Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RELAXED NOTES  (Read 13009 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE RELAXED NOTES
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2004, 07:14:08 PM »

DR Jane I really hope that your back feels better.  What kind of pain is it?  And are you taking anything for it?

If it's the muscles that are in knots/aching I've found that muscle relaxants really help. I forget the brand I have.  But they really work.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2004, 07:28:15 PM »

Did anyone read the article on Playbill.com (I would assume that it's other places, as well) about the 2004 Tony Honors for Excellence in the Theatre as well as changes in the Tony Awards??  Click HERE to read the article and find out about the Tony Honors.  What are most interesting are the three changes to the Tony Awards:

• The design awards (Set, Costume and Lighting Design) will now differentiate for Best Design of a Musical and Best Design for a Play, doubling the prizes to six awards.
  • Duplicate Tony Award medallions for Best Revivals of a Musical and Play will now also be given to authors and composers or their representatives.
  • Duplicate medallions will also be presented for individuals integrally involved in the creation the Special Theatrical Event winner.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 07:29:06 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2004, 07:31:30 PM »

Jennifer, thanks for asking.  It is very tender and hurts constantly, especially when I bend over.  I haven’t tried muscle relaxants in years since they always made me feel very weird.  It is possible the latest varieties are much better.  I purchased a gel type ice pack yesterday.  I use it for about 20 minutes at a time, when I can.  I start with the lower to mid back area, and then move it up.  The pain is worse in the middle of my back.  I have been taking a lot of Tylenol. I can’t take anything stronger for fear it will make me sick.

I’m hoping I’m better tomorrow because I still haven’t booked any plays for NY or my hotels.  

Off to ice it again.  Goodnight.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2004, 08:44:56 PM »

Well, I just got in from doing some errands (which included scoring a few pieces of Sees chocolates at the mall - hey, some errands have to be fun!). So before hitting the mall for chocolate, I had things to do on Ventura. I parked on a sidestreet which had signs up saying that there was 2 hours parking from 8 AM to 6 PM and permit parking after that. I have to admit I didn't check the signs carefully - but there was plenty of parking along the street - so it's not as if I took up the only spot. I came back after doing what I had to do and found a  $40. ticket on my car! And it was written at 6:35! They must lurk, waiting for the "illegal hour" to hit. Aaaargh!

Panni

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2004, 08:46:53 PM »

Hi, Dan in TO - looks like it's just the two of us. Guess everyone -- even the non-Jews - are getting ready for Yom Kippur. I hear they go to Tarnation for that.

Panni

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2004, 08:47:50 PM »

Jane - although you're not here in person - I'm sending more HEALING VIBES your way!

Panni

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2004, 08:48:36 PM »

I'm a frenzy of one. You there, Dan? Or is your computer here, sans you?

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2004, 08:57:40 PM »

Ann Hampton Callaway's show was a delight. She's very much in touch with her audience (about 100 of us, at Toronto's Top of the Senator jazz club). "Where's That Rainy Day" and Carole King's "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" were the standouts. She sang a couple of songs from her new CD, "Slow" (one of which she co-wrote with Carole King). The patter between songs was generally bright and funny. At the end of the evening she asked audience members for phrases describing Toronto. Then she sat down at the piano and strung together an amusing number incorporating everything from "buying shoes on Bloor Street" to "when Mel [our infamous former mayor] called in the army." The crowd had a good time - and so did she.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2004, 09:03:24 PM »

I'm a frenzy of one. You there, Dan? Or is your computer here, sans you?

I'm here. I was twice modifying an earlier post. Earlier I had said I was heading out to see Ann Hampton Callaway at The Top Of The Senator. The Jazz listings at the Senator spelled her name Calloway, so that was the first modification. Then I checked and saw that Callaway was correct after all.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2004, 09:05:20 PM »

A funny JOEY tonight. Much better than episode #2.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Panni

« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2004, 09:06:40 PM »

And it looks like Matt H is here. Slowly the joint is filling up with denizens. Quality, not quantity, that's what I say.

Panni

« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2004, 09:08:33 PM »

I watched some of the first episode of Joey and was thoroughly underwhelmed. Forgot all about it this week (I don't think I was in when it was on, anyway.)

