Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CLICKABLE BUTTOCKS  (Read 16475 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:CLICKABLE BUTTOCKS
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2004, 12:39:23 PM »

Best of vet vibes to DR Jane, Bogie, and Echo.

Our pack is on the antsy side today.  It's wet outdoors, and the younger ones want to play.  There's lots of dashing up and down the hall.  My bed has become a wrestling mat.

Since his new computer came with a new monitor, der B has decided to replace my smaller monitor with his old (and larger) one.  I think I'd better clean off my desk to make room.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2004, 12:40:35 PM »

Page Three Dance:

[size=20]The Puppy Pounce![/size]

If it isn't a real dance, it should be!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2004, 12:44:19 PM »

SWW - loved the puppy pounce.

And DR Jane, best-of-health vibes to Bogie and Echo.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2004, 12:58:55 PM »

I also loved the puppy pounce.

Thanks SWW & Dan-in-Toronto :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2004, 01:03:09 PM »

If anyone doesn't believe that the Cheney's "indignation" about Kerry's remarks during the debate isn't politically driven, they should wonder why they didn't so much as raise an eyebrow when, during the GOP convention, Illinois Republican Senate candidate Alan Keyes called their daughter a "sinner" and a "selfish hedonist".  Why wasn't their anger expressed publically then?  Why is there such outrage when Mary Cheney is mentioned with respect by a Democratic opponent, but silence when an Republican like Keyes (who is running for Senate against a popular Democratic candidate) makes such malicious remarks?  

Keyes own daughter is also gay, BTW (internet lingo!)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2004, 01:17:29 PM »

Inside the THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT boxed set of DVDs is the information that these musicals are coiming to DVD in 2005:

THE BAND WAGON

BELLS ARE RINGING

BILLY ROSE'S JUMBO

BRIGADOON (remastered)

THE BROADWAY MELODY (1929)

EASTER PARADE

FINIAN'S RAINBOW

LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME

All of these make me happy and excited, but based on what I saw and heard on THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT III, LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME is going to look and sound stupendous!

The other clips I thought looked superb in anamorphic enhancement were the excerpts from BRIGADOON (can't wait for that remastered version) and IT'S ALWAYS FAIR WEATHER where the color looked quite wonderful (especially for Eastman color).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2004, 01:41:53 PM »

I know many people have weighed in on this issue, but I agree with what DR Noel said about the Cheneys.

Also, I find it unimaginable that Mrs. Cheney would lose her mind so suddenly as to overlook what is very obvious to the rest of the world.

Her daughter is openly gay; the Cheneys have made her a part of their campaign; and gay issues are on the table.  By virtue of an openly gay woman sitting with the Cheneys, the Cheneys THEMSELVES have made her and her sexuality a part of the campaign.  Her supporting her father -- and, theoretically, George Bush -- makes a statement that she supports the administration's views on everything "gay" or "homosexual."  

I daresay that is NOT the case, although she doesn't seem to want to be quoted on anything.  But by being visible and out and sharing the spotlight with her family, she is subject to scrutiny and commment.

John Kerry said nothing untoward or cruel or mean or vindictive.  Rather, I think it's quite clear -- to anyone with raitonal thought capability -- that Mrs. Cheney is embarrassed to have a gay daughter and thinks she is for show, but not for discussion, and obviously does not think her daughter was "born that way," but thinks, probably, that she has "chosen" to be gay.

The problem is, the Cheneys (and Bushes) can't have her as a visible symbol/link to gay Americans without having her discussed.  

I'm sure Mrs. Cheney's major issue with John Kerry is that she doesn't want "it" talked about, but that's water over the dam -- it was water over the dam the first time the daughter shared the political spotlight in the campaign, and it was water over the dam when Cheney thanked Edwards for the kind words about his lesbian daughter.

Mrs. Cheney has shamed her daughter for political reasons.  The daughter must be absolutely mortified.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 01:46:04 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2004, 01:52:56 PM »

Elmore, I agree you on this Republican argument about the sanctity of marriage, a phrase which Bush uttered several times in the last debate.  When you have a divorce rate of somewhere around fifty percent in this country, there is NO sanctity of marriage!

Dan-in-Toronto, exactly! Why no high-profile umbrage when Alan Keyes railed against Cheney's daughter?  Why thank Edwards for his "kind words" about Cheney's family and daughter.  Why not jump all over Gwen Ifil for bringing it up in the VP debate?  Because the Cheney's protest is purely politically motivated.  We've already have caught Cheney in repeated outright lies with video evidence.  So this sort of duplicitious, deliberate, cynical flip-flopping should come as no surprise.

I was also disappointed that Kerry didn't jump all over Bush when he first stated we were depending on an English source for the vaccine (laying the blame elsewhere again...And it was a company in California with a manufacturing plant in England and it was the English authorities that stopped the shipment) and then saying he was hoping to fill the gap from Canada.  Hey!  Wait a minute, Bushie!  Didn't you ban drug imports from Canada?  Aren't you the guy that said they may come from third-world countries?  Kerry missed a big opportunity there.

