Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU  (Read 4505 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2014, 03:10:19 PM »

I was at the gym at 5:50am this morning.  The only chance I get to work out with my friend Kris (husband of my best girl friend), Always a chore to get up that early to get there, but always rewarding. 

I am very impressed you work out so early, kudos!

Jane

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2014, 03:15:53 PM »

My mother worked for the USO, Entertainment Division, during World War II.  She always told me that the story of Glen Miller dying in a plane crash over the English Channel was created to protect his publice image.  She said that she was told that he died in the bombing of a brothel in Paris.  In the last few years, I have seen more and more biographers going with that ending.

Why a plane crash then, not just a neutral building that was bombed?

Jane

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2014, 03:16:42 PM »

Good day, all.

And Happy Hanukkah.

Thank you.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2014, 03:18:06 PM »

Between these two eating opportunities, I will be involved with dealing with a personnel issue with one of my staff. :-\ I can't say any more than that, but I'm not taking the lead on this...my supervisor is (she has a LOT more experience than I do in these kinds of matters, which is none at all).  Hopefully, this will get resolved quickly and easily.

Well, I don't know if the situation is resolved exactly, but we had a meeting and hopefully things will at least be better...hopefully.

Good luck!

Jane

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2014, 03:19:09 PM »

DR ELMORE vibes that your prayers are answered....quickly.

DITTO!!!!

Jane

« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »

Thanks for the vibes.  I still don't feel too great.  Does anyone know what you are supposed to drink when your throat seems blocked by phlegm?  Every once in a while my throat feels all blocked up and sort of have to cough but it's hard to breathe. Hot showers seem to help. I have been gargling with salt water and drinking warm things.

Fluids to keep everything loose so you can cough it up.  I have heard Mucinex works but I didn't try it with this cold I had.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2014, 03:21:33 PM »

FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR DR TCB!!!

Jane

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2014, 03:28:29 PM »

If we had not already given little Elinor, lover of dinosaurs, her Chanukah gift this would have been tempting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »

I passed a millstone and George didn't record it???

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2014, 03:30:33 PM »

Had a nice lunch at The Smoke House.  And we've hired Michael Sterling to do our publicity for Inside Out, that is should we ever get beyond 10% of being funded.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2014, 03:31:19 PM »

Between these two eating opportunities, I will be involved with dealing with a personnel issue with one of my staff. :-\ I can't say any more than that, but I'm not taking the lead on this...my supervisor is (she has a LOT more experience than I do in these kinds of matters, which is none at all).  Hopefully, this will get resolved quickly and easily.

Well, I don't know if the situation is resolved exactly, but we had a meeting and hopefully things will at least be better...hopefully.

Good luck!

Thanks, Jane!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2014, 03:35:52 PM »

Meeting Elinor's DARLING baby sister and taking Elinor her gift, especially since she invited us for Chanukah, was one motivation for us to take a trip there.  The other reasons is we are seriously thinking of moving to Washington, maybe Portland.

It is hard to imagine leaving our beautiful home but it is time for a change.  I would like to return to Los Angeles, if only it wasn't so crazy and expensive.  Portland also has traffic but not as much and for the most part we would avoid rush hour.

We have much to think about and much to do so please excuse me if I'm distracted at times.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »

I sent in an adoption application for a rescue Schnauzer - hopefully a brother for DD Ben.  Waiting patiently for a response.

George

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2014, 03:46:58 PM »

I passed a millstone and George didn't record it???

I'm sorry that I missed the exact moment, but here's what I did get:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »

Meeting Elinor's DARLING baby sister and taking Elinor her gift, especially since she invited us for Chanukah, was one motivation for us to take a trip there.  The other reasons is we are seriously thinking of moving to Washington, maybe Portland.

It is hard to imagine leaving our beautiful home but it is time for a change.  I would like to return to Los Angeles, if only it wasn't so crazy and expensive.  Portland also has traffic but not as much and for the most part we would avoid rush hour.

We have much to think about and much to do so please excuse me if I'm distracted at times.

Washington?  Really?  Do you have an idea of where you're thinking...if it happens?

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2014, 04:04:18 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR TCB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KevinH

« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2014, 04:25:20 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2014, 04:25:36 PM »

Happy Chanukah!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2014, 04:30:03 PM »

Jane why is distraction necessary.  Move back HERE, not Portland.  You're from here.  You can find something nice here, believe me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2014, 04:30:19 PM »

Finishing up Birdman of Alcatraz.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2014, 04:31:28 PM »

I sent in an adoption application for a rescue Schnauzer - hopefully a brother for DD Ben.  Waiting patiently for a response.

Good vibes you find a perfect brother for DD Ben!

Jane

« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2014, 04:35:59 PM »

Washington?  Really?  Do you have an idea of where you're thinking...if it happens?

Vancouver along the river, maybe Camus.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2014, 04:39:30 PM »

~ ~ ~ FEEL BETTER VIBES ~ ~ ~ for DRs TCB and Jennifer!!!!!!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2014, 04:40:46 PM »

Jane why is distraction necessary.  Move back HERE, not Portland.  You're from here.  You can find something nice here, believe me.

The traffic drives us up a wall.  I would love to live near Santa Barbara, close enough to see people but far enough out of LA.  Still a bit far from LAX but at least we could fly out of there.  Flying from here limits where we can go with a non-stop flight.  California taxes are outrageous. 

Washington on the other hand is income tax free.  If one is over the border from Oregon they can shop sales tax free, the best of both worlds and we would be able to fly out of Portland or Seattle.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2014, 04:41:35 PM »

You can find something nice here, believe me.

What is your opinion on this DR Jeanne?

Jane

« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2014, 04:44:06 PM »

I didn't realize the restaurant with the good bean & rice burger was part of a chain.  Has anyone eaten the Rock Bottom Brewery?  They started in Colorado.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »

There are no taxes in California, and no traffic.  But none of that is important.  I'M here.  That is all that matters.  You can live near me - beautiful homes around here and I don't really go many places so traffic is rarely an issue.  You seem to be a stay put type of gal these days, so traffic won't be an issue.  LA misses you and we don't want you in Portland or Vancouver or even Vancouver or Portland.  It took a while to get Jeanne back here, but we're very glad she is.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »

I am thinking of moving to the bedroom at the opposite end of the house.  I am not sure what the tax ramifications are.....I will have to study the traffic situation as well.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2014, 05:02:08 PM »

We came back to the west coast for me and seriously did consider moving back to California & closer to LA, until we went for Thanksgiving.  I might be able to handle it but Keith can barely tolerate it. 

We go and only have time to spend with family and wish we were closer so visits with family and friends could be more often and relaxed, not everyone at once.  I say more often, as you know we basically see our families and then leave.  The upside of leaving paradise, wherever we move, is our visits to LA might be longer without having to rush home to take care of things here.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2014, 05:02:25 PM »

I am thinking of moving to the bedroom at the opposite end of the house.  I am not sure what the tax ramifications are.....I will have to study the traffic situation as well.

;D :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up