Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NIGHTMARE THEATRE  (Read 4966 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: NIGHTMARE THEATRE
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2014, 08:53:33 AM »

DR JRand64, this will be a performance for the anecdotes! You will be part of a legendary community theatre performance. DR Ginny and I were in a turkey production of Auntie Mame where the drnks caught everything on fire.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2014, 08:54:07 AM »

!!  2  !!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2014, 09:04:25 AM »

DR JRand64, this will be a performance for the anecdotes! You will be part of a legendary community theatre performance. DR Ginny and I were in a turkey production of Auntie Mame where the drnks caught everything on fire.

Ah, yes, DR Elmore, that was my other "nightmare" choice!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2014, 09:11:51 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the Bewitched thing, then some food, then some packages, then home.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2014, 09:16:50 AM »

DR ChasSmith, I can't tell from your posts how the show actually went last night with the audience, but I share your relief that it is now up and running.

Quite right.  I'm happy to say it went superbly with both the preview and first night audiences.

FJL

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2014, 09:19:55 AM »

Recovery vibes and closing-night show vibes to the cast of Man Who came to Dinner.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2014, 09:59:09 AM »

DR Vixmom I was pleasantly surprised to read the excellent ending to your cell phone saga.

Jane

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2014, 09:59:40 AM »

From DR Cilla:

I love you Mom stories ;D

BwayAnge

• Where ever you go, there you are!
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2014, 09:59:45 AM »

Good Morning!  er Good Afternoon to those on the right coast! :D

BwayAnge

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2014, 10:00:56 AM »

Thanks for sharing the picture of your mom and you, BwayAnge, and {{{hugs}}}.

Thanks for the Hugs!

Jane

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2014, 10:01:51 AM »

DR BwayAnge I like the photo of you and your dear mother.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2014, 10:02:46 AM »

I think I have received a Java upgrade notice but I have ignored it because Keith wasn't around to ask him about it.

BwayAnge

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2014, 10:03:31 AM »

TOD - our local hospital used to do a fundraising revue called High Fever Follies.  I went only once, with DR Elmore, and it was so awful.  The "dance of the 7 veils" performed to FEELINGS just about did us in.

Sorry, but the thought of FEELINGS -- cracked me up!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2014, 10:05:09 AM »

What is it with people and mixed signals?

Today I got a FB birthday greeting and friend request from my goddaughter's mother, who for the past three years has been "far too busy" to have coffee with me to discuss my feelings of alienation and hostility since 2011.  Mr Raines has been telling people that I dropped them, but that's so completely false, I don't know how to handle that accusation.

I hate this shit.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2014, 10:06:55 AM »

On a more positive note, I have a taker for my two filing cabinets I'm tossing on Tuesday.  They will move across the hall to my neighbor John's apartment. It saves me the effort of dragging them to the street to dump them.

BwayAnge

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2014, 10:07:27 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the Bewitched thing, then some food, then some packages, then home.

Have fun at the Bewitched thing -- still wanting to hear tales of the character Mrs. Kravitz or the actresses who portrayed her.  I believe there were two of them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2014, 10:15:42 AM »

I've had lots of Java updates over time.   I've had some my antivirus said were viruses and some it said wasn't

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2014, 10:17:44 AM »

Tonight might be one of the performances that MR BK is asking about in the notes for TOD....we shall see.

Thanks to DR GINNY and DR ELMORE and DR FJL....I am sure we will all survive...and yes DR ELMORE....an anecdote for sure.

The last time we did this show....the leading actor just fell apart during one performance, and we only got to do the first two acts....although he returned the next two nights and he was fine.

I think THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER is a cursed show for our particular theatre group.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »

Hmm TOD:  One of the touring shows of RENT that came through here was awful - and I liked the original RENT.  I've been in shows where all sorts of things went wrong and I'm sure the audience felt they were awful... Like our community theater production of The Music Man, and The Mouse That Roared in high school where a couple of the actors got locked out when they stepped out while waiting several scenes for their entrance and suddenly they weren't there for their lines......ok, I was one of them.....it was terrible 

Cillaliz

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2014, 10:24:51 AM »

Vibes for a surprisingly good show DR JRand.....   No matter what, have fun!

BwayAnge

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2014, 10:26:11 AM »

DR BwayAnge I like the photo of you and your dear mother.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

Since Mom has been gone, there have been so many instances when I feel she has given me a "hug" from above.  No, I'm no a nutjob!  Here's an example:

A year after Mom passed -- some friends wanted to go to NYC.  As I was researching for the best hotel rates, I came across the following photo and see folks walking in a cross walk.  I'm like -- OMG -- it's Me and Mom -- she's in the greenish jacket on the right and I'm following in the light blue jacket.

Talk about goose bumps.  The B&B was called the Broadway Inn, but it's no longer around.   :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:29:09 AM by BwayAnge »

BwayAnge

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2014, 10:30:59 AM »

this is too funny, but may I ask -- where they drunks or drinks?  LOL

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2014, 10:36:03 AM »

Thanks for sharing the photo of you and your mom, BwyAnge

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2014, 10:38:06 AM »

DR Laura I've been seeing monarchs a lot in the past week or two.  That's about a month later than the usual migration through this area.   Haven't seen great numbers together, but have seen them almost every day this past week

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2014, 10:39:39 AM »

Thanks DR CILLA LIZ....I am sure it will be even more fun.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2014, 10:42:24 AM »

That's awesome, Cillaliz. I haven't seen one in my yard yet, but I know there are some around.

Last Saturday I took Wae-Ling to southeastern Arizona to a tagging event, and she picked them off the flowers and tagged them. She tagged more than anyone else.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2014, 10:42:45 AM »

John G., your description of the opera is hilarious.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2014, 10:44:43 AM »

I had a stay-at-home day yesterday. I felt lazy all day. So this morning I got up and went hiking. I feel better.
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

BwayAnge

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2014, 10:45:57 AM »

OY, TOD -- didn't have to think that very far back.  The last musical I saw in Los Angeles was the Book of Mormon at the Pantages.  I guess it may be my faith and upbringing -- but one song made me very upset.  I couldn't believe their usage of the "F word" and God!  Plus I was offended by some of the men's costumes, but that's besides the point.

After the show, I met some friends for dinner and we discussed the show.  The first thing they said, didn't you know ahead of time -- the show was created by the guys from South Park.  In my defense, I never watched South Park.  I usually do a little research before buying show tickets, but I knew it won the Tony for Best Musical -- how bad could it be?  My dining companions proceeded to tell me that they never saw the show for the same reason.

I loved the rest of the musical numbers.  But I have to ask -- does the dislike of one song -- ruin the rest of the performance?

BwayAnge

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2014, 10:47:17 AM »

Thanks for sharing the photo of you and your mom, BwyAnge

Thanks DR Cillaliz -- BTW, love your Avatar!  Go Minions!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up