Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CLICKABLE BUTTOCKS  (Read 16476 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CLICKABLE BUTTOCKS
« on: October 15, 2004, 12:03:08 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know the meaning of their title, and now you are ready to post until the clickable cows with their clickable buttocks come home.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 12:00:52 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:CLICKABLE BUTTOCKS
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 12:05:56 AM »

I'm very mellow right now.  Is anyone else very mellow right now?

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 12:12:44 AM »

The true "baiting" was done by the questioner, Bob Schieffer, who asked whether the candidates thought homosexuality was something you're born, or the product of environment.

If it's environment, then, for much of prejudiced America, the Cheneys are "guilty" of raising their daughter in an environment that led her to lesbianism.  I think this is pretty ridiculous.  So does John Kerry, who said that if you talk to most homosexuals, they'll tell you they were born with certain feelings.

Mrs. Cheney keeps calling him a bad man, plainly, because she feels that she's done something wrong, raising a daughter the way she did.  She subscribes to the environment theory (unlike Kerry) and doesn't like being reminded of the results of how she raised Mary.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 01:08:07 AM »

I think I have been to a website with clickable buttocks.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 01:09:44 AM »

Friday...media check.

DVD: LES UNS ET LES AUTRES.  Eventually, yes, I will watch something else.

VCR:  THE OSCAR co-written by friend of DR CP, Mr Harlan Ellison.

CD:  The Patsy CLine Story - the only recording with one of my favorite songs she ever sang:  "Tra le la la la Triangle."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 01:10:39 AM »

All alone am I
Ever since your goodbye
All alone with the just the beat of my heart.

People all around
Still I don't hear a sound
Just the lonely beating of my heart.

Ben

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 04:06:52 AM »

Mr. BK said last night:

"If one wants a proper corned beef sandwich one must go to Langer's on Seventh and Alvarado."

Or one could just hop on Jet Blue and come to New York City  ;) We have our own Seventh, granted it's an Avenue not connected to Alvarado but it's a long street filled w/delicious Jewish food.

I am currently listening to live streaming BBC Radio 3. Gershwin is Composer of the Week and they are reviewing Porgy and Bess at this moment. Previous to Composer of the Week, I listened to a recording of Orpheus and Euridice (sp). Since I know very little about opera and the various recordings I can't give more details other than it was the point where Orpheus looks back at Euridice and loses her. It sounded very well done. That's all I can say about it.

I have no plans for listening today. We have a busy day here. Also the last Saturday tomorrow. I will pop in and out for a break when the craziness gets too much.

beckon

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 04:39:18 AM »

Media Check:

CD Player : Broadway Musicals Of 1964, Philip Officer, Steve Ross

Cassette: Big River, Mystery Of Edwin Drood, Bette Midler
A bell is no bell til you ring it
A song is no song til you sing it
And love in your heart wasn't put there to stay
Love isn't love til you give it away

Oscar Hammerstein II

William E. Lurie

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 06:01:16 AM »

DVD - I never thought I'd watch anything else first the week the THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT box set came out, but I am:  The eleven hour version of PBS's BROADWAY: THE AMERICAN MUSICAL of which only six hours are being telecast.

CD - With 11 hours for BROADWAY followed by all 3 ENTERTAINMENTs plus extras, who has time?
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

td

• td
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 06:02:05 AM »

Media Check:
(not a lot to report)

DVD PLAYER:
LATTER DAYS as a friend came in from Cincinnati last night and HAD to see it.

CAR CD PLAYER:
HOME ON THE RANGE original soundtrack

HOME CD PLAYER:
JANIS IAN 1978 ("Hotels and one-night stands are my speed. . .)

COMPUTER:
BARRY MACKENZIE HOLDS HIS OWN - direct from the merry old land of OZ.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 06:45:16 AM »

Mr. BK said last night:

"If one wants a proper corned beef sandwich one must go to Langer's on Seventh and Alvarado."

Or one could just hop on Jet Blue and come to New York City  ;) We have our own Seventh, granted it's an Avenue not connected to Alvarado but it's a long street filled w/delicious Jewish food.