Jane, no one can make Bush look good.  My first rule for voting for a president is vote for a man who is smarter than me. Well, that disqualifies one of them immediately. I'm only left with one choice, if I go with either of the two major parties.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2004, 02:14:29 PM »

RLP, very well said.  I think John Edward's wife hit the nail on the head the other day when she suggested that such an overwrought, unreasonable response by Lynne Cheney connotes some element of shame attached.  If the Cheneys love their daughter and are proud of her why should there be any outrage when the Democrats are praising both them and their daughter.  It's folderol obsfucation.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 02:27:03 PM by Charles Pogue »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2004, 02:23:03 PM »

As long as we're discussing the Cheneys,  where did I just see an article about Vice-President Cheney's illegal command to shoot down one of the planes on 9/11?  Was it VANITY FAIR?  It certainly wasn't ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, who - even though I subscribe - pisses me off regularly with their assumption that classical music, opera, or ballet are not entertainment for their readers (maybe we can  get CHORE CULTURE WEEKLY) and theatre's only good for once every whim.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2004, 02:27:42 PM »

CharlesPogue I think you insult yourself when you say one of those men is smarter than you are.  

I’m a Democrat and have been called a liberal.  I wanted to like Kerry.  I really did but can’t and I don’t trust him.  I might even believe Bush more than Kerry.  I don’t want to vote but will hesitantly.  For me it comes down to the issue that is most important to me, the environment.  Since I feel Bush’s actions since becoming president have harmed the environment I’m left with only one way to vote.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2004, 02:36:07 PM »

Elmore, I gave up reading Entertainment Weekly years ago.  Popcorn entertainment reporting.

Woody...or anyone who knows a great deal about foundling dogs,  Our new pup Tewkesbury is a very sweet critter...cuddly, follows one or the other of us everywhere, very well-behaved...perhaps too well behaved.  But he seems to have no sense of play.  I don't know whether this is still him just getting used to new surroundings, whether it's trauma from his past, or whether perhaps he was just an old lady's lap dog who never threw him a ball.  But I would love for him to show a little more enthusiasm for something other than cuddling and taking walks.  He shows no real interest in toys or rough-housing or chewing.  Any suggestions for how to instigate or engage him in play?  Or is this something that just going to take time until he becomes more accustomed to his new environment?  Or do we just have a mellow dog?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2004, 02:37:08 PM »

DRJane, I don't know either candidate, but I don't have to like them.  I consider which one represents my best interests .  Mr Bush was quite vociferous about my money being spent, and I don't mind paying taxes for programs I believe in, like education, the arts, the environment.  What I don't like my money being wasted on are factions to suppress anyone's rights, to force one person's view of God down my throat, to support an immoral war under the guise of protecting us, and people who tell me it's raining when they're pissing on my shoes.  I think people like Falwell and Fred Phelps are an abomination to humanity but I will support their constitutional right to spew their hatred.  I won't let people who support them run my life.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 02:37:57 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2004, 02:37:11 PM »

Re: the flu vaccines

There isn't a shortage here in Canada too is there? (wondering if I'll have trouble getting one this year).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2004, 02:37:46 PM »

For heaven's sake, DR Jane...you don't mean Ralph Nader do you????
 ;D

« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 02:38:26 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2004, 02:42:36 PM »

Elmore, I gave up reading Entertainment Weekly years ago.  Popcorn entertainment reporting.

I feel a need to subscribe:  it keeps me informed about a lot of popular culture I don't need to invest any more time to, like J Lopez, Britney, and other sanctimonious unions, the crap I never want to watch or listen to but should know a smattering about, and occasionally I get something wonderful like a complete SEINFELD guide.  

Jane

« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2004, 02:49:53 PM »

RLP ROTFLOL - NO WAY!

elmore I can't believe what Kerry says is the truth, so does it really matter if I agree with it or not?

Charles, honestly I haven’t seen that problem with a foundling.  I am curious now if Tewkesbury  will play with other dogs.  I agree with your guess he never had anyone play with him, or it simply isn’t his idea of fun.  Some dogs and cats just aren’t into playing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2004, 02:59:34 PM »

elmore I can't believe what Kerry says is the truth, so does it really matter if I agree with it or not?

DRJane, I think Kerry believes what he says, but I doubt he'll accomplish much of it because he's a figurehead for the party, its lobbyists, the sponsors, etc., much as George W is.  The only difference is that I disagree with everything George W stands for, even though I don't think he's a bad man.  I think he's a puppet for a bunch of evil men, and I have disliked in 40 years of voting, many of the republican parties' decisions concerning what is basically the money you and I and countless others pay them through our taxes.

I believe the whole election system should be reconsidered:  right now it's a year of campaigning out of a 3-year term.  I think it should be a 5-6 year term to see how the administration does economically, belligerently, and socially.  Then you either re-elect them or behead them by guillotine in front of the White House.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 03:00:00 PM by elmore3003 »

Jane

« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2004, 03:04:35 PM »

elmore-LOL-sounds good to me.

