Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ITSY BITSY SPIDER IN A YELLOW POLKA-DOT BIKINI  (Read 5183 times)

MBarnum

Re: ITSY BITSY SPIDER IN A YELLOW POLKA-DOT BIKINI
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2014, 09:07:50 AM »

Glad you enjoyed "Hundred-Foot Journey," MBarnum. I may go see it again soon.

You will love it, DR John.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2014, 09:10:45 AM »

DR Vixmom, better late then never!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2014, 09:15:28 AM »

I have been on the phone for nearly an hour with Time-Warner; several weeks ago, I noticed that my wi-fy account had been changed. I thought it might have been something that had occurred in other end and, since I look for issues to prevent starting a grisly job, I decided to deal with all of my TW issues. All is now happily resolved and I have my Wi-fy account back up and running and the interloping Wi-fy, which must be somewhere in the building, is locked out. Hopefully, no more slow connections.

Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2014, 09:19:21 AM »

I need to keep up on news a little better than this, but Licia Albanese passed away on Friday at age 105.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2014, 09:40:42 AM »

The Minnesota State Fair commences in a few days. It is apparently a smorgasbord of food and festivities.  Including this: a llama costume parade.

I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2014, 09:41:16 AM »

Just had to share.       :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2014, 09:42:56 AM »

In other news, I am thinking that making this birthday cake might take a bit of extra effort:

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2014, 09:57:15 AM »

10 of my book titles are currently on a Kindle Countdown Deal.

That means that you can buy a download of these titles today for only 99 cents each. Tomorrow, the price goes up, and it keeps going up every day or two for a week until the titles are back to their regular retail price of $5.00 each.

So, if you are interested in owning any of these books on Kindle, now is the time to take advantage of this special offer.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF AMAZON PRIME TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS DEAL.

The titles are:

CHARLA
THE AMUSEMENT
BARRY & THE BIMBO
RIDE ALONG
SHADOW WATCHER
(novel)
MATRICIDE
UNCLE LOUIE
PUTZ
(stage play)
THE SUMMER FOLK
BLACK WATCH/THE CAVERN

Happy reading.
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2014, 10:08:23 AM »

I went back to sleep around six-thirty so I guess I got a little over four hours of sleep - I'm going to have to get more at some point today.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2014, 10:15:07 AM »

CD has been ordered!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2014, 10:23:12 AM »

And the word of the day is: PRESENTIMENT!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  THE BEST IS YET TO COME

George

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2014, 10:23:20 AM »

That's bad timing about your date on Wednesday, DR George - with the invoicing deadline, I mean.

I know!  And last month, we had two, count 'em TWO, field trips during the cut-off week.  At least this time, I'm not gone whole days.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2014, 10:46:08 AM »

DR> ELMOORE

Did you ever find a solution to the missing cd covers that used to appear in the lower left corner in ITunes? I also noticed it disappeared and tried to see if I could return them without any success.

I think it was dropped in a recent update. I hate not having them there.

What I mostly hate about the iTunes updates is that songs are re-genred.  I have complete cast recordings where for some reason, some of the tracks are marked as "soundtrack," some are "soundtracks," and some are "musical."  So, I change them all to "musical," but every time I update iTunes, they're back to the old genres.  AND there are some that are marked as "musical," but after I update, they're moved to my "soundtrack" or "soundtracks" section lists, but actually have "musical" as the genre!  WTF??

Ben

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2014, 10:46:25 AM »

We are in Ohio again on our way back to New York from Michigan. We will probably be back in NYC on Wednesday. We're stopping an extra day, tomorrow, in Pennsylvania to break up the drive.

We're in Richfield again, same hotel, different room.

George

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2014, 10:47:13 AM »

DR George I knew that you liked to start work late but for some reason I was not thinking 11am. That is late!  Even 10am seems late to me. Hopefully you will get used to it.

Thanks, Jennifer.  I will...I have no choice. ::)

Today I actually got in at 9:30.  I still haven't seen my supervisor, nor have I seen our new selector.  I've been told that they're both here.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2014, 10:50:30 AM »

We are in Ohio again on our way back to New York from Michigan. We will probably be back in NYC on Wednesday. We're stopping an extra day, tomorrow, in Pennsylvania to break up the drive.

We're in Richfield again, same hotel, different room.

I ask because, as I clear out space, I have some DVDs, possibly some CDs, too, that you might like. Perhaps this weekend, you and Anthony might want to cme to Toyland or to my apartment and play Christmas in August.  I have an LP to CD transfer job for him at Toyland.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2014, 10:55:44 AM »

I'll let Anthony know. We are stopping in the city for one night only because we have the car. We will park in front of the building, unload and then spend the night and the next morning we have to drive off to Long Island to return the car. We have to leave by 8am because of NYC parking regulations. We were planning on staying on LI until Sunday. We will connect though. I would love to come over and look through the CDs you brought back from Toyland.

