Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE "AHA" MOMENT  (Read 3177 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: THE "AHA" MOMENT
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2015, 12:12:53 PM »

Page 3
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

ChasSmith

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2015, 12:13:14 PM »

Educational material is wending its way to DR Jrand64.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2015, 12:13:36 PM »

What type of introvert are you? Find out now:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/what-kind-of-introvert-are-you/

Social Introvert:  You spend a lot of time by yourself—and you're completely okay with that. You are happy with the small group of friends that you have and you avoid large crowds like the plague.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2015, 01:25:42 PM »

I'm up - have been up several times - first around eight, then ten-thirty, then twelve-thiry - I got about nine hours of sleep all told.  Must do stuff.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2015, 01:26:39 PM »

Well, this is interesting...Director Named for Film Remake of Oliver!  One sentence in particular sticks out:

Rights issues have yet to be resolved but the plan is to film in and around London beginning in early 2016.

They don't even have the rights, yet?  Does it happen that way very often?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2015, 02:30:29 PM »

I went to my 10th year high school reunion, and I remembered why I didn't like many of these people.....

I am waiting for my 50th which will be in 2018.....if I'm still around, maybe some of THEM won't be.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2015, 02:30:46 PM »

Thank you DR CHAS SMITH, I shall haunt the mailbox.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2015, 03:06:05 PM »

I love going to the reunions.  Because our class has extra luncheons throughout the year (we have only been able to go to a few of them) the class has stayed connected and enjoy each other more than we did in high school.

ChasSmith

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2015, 03:36:11 PM »

I am on my way out for some arsenic and some old lace.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2015, 03:39:42 PM »

Oliver = press agent getting people's names in the press. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2015, 03:42:02 PM »

Back from a jog.  Annette Funicello's old house across from me, which has, for the entirety of the almost eleven years I've lived her, been covered in bushes and shrubs literally blocking any view of the front of the house, has suddenly had tree people there since yesterday and all that crap's been removed and now the house if visible.  It's also completely empty - this means one of two things - the owner (s) have died and the house is going up for sale, or it's already been sold at auction and a tear down may be coming. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2015, 04:05:04 PM »

Wonderful to know Cilla is feeling better!

Thanks!   I seriously haven't felt this good in years  (or should that be well).  Anyway, went to see the surgeon today.  I really like him. Dr. Gupta is great.  I took the photos he had given to my family for me and he walked me through the whole surgery and pointed out my other organs and said they all look great.  That's nice to know.   

The bottom line is I had chronic gall bladder disease and lots of gall stones.  The appendix didn't look normal to him and he showed me what he saw in the photos, but the lab said it was ok so whatever on that one, glad it's gone.  I haven't felt well in years. Not really sick but not well either.  I blamed aging, stress, a million things, but never thought of my gallbladder. The nurse and Dr Gupta both told me that's common with gall bladder problems.  Anyway, I feel 10 years younger.  I can't remember the last time I could eat and not feel uncomfortable or bad.  I can eat anything now.  I have a ton of energy and have been cleared to start lifting more weight.  Basically if it hurts - stop.  And I don't have to go back.  I'm cleared!

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2015, 04:08:57 PM »

Propert selling and employment  vibes for elmore
DR Jane, thrilled for the good news from DS Craig.
DITTO!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2015, 04:10:28 PM »

I am so glad that things are going well for Cilla. Except for the noise issue. I am shocked someone would post your address that is ridiculous.

I'm glad I was able to delete it. Today I messaged he tv station that had the story posted with all the comments on Facebook and told them about the cyberbullying and the posting of my address.  They asked the name and I gave it to them and they will be watching for his posts.  Hopefully they will cut back on the cyber bullying

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »

Since I hate parties in general and making small talk with people I don't know in particular, the reunion events will be a challenge.

The things we do for love!

One of these days we'll have to coordinate ahead of time.  I could get to your hubby's home town fairly easily as it's not far from my hometown.  So if you're ever spending some time there, holiday time or something, maybe I could drive up and meet your hubby and have lunch or something.

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2015, 04:14:35 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ - FaceBook is such a stickler on other things....things that don't matter....and then they let things go on that should be actionable....UNLIKE!

I didn't report him to facebook as I think they would have told him I reported him and I was able to delete the post after it was up only a couple minutes.  I think reporting him to the local tv station who had the story he was commenting on may be more effective. They responded immediately that his actions were unacceptable and they will be monitoring him

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2015, 04:17:23 PM »

Thanks!   I seriously haven't felt this good in years  (or should that be well).  Anyway, went to see the surgeon today.  I really like him. Dr. Gupta is great.  I took the photos he had given to my family for me and he walked me through the whole surgery and pointed out my other organs and said they all look great.  That's nice to know.   

The bottom line is I had chronic gall bladder disease and lots of gall stones.  The appendix didn't look normal to him and he showed me what he saw in the photos, but the lab said it was ok so whatever on that one, glad it's gone.  I haven't felt well in years. Not really sick but not well either.  I blamed aging, stress, a million things, but never thought of my gallbladder. The nurse and Dr Gupta both told me that's common with gall bladder problems.  Anyway, I feel 10 years younger.  I can't remember the last time I could eat and not feel uncomfortable or bad.  I can eat anything now.  I have a ton of energy and have been cleared to start lifting more weight.  Basically if it hurts - stop.  And I don't have to go back.  I'm cleared!

That's wonderful, Cillaliz!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2015, 04:20:14 PM »

That's wonderful, Cillaliz!

Thanks!

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2015, 04:23:44 PM »

After another couple days (and nights) of having the windows open, we just closed up and turned the AC back on.  Welcome to summer in SW Ohio!

Our heat index I over 100 today.  Whew!  The new yard guys showed up, three of them!  What takes me an hour to do took them about 15 minutes.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »

I am working a half day this morning and then we are heading down to the DH's home town. Friday and Saturday are a milestone high school reunion for his class, and then Sunday he is leading a performance celebrating the 50th anniversary of the town's Summer Theater.

I've never been to any of my high school reunions, and I live in the town where I graduated. ::)

It's usually the people who still live there that don't go.  At least that's true in my home town

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2015, 04:28:23 PM »

Tonight's outdoor concert is Elvis Costello.  If it wasn't 100+ heat index and the crowd didn't have  to stand on cement during the concert, I may have actually gone to this one. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2015, 04:31:11 PM »

My doctor did tell me it was probably a good thing that I didn't work this week as it gave me time to heal. It's been the longest I've taken off in years and years and years, well I guess I did go to work two different days, and stopped several times to get the mail, but I think it's been great for me mentally to take the break. AND I have two more days before I go back to work

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2015, 04:38:23 PM »

What type of introvert are you? Find out now:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/what-kind-of-introvert-are-you/

Social Introvert:  You spend a lot of time by yourself—and you're completely okay with that. You are happy with the small group of friends that you have and you avoid large crowds like the plague.

Me too

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2015, 04:39:38 PM »

Oh let's get to the next page

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2015, 04:39:49 PM »

Health vibes to all who need them

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2015, 04:40:02 PM »

Wealth vibes to all who need them

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2015, 04:40:15 PM »

Happiness vibes to all

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2015, 04:41:31 PM »

Now that I can lift things, I really need to do the laundry this weekend.  I told my mom I can lift the laundry basket now and she said "Oh, that's too bad,"  LOL gotta love her

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2015, 04:41:42 PM »

Cranberries!

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2015, 04:41:51 PM »

Potato salad!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up