asleep - but not just asleep, more like unconscious. I was totally out. Dead to the world. Gone. And I'm usually a very light sleeper - so this was quite strange. Then... the  phone RANG and I answered it on autopilot, sounding quite awake, but barely knowing where the hell I was. I realize that in the right hands this could be the stuff of high comedy -- hijinks and cute misunderstandings. None of that happened. Life is sometimes not an episode of Lucy. Skammen.
Anyway, I'm wide awake now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2004, 11:39:59 PM »

Hopefully I'll get the notes up on time - Adelphia is spazzing out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up