I am researching wheel chairs, or carts on wheels, for large dogs.  We aren’t there yet but we need to think about this.  We had ruled it out but our new vet gave us some information and said to think about it.  She save a kitten that was paralyzed after an attack by a raccoon.  The kitten is in-between carts and was darling scooting herself around the office.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2004, 03:11:05 PM »

Elmore, I agree you on this Republican argument about the sanctity of marriage, a phrase which Bush uttered several times in the last debate.  When you have a divorce rate of somewhere around fifty percent in this country, there is NO sanctity of marriage!

DRCharlesPogue, when I think about the sanctity of marriage, I wonder if it ever existed.  In 1728, John Gay wrote this line for Macheath to Lucy Lockit:  I am ready to give you satisfaction in marriage, if you think there is any.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2004, 03:37:36 PM »

Good afternoon, fellow dear readers. It's a lovely day, sunny and 90F. Joshie the cat is happily sitting on the patio watching the activity at the birdfeeder.

TOD: House CD Player: Guy Haines
Car CD Player: "Give Me Jesus" by Bruce Ewing

Re Election stuff: I can't wait until it is all over with. We have one pair of local candidates flinging mud here and the city looks trashy with all the campaign signs. I am tired of taped candidates calling me on the phone. I think I need chocolate.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2004, 03:45:42 PM »

Whatever do the sanctimonious-about-marriage make of the "marriages" that preceded Christianity?

Certainly seems to me that all the marriages that came before had NOTHING whatever to do with Christianity as the evangelicals describe/pray/live it...and, in fact, Christianity and God did not INVENT marriage.

The true question, then, ought to be whether the government is going to mandate laws based on ONE RELIGION's beliefs in a country where freedom from religious persecution/prejudice is supposedly protected by that country's constitution.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2004, 03:47:17 PM »

DVDs new to me:

"The Day After Tomorrow" (watched it Wednesday evening....lots of fun, imminently forgettable, but that means it will be fun to watch AGAIN).

Received today:

"Calamity Jane", "Damn Yankees," "That's Entertainment" (4-DVD set), and "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" (2-DVD set).

YOICKS!

François de Paris

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2004, 03:53:15 PM »

Quote from BK, yesterday!

"If one wants a proper corned beef sandwich one must go to Langer's on Seventh and Alvarado.  The best in town.

Thanks for the tip, but I hardly am in that area! LOL!

François de Paris

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2004, 04:02:50 PM »

The true "baiting" was done by the questioner, Bob Schieffer, who asked whether the candidates thought homosexuality was something you're born, or the product of environment.

If it's environment, then, for much of prejudiced America, the Cheneys are "guilty" of raising their daughter in an environment that led her to lesbianism.  I think this is pretty ridiculous.  So does John Kerry, who said that if you talk to most homosexuals, they'll tell you they were born with certain feelings.

Mrs. Cheney keeps calling him a bad man, plainly, because she feels that she's done something wrong, raising a daughter the way she did.  She subscribes to the environment theory (unlike Kerry) and doesn't like being reminded of the results of how she raised Mary.

After years and years of researches on that subject, I guess we've come up with some answers right now...

Does Mr Bob Schieffer think that the candidates have answers, and in a Presidential debate on top of that ?
Who are they? Therapists?? Scientists? Medical Doctors? No, politicians!

And why should Mrs Cheney's opinion matter ? Is she elligible ?
Is she candidate ??

Oh! I forgot! In the States you elect both... a President AND a First Lady....

Sorry! I'm being verbose again! :)

.... and that GUILT think is so religious and so passé, imho!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 04:24:38 PM by François de Paris »

François de Paris

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2004, 04:04:30 PM »

I kniow! I know! The candidates should have been asked:

"Do you have clickable buttocks?"

That's quite an issue!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2004, 04:06:18 PM »

Sanctity in marriage?  Never heard of it.

I always feel that a hot poker to the backside makes animals very playful.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2004, 04:07:17 PM »

While I was hopeful of approving the cover it was not to be.  Looks like Monday morning.  They think they have everything figured out now, so we're all keeping our fingers crossed.  Meanwhile, I got the hard-copy of the galley and it looks great, so that's totally approved now.

François de Paris

« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2004, 04:22:17 PM »

Last night, S. Woody wrote:

Quote from: Matt H. on Yesterday at 08:37:07pm
Tonight on WILL & GRACE, for only the third time in its seven year run, Will Truman, the gay lawyer character, kissed another man.

Is that good for Bush, or that good for Kerry?

-- this is not a question!

I'm glad it's not because I don't understand what you're driving at.

The last part is by little me! Not SWW!

I was just being silly, as usual!
It's nonsense... which something the French rarely understand and use...
Thought I was in conquered territory. :(

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2004, 04:41:18 PM »

Sanctity in marriage?  Never heard of it.

I always feel that a hot poker to the backside makes animals very playful.

Sorry.  For a moment, I thought the last two sentences were in response to the subject of the first.  LOL.

My, my, my (that is three mys) this here site has become very political during my long weeks away.  Hopefully I have still come to the correct site for a good old-fashioned bitch-slap!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up