Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: AUNTIE MEME  (Read 10164 times)

Ginny

Re: AUNTIE MEME
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 07:40:13 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  I was awake at 5am, worrying about my mother.  Not productive, I know.  Got up and read for a while, then went back to sleep in the recliner in my Momcave until about 8:30.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 07:40:38 AM »

Oh, at least I got us to Page 2!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 08:02:29 AM »

Good morning, all.

Good to see you, DR Charles Pogue.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 08:03:08 AM »

TOD:

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »

My first community theatre production here in Middletown was Auntie Meame.  The best part of that experience was meeting DR Elmore!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 08:27:39 AM »

My first community theatre production here in Middletown was Auntie Meame.  The best part of that experience was meeting DR Elmore!

We had already met at the MU library. You congratulated me on PIRATES OF PENZANCE, as I recall. The less remembered abut Auntie Mame, the better. Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »

And I'm sorry, DR John G, but I do not understand this Facebook mania to post photos of your last meal if you are not doing a shoot for a food magazine or auditioning for a wrung in haute cuisine.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 08:35:44 AM »

We had already met at the MU library. You congratulated me on PIRATES OF PENZANCE, as I recall. The less remembered abut Auntie Mame, the better. Oy!

Ah, yes, I remember now!  I should have said the best part about Auntie Mame was getting to know DR Elmore.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:38:11 AM by Ginny »

John G.

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »

And I'm sorry, DR John G, but I do not understand this Facebook mania to post photos of your last meal if you are not doing a shoot for a food magazine or auditioning for a wrung in haute cuisine.

I don't either, honestly, and wrote a column touching somewhat on the subject this week.

http://www.savorsa.com/2014/07/griffin-to-go-are-too-many-diners-expecting-the-moon-these-days/

But I don't understand much of the world today.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 09:05:39 AM »

Ah, yes, I remember now!  I should have said the best part about Auntie Mame was getting to know DR Elmore.

You were my favorite librarian! I loved to go to the library.

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 09:07:25 AM »

DR Elmore, you would not recognize the MUM library now.  They've done a great job transitioning it to a 21st century learning center, but it sure looks different without so many books and other print materials.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 09:42:29 AM »

What happened to DR ChasSmith's Nibelung reference?

ChasSmith

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 09:49:47 AM »

Ha!  Sorry!  I took it off because his brother is who I was referring to!

ChasSmith

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2014, 09:50:50 AM »

More coffee!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2014, 10:13:16 AM »

I think I'm up and I think I got just eight hours of sleep exactly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 10:13:34 AM »

And you won't believe what happens next.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 10:48:52 AM »

Listening to Ormandy's rather breathtakingly beautiful reading of Respighi's Pines of Rome - that disc also includes Fountains of Rome and Roman Festivals - according to the original jacket it was, at the time of release, the first LP to include all three pieces on one LP.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »

I am utterly baffled by people photographing their meals.  What's next?  Pictures of their bowel movements?  It seems the logical step.  The before and after pictures.

John G.

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2014, 10:55:32 AM »

I am utterly baffled by people photographing their meals.  What's next?  Pictures of their bowel movements?  It seems the logical step.  The before and after pictures.

Which Bunuel movie was it in which the family gathered together for community bowel movements on their toilets but they ate in private because the act of eating as too disgusting to be done together?
― Voltaire

ryacko

• Fancy an awkward pause?
    • Robert Yacko's dot com
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2014, 11:01:53 AM »

Just in the last 2 days I saw the return of another incredibly annoying and ongoing meme - the one that begins, "No one reads my page, so this is a test...". It's the 'Poor me, no one is paying attention to me' meme. Oy to the OYth power!

I stop reading right there. I won't comment on their meme post, as that would only get me more annoyed when I get notices that others have as well. What I want to say is, "No one reads your page because you post this kind of thing too often. And now that I see this, I won't be reading your page... ever again."  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2014, 11:05:39 AM »

Which Bunuel movie was it in which the family gathered together for community bowel movements on their toilets but they ate in private because the act of eating as too disgusting to be done together?

Was it The Discreet Charm of the Bourgoisie?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2014, 11:57:42 AM »

Very nice comfortable weather around these here parts today.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2014, 12:00:25 PM »

Margot Adler

a phenomenal and endlessly interesting correspondent for NPR has died.

Ben

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2014, 12:00:47 PM »

It's only 79 here but it's muggy.

VinTek

• Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2014, 12:16:31 PM »

I am utterly baffled by people photographing their meals.
Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets, then teams up with 3 complete strangers to kill again
- Marin County newspaper listing for The Wizard of Oz

ChasSmith

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

This has been a Monday and a half.  Is it almost over?  Is it cocktail hour yet?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:45:42 PM by ChasSmith »

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »

I like book memes (of which there are a lot).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2014, 12:50:26 PM »

Just in the last 2 days I saw the return of another incredibly annoying and ongoing meme - the one that begins, "No one reads my page, so this is a test...". It's the 'Poor me, no one is paying attention to me' meme. Oy to the OYth power!

I stop reading right there. I won't comment on their meme post, as that would only get me more annoyed when I get notices that others have as well. What I want to say is, "No one reads your page because you post this kind of thing too often. And now that I see this, I won't be reading your page... ever again."  ;)

What gets me is that otherwise (or, rather, "seemingly") sane people post something that says they need to whittle down their list of friends, so post one word telling where you met this individual and then "share" it to your list where, ostensibly, the original poster will find it?  Otherwise, you'll be deleted from their list of friends.

PLEASE!  It's the same thing as a chain letter.

I don't play that kind of game.  If my posts are offensive, delete me.  If my posts are boring you, block me.  Do anything but require me to play some ridiculous game.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2014, 12:53:22 PM »

I am listening to Shostakovich Symphony 1 with Ormandy conducting - not sure I've ever heard it before.  I do have an entire box of the Shostokovich symphonies, all the Columbia recordings, so maybe it's time to pop that box open.

Today, I shall continue listening to my "Ring Der Nibelungen" box set with "Die Walküre."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2014, 12:53:59 PM »

Here is evidence of last night's doggie play date.  That is Cooper on the left, and my Zach on the right.  They got along just famously!!

So cute!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up