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2004, 09:08:44 PM »

Tomorrow I'll be finishing up helping my friend pack this storage/moving pod. I can't say that I'll be sorry to be done with this. It's very tedious workl. Thankfully, the first two days we worked were unseasonably cool so I hardly worked up a good sweat. Tomorrow - highs of 86. Ugh!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2004, 09:08:58 PM »

Hi, Dan in TO - looks like it's just the two of us. Guess everyone -- even the non-Jews - are getting ready for Yom Kippur. I hear they go to Tarnation for that.

What's to get ready for Yom Kippur?

Awhile back, around this time of year, I was at the offices of a large publishing company. One of the senior editors told me that he knew Yom Kippur was coming up. He understood that it was the biggest holiday of the year, and he had heard that the food is great on Jewish holidays. So, he concluded, "you must really eat well on Yom Kippur."

Panni

« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2004, 09:10:53 PM »

I went into the supermarket to buy popcorn and wound up getting two DVDs - THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE and WEST SIDE STORY for $9.99 each. A good deal. The popcorn was on sale, too. Now if I only hadn't gotten that $40. ticket, I would've saved a lot of money tonight.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2004, 09:12:44 PM »

Another funny story about Jewish holidays (and Toronto). A friend swears this is true. He went into a bookstore, and the owner wanted to know if he could help. "I'm trying to find a Bar Mitzvah present," my friend explained. "Oh," the owner asked him, "when is Bar Mitzvah this year?"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 09:14:11 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Panni

« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2004, 09:13:34 PM »

What's to get ready for Yom Kippur?

You eat a lot so you won't get hungry.
(I don't fast unless I feel compelled to for some reason. I don't do well fasting - and health comes first with our tribe.)

Panni

« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2004, 09:14:44 PM »

Another funny story about Jewish holidays (and Toronto). A friend swears this is true. He went into a bookstore, and the owner asked him what he was looking for. "I'm trying to find a Bar Mitzvah present," my friend explained. "Oh," the owner asked him, "when is Bar Mitzvah this year?"

Thas sounds more like Vancouver than Toronto!

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2004, 09:20:36 PM »

One famous silent movie I don't think I've ever seen all the way through is INTOLERANCE. There is a fairly complete DVD version out there. I should see if I can put my hands on a copy and watch it.

Panni

« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2004, 09:27:56 PM »

Anyone see Abel Gance's NAPOLEON? I saw it years ago in Toronto with Carmine Coppola conducting his symphonic score. A real treat!

Panni

« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2004, 09:28:56 PM »

"Anyone" in this discussion means Dan or Matt...

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2004, 09:40:09 PM »

Anyone see Abel Gance's NAPOLEON? I saw it years ago in Toronto with Carmine Coppola conducting his symphonic score. A real treat!

Nope. Nor did I see the Mega-musical NAPOLEON, which opened and closed here about ten years ago.

Panni

« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2004, 09:58:34 PM »

Nope. Nor did I see the Mega-musical NAPOLEON, which opened and closed here about ten years ago.
I don't know about the mega-musical, but the Coppola Napoleon (at what was then the O'Keefe Center) was magnificent.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2004, 09:58:59 PM »

Good night ...

Panni

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2004, 09:59:46 PM »

Is it fall weather in Toronto?

Panni

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2004, 10:00:55 PM »

Ooops (spoo) - Good night.

Panni

« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2004, 10:01:57 PM »

Now I'll never get the Canadian weather report. Sad to be all alone in the world...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2004, 10:30:11 PM »

I'm back, and to prove it, I'm here.  I feel there has been a paucity of postings this evening (but what's here is, of course, cherce), that's what I think.  Ended up with a decent-sized house but the show was off tonight - bad sound (too damn loud) in Act One, actors not being consistent (this has been the single biggest problem with this cast - two of them can always be counted on to do what they're supposed to, but the others can't be counted on to do anything the same from one show to another and it drives me crazy).  If I can get the hot tub hot I shall go sit out there for a while and ponder the imponderables.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2004, 10:30:30 PM »

And furthermore, where in tarnation IS everyone?

Panni

« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2004, 10:36:54 PM »

I would think that all the late night denizens are in their hot tubs pondering the imponderables...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up