Ben

« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »

As we drove on the Ohio Turnpike this morning (and last Thursday) we passed the exit for a lovely town called

I tried to take a picture of the exit on the highway but it didn't turn out. We didn't stop in Elmore, we just drove past the exit. Here is evidence that Ohio loves Larry Moore so much that they named a town after him!!!

Ben

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2014, 10:57:58 AM »

I don't know that I would want to go through life with the name Krumnow.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2014, 11:00:41 AM »

As we drove on the Ohio Turnpike this morning (and last Thursday) we passed the exit for a lovely town called

I tried to take a picture of the exit on the highway but it didn't turn out. We didn't stop in Elmore, we just drove past the exit. Here is evidence that Ohio loves Larry Moore so much that they named a town after him!!!

Ah, yes!  The old family estate we lost after they burned Atlanta.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »

DR> ELMOORE

Did you ever find a solution to the missing cd covers that used to appear in the lower left corner in ITunes? I also noticed it disappeared and tried to see if I could return them without any success.

What I mostly hate about the iTunes updates is that songs are re-genred.  I have complete cast recordings where for some reason, some of the tracks are marked as "soundtrack," some are "soundtracks," and some are "musical."  So, I change them all to "musical," but every time I update iTunes, they're back to the old genres.  AND there are some that are marked as "musical," but after I update, they're moved to my "soundtrack" or "soundtracks" section lists, but actually have "musical" as the genre!  WTF??

DR George, the link that DR JRand63 posted helped me a lot. What is not good about this new iTunes system is that you cannot download your own artwork for OP or noncommercial CDs that aren't sold as iTunes or Amazon downloads. So . . . I cannot get artwork  for my final mixes of ROBERTA , but when the album is released, I'll be able to.

George

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »

DR> ELMOORE

DR George, the link that DR JRand63 posted helped me a lot. What is not good about this new iTunes system is that you cannot download your own artwork for OP or noncommercial CDs that aren't sold as iTunes or Amazon downloads. So . . . I cannot get artwork  for my final mixes of ROBERTA , but when the album is released, I'll be able to.

If you can find an image from another source on-line, you can add it manually.  On my PC, I can right-click on an image and click "copy," then go into "Get Info" (I think that's what it's called...where you can edit all the information of a song) and there's an Image tab.  Just paste the image and click "Okay."  I'm not at my computer at home, so I hope that I'm remembering things correctly.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »

DR> ELMOORE

It's iTunes' way or nobody's. That's just one reason why I hate dealing with it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2014, 11:17:28 AM »

DR> ELMOORE

If you can find an image from another source on-line, you can add it manually.  On my PC, I can right-click on an image and click "copy," then go into "Get Info" (I think that's what it's called...where you can edit all the information of a song) and there's an Image tab.  Just paste the image and click "Okay."  I'm not at my computer at home, so I hope that I'm remembering things correctly.

I will try that and see if i can get it to work.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2014, 11:30:49 AM »

If I right click on a song title, I get a screen on which one option is "get album artwork."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:36:04 AM by elmore3003 »

George

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2014, 11:56:18 AM »

On Saturday it was the Finals for summer swimming. 25+ pools from most of Montreal sent the top qualifying swimmers.  My niece was in the first race and we were all pretty nervous.  The girl who she beat by a hair in the winter finals was swimming against her (and that girl had a qualifying time that was much better than anything my niece had swam this season).  It was a very exciting race and they both touched at the same time. So we had no idea who won.

It turns out my niece won with her best time by far 17.28 (for 25 meters). The other girl swam 17.45.  My nieces best time this year had been 17.88.  She was so happy when she saw the results.

Her relay also came in first. So it was a really good day even though it was rainy and drizzling for much of the meet.

Congrats to your niece, Jennifer!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2014, 12:00:35 PM »

Continued travel vibes for DR BEN.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2014, 12:01:42 PM »

A lobster llama!!!  Only on HHW!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2014, 12:03:50 PM »

Went with friends yesterday to see ONE HUNDRED FOOT JOURNEY....it was magnificent! Very funny and very touching. Om Puri deserves a award for his performance!!

My friend Pat laughed so hard at one point, he hurt himself! LOL!

I really want to see this. :)

George

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »

And Happy Birthday to (former?) DR jhvw, who is current DR Cillaliz current nephew!! ;D

Current nephew? Lol, I think he always has been and always will be my nephew, lol

Maybe DR George thought they were on rotation.

Well he is a twin so maybe there's something to that

Umm...yeah...that must've been what I was thinking.

;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up