Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PAPER TIME MACHINE  (Read 5607 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: THE PAPER TIME MACHINE
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »

Okay, people, no cracks about DR Elmore's elevator not going all the way up...

Or about going down on the dumbwaiter, either.

I'm shocked, DR scrimshaw, shocked.

Certainly nothing like the latter.

Waiters are NOT dumb.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 09:37:00 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 09:45:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: RAPIER!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  THE MALADJUSTED JESTER

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 09:47:02 AM »

And i am home from therapy. No word yet from the elevator crew. The super thinks the firemen's breaking down the door means they will have to order parts, so the elevayor may be out for some time. Damn.

So, an older couple visiting their daighter on the 4th floor got stuck and panicked. Rather than wait for the elevator men to come, the old man kept ringing the alarm button and the daughter called 911. If the elevator crew had got here first, we might still have a working elevator.

I hope the firemen attempted to calm the couple down before breaking the elevator. 

i wish they'd shot them.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 09:56:11 AM »

My tuxedo shirt is neck size 17-17.5  -  so I ordered a new one to wear for the wedding.....18 - 18.5 since I will have to be talking......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 09:57:59 AM »

We would never do that. In print. ;)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 10:03:11 AM »

And i am home from therapy. No word yet from the elevator crew. The super thinks the firemen's breaking down the door means they will have to order parts, so the elevayor may be out for some time. Damn.

So, an older couple visiting their daighter on the 4th floor got stuck and panicked. Rather than wait for the elevator men to come, the old man kept ringing the alarm button and the daughter called 911. If the elevator crew had got here first, we might still have a working elevator.

I hope the firemen attempted to calm the couple down before breaking the elevator. 

i wish they'd shot them.

:)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2014, 10:14:07 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Certainly I got eight hours, maybe a bit more.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

Or about going down on the dumbwaiter, either.

D'oh! :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2014, 11:10:32 AM »

And now for something completely different...has anyone seen this trailer, or even heard of this film??  Space Station 76.  I just came across this link and when I went to its Amazon listing, I noticed that it's being released tomorrow!  Was this ever in the theaters? 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2014, 12:08:32 PM »

The week is starting off moderately coolish, but much warmer weather looms as the week progresses.

Here, in Oakland, CA, that is.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 12:11:16 PM »

Tempus fidgets....sometimes.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 12:19:36 PM »

And now for something completely different...has anyone seen this trailer, or even heard of this film??  Space Station 76.  I just came across this link and when I went to its Amazon listing, I noticed that it's being released tomorrow!  Was this ever in the theaters? 

I hadn't seen it and I still haven't because it keeps freezing. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2014, 12:19:56 PM »

Never heard of it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2014, 12:21:54 PM »

I was going to go to the gym today but it was too nice out so I went for a walk instead.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2014, 12:52:07 PM »

As of tomorrow morning, you East Coast denizens can book your tickets to the two Kritzerland shows - the venue seems to use brownpapertickets - don't know how that works but I suppose I'll be learning quickly.

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2014, 12:56:45 PM »

Great news, BK!  We'll probably go for the 7pm shows each evening.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2014, 01:20:32 PM »

As of tomorrow morning, you East Coast denizens can book your tickets to the two Kritzerland shows - the venue seems to use brownpapertickets - don't know how that works but I suppose I'll be learning quickly.

BPT is very easy to use.  Theater Artists Olympia has been using it for several years, now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2014, 01:28:37 PM »

Had some bacon and eggs and am now waiting for rehearsal to begin.  And the World Goes Round shipped this morning.

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2014, 01:32:07 PM »

I went to my local scrapbooking store to see how much they charged for 14 inch scrapbooking scissors. And they said they don't sell them. :(

The only place I've seen lots of choices is amazon.com. But half of them don't ship to Canada.And the other half want to charge more than the price of the scissors to ship them. :(

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2014, 01:35:47 PM »

DR Jennifer, you know as soon as you order a new pair, you'll find the scissors you lost!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »

DR Jennifer, you know as soon as you order a new pair, you'll find the scissors you lost!

I have looked everywhere that I can think of multiple times.  And I am really having a hard time without them.  If I lived in the US it would be much easier to get them.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »

DR Ginny, in your AAUW capacity, would you please keep an eye out for a Middletown phone directory issued sometime between 2012 and now?  Mine is too old.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2014, 01:46:16 PM »

So true.  ;D

BwayAnge

• Where ever you go, there you are!
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2014, 01:48:14 PM »

Good Afternoon All!

Ugh, ever have one of those days in which you crave something for lunch and nothing else will satisfy!  Dang, St. Hubert's Rotisserie Chicken -- why do you have to be 3000 miles away!

BwayAnge

• Where ever you go, there you are!
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2014, 01:55:44 PM »

I went to my local scrapbooking store to see how much they charged for 14 inch scrapbooking scissors. And they said they don't sell them. :(

The only place I've seen lots of choices is amazon.com. But half of them don't ship to Canada.And the other half want to charge more than the price of the scissors to ship them. :(

Look under tailoring supplies -- they carry 14 inch scissors.  My Mom was a seamstress in a Montreal factory during the 1950's -- I still have the scissors!

Have you tried ebay?

Jane

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 01:57:59 PM »

DR Jennifer have you compared the cost if you purchase them from the UK or is that not an option either?

If I knew someone that was taking a trip to Montreal, and checking luggage, I would ask them to take the scissors.  I wish I was going to Montreal as it is a city I would like to see.

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »

I did look on ebay but the shipping was very high.  I am not sure if seamstress scissors would be the same as scrapbooking scissors. I've seen some pictures of long scissors but they don't look right.

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2014, 01:58:38 PM »

DR Ginny, in your AAUW capacity, would you please keep an eye out for a Middletown phone directory issued sometime between 2012 and now?  Mine is too old.

DR Elmore, we try not to take that sort of thing for the book sale, but we might get something here at home that you would find useful.  The phone book isn't what it used to be, though.  Lots of people are giving up their landlines and cell phones aren't listed.  I doubt Rob and Mary Linda's generation will ever have a landline or a phone book.

I'll try to bring you something in November!

Jane

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2014, 01:59:05 PM »

Tailoring supplies, what a great idea DR Bway.

Jennifer

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2014, 01:59:33 PM »

I am sure that shipping from the UK would be way more.  I don't think it would actually cost that much to ship the scissors from the US.  But they are charging I think $15 which seems very excessive (if it was $5 I would get them for sure).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up