My thoughts exactly, DR Ben.  But you beat me to the punch.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 06:49:59 AM »

The true "baiting" was done by the questioner, Bob Schieffer, who asked whether the candidates thought homosexuality was something you're born, or the product of environment.

If it's environment, then, for much of prejudiced America, the Cheneys are "guilty" of raising their daughter in an environment that led her to lesbianism.  I think this is pretty ridiculous.  So does John Kerry, who said that if you talk to most homosexuals, they'll tell you they were born with certain feelings.

Well, if Mrs Cheney would take the braces off her brain for one minute, perhaps she'd do some research:  I subscribe to the genetic theory myself, moreso since the book BIOLOGICAL EXUBERANCE examined homosexual coupling through the animal realm.  Benjamin Britten had three siblings, a brother and two sisters, of which one sister was gay, and there's some biographical intimation that Britten pere was bisexual.  I would believe that 50% of the children were gay was through genetic patterns over the home environment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 06:57:21 AM »

Do enjoy your Astrud Gilberto CDs, BK! I just love her and own several of her CDs myself! Listening to her always puts me into such a good mood.

Media check:

DVD:
Chained for Life starring the Hilton sisters. Interesting movie!

Murder on the Campus: early 1930s mystery starring Charles Starrett...what a good looking guy he was as DR Elmore will agree.

VHS: Queer Eye, Desperate Housewives, Manhunt (which I thought was very dull, by the way).

CD: Nothing new, just listening to some World Groove.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 06:57:38 AM »

Media Check:

Car:  I actually listened to the radio this morning.  Howsabout that!
Office:  Still stuck on AOL Showtune station
VCR:  Last night's Survivor and Apprentice for the Dear Partner.
DVD: Empty

Last night we presented the Rochester Philharmonic on our mainstage.  The program was lovely, and not terribly challenging (a Mozart overture, some Brahms and Dvorak).  But as we are one of the campuses celebrating what is called "The American Democracy Project" I had requested that they include something appropriate.  The ADP is not concerned with rah-rah patriotism, but rather being a way to ingrain in students of a certain generation (namely the current one) ways in which they can become civically engaged.  Volunteerism, voting (natch), and basically believing in something  (oooh, a COMPANY reference).  The ADP says nothing about its components being pro-America, or even American at all, but of course most have been.  About America, that is.

At any rate, as their final piece, the RPO (Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, in Rochestnut lingo) chose to play a fairly new orchestral suite based on songs from 1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE.  It was lovely.  Not fabulous, but certainly lovely.  I never have picked up A WHITE HOUSE CANTATA, but was familiar with "Take Care of This House" and "Lud's Wedding" from several recordings, but the final theme was based on ""To Make Us Proud," with which I was unfamiliar.  It was very "Make Our Garden Grow," but still nice.
Overall, I don't think it works as an orchestral setting, but it was still nice to hear Bernstein's music.

It's a shame he didn't write more for the stage.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 06:59:42 AM »

Well, this morning is laundry day, so I have to get into it before hitting the NYPL Theatre Collection.  I have to go through clippings of BABES IN TOYLAND, 1903, which are crumbling to dust, for an account of the Act One Scene Three transformation scene, involving glowing chrysales, opening flowers, twinkling lights, as the scene moves from the Spider's Forest to The Floral Palace of the Moth Queen (they don't write 'em like this any more!).  The two extant Glen Macdonough librettos say nothing about the stage effects at this point, although he's rather explicit about the opening shipwreck sequence.  Even that was more graphic in production: the reviews mention stereopticon projections of angels and demons onto the backdrop.

TOD:
DVD:  Fahrenheit 9/11, 2 DVDs courtesy of Michael Barnum, Latter Days
CD:  Haines His Way, Dvorak's Rusalka, Ethel Merman in Call Me Madam
VCR:  Nothing
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 07:01:23 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2004, 07:00:12 AM »

Benjamin Britten had three siblings, a brother and two sisters, of which one sister was gay...

I am thinking they were not the only siblings in the world who were/are both gay.

