Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FIGHTING THE GUCK  (Read 17500 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FIGHTING THE GUCK
« on: May 10, 2014, 12:03:19 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes fought the guck, and now it is time for you to post until the guck-ridden cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: FIGHTING THE GUCK
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 12:04:33 AM »

And the word of the day is: RETINUE!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 12:17:07 AM »

First post after BK!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 12:18:09 AM »

First post after TCB!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 12:18:53 AM »

First"............

Oh, never mind.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 02:07:25 AM »

Well, last night we had a good performance of "Chamber Music."  After the show, we had a cast party at the space and it was a LOT of fun.  I don't drink and didn't dance much, but much dirt was dished (discreetly, of course)! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 02:11:03 AM »

Today is going to be a day.  A couple of weeks ago, I saw the new musical version of "A Room With a View" at the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle and they had to stop the show TWICE!  I was given the chance to see it again for FREE(!) and I took it!  However, my sister and her boyfriend who went before can't today, and my mom doesn't want to go again.  So, a couple of friends and I are going.  I did get four free tickets, and we're only going to use three, so I'll probably just give one away at the theater...we'll see what happens.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 02:13:07 AM »

We do have to be back in time for tonight's last two performances of "Chamber Music."  Christian, our stage manager and friend of TCB's, said that as long as I get back for the second show at 10:00 pm, all will be good.  We should be back in time for the first show at 8:00 pm, though.  I don't think that either of my friends expects to go out tomorrow.  But again, we'll see what happens.

George

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 02:15:47 AM »

And now, I'm off to bed, perchance to get up in time to get some gas before we leave for Seattle.  I don't know who's going to drive, but I need to be ready just in case I have to.

George

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 02:17:06 AM »

I'm sure that I won't be back until Sunday morning, so...Have a Good Day, All! :D

Ben

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 03:10:44 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Michael

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 04:03:11 AM »

good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 04:03:50 AM »

vibes to everyone and everything that need them
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 04:04:56 AM »

Today is going to be a day.  A couple of weeks ago, I saw the new musical version of "A Room With a View" at the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle and they had to stop the show TWICE!  I was given the chance to see it again for FREE(!) and I took it!  However, my sister and her boyfriend who went before can't today, and my mom doesn't want to go again.  So, a couple of friends and I are going.  I did get four free tickets, and we're only going to use three, so I'll probably just give one away at the theater...we'll see what happens.

stop the show in a good way

or

because of "Technical Difficulties"
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 04:07:14 AM »

Last night I posted

Late Night Trivia Question

What do all the movies have in common. (Something very specific)

Greetings
Henry and June
The Split
The Flamingo Kid
Georgy Girl

I will give the answer later today so other people can try their hand at it.
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 04:25:16 AM »

Mike's avatar reminds of a young Donny Osmond (and that's a really good thing, I think!)

FJL

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2014, 04:27:52 AM »

Excellent point last night about how Encores rewrites the books, BK.   Their point has tended to be about the scores, which seems to have remained consistent.

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 04:28:06 AM »

DR Cillaliz that is good that you found a solution for everyone involved.  My only problem with the situation is that your brother said it was fine and then 2 days before changed his mind.  IMO if he commits to your idea then it is unfair to you to want to change it last minute.  He should have discussed it with his family at the time to let you know.

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2014, 04:28:40 AM »

For some reason I am feeling nervous. It is my niece's semi-finals swim meet this morning.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2014, 04:39:25 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept quite nicely, and I've been out of bed for about 45 minutes. I foolishly forgot yesterday that I needed to do laundry so I began that around 30 minutes ago.

And it's time to move things to the dryers.

And more coffee!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2014, 04:56:41 AM »

I'm listening to the revival of Finian's Rainbow, which I haven't listened to in a couple of years. I loved working on the production, and I wish it had had a better run. I still blame marketing for this one's closing.  I had forgotten how good the recording is.

So, today I will board a bus around 11 and head down to 57th Street. I'm meeting a friend for lunch at the Brooklyn Diner before he and I had to the Encores! matinee. I'll watch it from backstage, stsay for the talkback, and see Rob and his parents, exchange work with him and visit with his fantastic parents. Then, I come home, and maybe I can finally watch Philomena, a Netflix disc I've been ignoring for several weeks.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2014, 05:02:49 AM »

What is it about aging that seems to bring out so many sibling issues that one never knew existed?  Much as I love my brother Randy, he's currently in the doghouse with the Macbeths over my dad's property. As to the Macbeths, they're dead meat. Yet thirty years ago I would never have expected to discover how much Macbeth disliked me. I certainly never had issues with him.

DR cillaliz, I think your solution for Mother's Day is a very clever one. Have fun today.

DR George, don't forget a program for me!

ChasSmith

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2014, 05:09:52 AM »

Good morning, all.

Probably could have used not one, but a couple more hours of sleep.  But couldn't do it because tomorrow morning I have to be up to leave for Ohio at dawn's crack, and must be tired enough to get my sleep tonight.

Coffee!!

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 05:13:46 AM »

Last night a friend had about ten people over for a sort of wine and cheese party and a showing of the movie SIDEWAYS which I had seen a couple of times but not in several years.  I was very good about the amount of food and drink I took in, and the movie was very enjoyable.

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 05:17:09 AM »

Today, a bit of housecleaning, and getting completely packed and having the car completely ready to go.  I'd like to be out of here at six in the a.m. Sunday morning.  I'll be traveling on Mother's Day. which is also my dad's 89th birthday.  It would be nice to have been there on that day instead of traveling on it, but other things prevented it.  We'll be doing his birthday dinner on Monday.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2014, 06:24:30 AM »

And the word of the day is: RETINUE!

And The Song Of The Day Is: WINTERGREEN FOR PRESIDENT

Laura

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 06:33:35 AM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 06:38:41 AM »

And the laundry is finished!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 06:40:13 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Good Health & Good Weekend Vibes to one and all!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChasSmith

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 06:47:03 AM »

Let's see if we can get our collective arse off this page.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up