MBarnum

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2004, 07:01:02 AM »

Hooray, I get off work at the hour of 11am! Then I must scurry home and mow the lawn before the rain hits. It has been such wonderful warm sunny weather this week but today will be the last of that for awhile.

My Bollywood movie for this weekend is: Aetbaar (2003) starring that hindu hunk John Abraham hot of his success in Jism. In this movie he falls in love with a lovely lass, but sadly her father does not approve.  :'(

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2004, 07:17:01 AM »

I'm not mellow I'm starving.

I've been reading about all your dinner advertures.  And it's not good when one is starving.  So I must eat now.

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2004, 07:22:58 AM »

I have nothing in my dvd player, and nothing in my cd player.  But I have lots in my VCR (and will have more when my sis brings over some stuff).  

In my VCR I have: last night's Joey, and the night before's Smallville.

And soon to be in my VCR: WED UPN night, Angels in America, and movies (A Guy Thing, Cold Creek Manor, Girl with a Pearl Earring, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting).

MBarnum

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2004, 07:23:33 AM »

I think I have been to a website with clickable buttocks.

LOL! That gave me my laugh of the day!  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 07:25:49 AM »

Do any West Coast DR's ever see Susan Kohner Weitz out and about?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 07:26:20 AM »

Off at 11 am, DRBARNUM.....state employee, no doubt.

MBarnum

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 07:26:49 AM »

For Godzilla fans (and you know who you are) the latest Godzilla movie (said to be the final one) is coming to DVD this December 14...Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.! Also on that same date is Son of Godzilla...both movies will have original Japanese language with subtitles! Woohoo!

MBarnum

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2004, 07:28:02 AM »

Of course I am a state employee...I am playing on the internet aren't I!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 07:29:28 AM »

Last night, S. Woody wrote:

Quote from: Matt H. on Yesterday at 08:37:07pm
Tonight on WILL & GRACE, for only the third time in its seven year run, Will Truman, the gay lawyer character, kissed another man.

Is that good for Bush, or that good for Kerry?

-- this is not a question!

I'm glad it's not because I don't understand what you're driving at.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2004, 07:53:56 AM »

Good morning. I have tons to do, so I shall simply and briefly state that - YES - I should have gone to Art's (or anywhere other than Jerry's) - but I didn't think of it. If I feel like take-out at night, I  just automatically head for Jerry's like a sheep following the herd off the mountain ledge. But as of now I stop this brainless practice, you hear, DRs? And I SWEAR - do you hear me? - SWEAR not to do it again. Hallelujah, brothers ans sisters, I am Cured!

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2004, 08:08:08 AM »

Another comment on the THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT box set that I commented about yesterday. The three TE films have all been mastered for DVD with anamorphic enhancement, so those of us with widescreen TVs should see a substantially imrpoved picture. Since I went for the bonux disc first before watching any of the films (which I've seen dozens and dozens of times), I didn't  notice that Warners had done this wonderful thing for widescreen TV owners. (There are the standard full frame versions of the films on the flips sides of the three DVDs.)

So, despite my peevish comment yesterday about their stinginess with their outtakes, I must give them a big thank you for doing this enhancement to the films themselves. I'll be watching III this afternoon.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2004, 08:09:26 AM »

I caught a bit of Ellen DeGeneres's show the other week. She was raving about Jerry's meatloaf.

One of the best local brands of corned beef and salami is Chicago 58. It's a Toronto company - they just like the name "Chicago." You find their meats at some of the better delis. I once thought I'd go to their factory (meatery?) and pick up something directly. The place turned out to be a dump - an old house on Lippincott Street (that's downtown Toronto). I walked through the door and into a smelly room that was empty save for a pair of old boots.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 08:11:44 AM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2004, 08:10:26 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD: NUNCRACKERS (OCR)

DVD: THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT III and SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS (Special Edition).

DVR: Wednesday night's LOST
         last night's JOEY and WILL & GRACE (which I've already watched but will watch again)

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2004, 08:18:12 AM »

Back to yesterday's TOD.

And this is NOT Jerry's. (It's Katz's.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up