Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LOO ON THE ROOF  (Read 3928 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE LOO ON THE ROOF
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2015, 11:50:35 AM »

I have Windows 7......do you have to download all of your add-ons again?  What happens to your Word program?

Does your current OS just disappear?  I would hate to lose all of my programs that I use.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2015, 11:52:42 AM »

Page Three Windows Dance.

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2015, 12:07:35 PM »

I have Windows 7......do you have to download all of your add-ons again?  What happens to your Word program?

Does your current OS just disappear?  I would hate to lose all of my programs that I use.

I have Windows 7 on my other computers.  Windows 10 is closer to Windows 7 than Windows 8.  It has some differences but not that many.  All my files and other programs are still there.  There is a new internet browser, but I just had to click on "import favorites" and all my favorites were there. I think Windows 8 is gone, not sure

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 12:11:26 PM »

Windows 10 calls all programs apps.  So it says "Show all apps"  it's organized a little differently, but everything seems to be there plus some new things I haven't checked out

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 12:14:31 PM »

I downloaded Windows 10 on my laptop last night.  If you download it, I suggest doing the "custom" install rather than the "express".  If you do the express you give permission to use your location, send info to Microsoft and other things I'm not really fond of doing.  You can turn them all off if you do custom.   I haven't played with the apps much yet, but so far it's working fine without having any of those things turned on.   It is much better than Windows 8 was.

I've been wondering if, whenever I get my next computer, I should just get Windows 10 and totally skip everything before it.  Or would going directly from XP to 10 be too much of a culture shock?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »

And is it true that Solitaire now has to be a paid subscription??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »

I just watched the getting started video. There are some cool things on here. I think I'm going to like this a lot

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2015, 12:19:16 PM »

Thanks for the info DR CILLA LIZ....I am still thinking about it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2015, 12:20:29 PM »

It has a personal assistant like Siri called Cortana.  I'm not using it because I don't like to have my location etc sent to Microsoft.  You can make modifications to it, but I don't really need it

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »

BK, the only thing I know that you can spray on things to keep raccoons away is made from the urine of predators.   Ironically, some are made from coyote urine. 

Soaking the rags with ammonia worked great.  We never had them in our trash again even though we only used the rags a few times.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2015, 12:27:34 PM »

For all my protesting, it seems I may have overdone it this week.  I slept 8 hours last night but really didn't feel on top of my game today, so I packed up some work and came home.   I ate lunch on the new deck and sat in the chaise for a little while.  It's beautifully shady out there until late in the afternoon, then it's only 1/2 in the sun.   I need to get a deck storage box to keep my cushions and hammock in so I don't have to take them in and out all the time to keep them safe from the weather

I've never done that and should have.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2015, 12:28:47 PM »

It has been so hot here the past week. Yesterday was really bad. With the humidex it was 40C, which is crazy hot.

That is hot!  It will be in the high nineties here today.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2015, 12:29:40 PM »

Her husband passed away very suddenly in May.  She's been sitting up in her room a lot watching tv.  Her window is right over my deck.  When they finished last night she leaned over to the window and said "Beautiful deck, much better than the old one"   It made me smile.

It is nice when you also make the neighbors happy.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2015, 12:30:06 PM »

I downloaded Windows 10 on my laptop last night.  If you download it, I suggest doing the "custom" install rather than the "express".  If you do the express you give permission to use your location, send info to Microsoft and other things I'm not really fond of doing.  You can turn them all off if you do custom.   I haven't played with the apps much yet, but so far it's working fine without having any of those things turned on.   It is much better than Windows 8 was.

Keith installed it yesterday but I haven't looked at it yet.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2015, 12:30:41 PM »

No word yet from Charlotte.  I do hope i will see her today.  She's heading to Italy soon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2015, 12:36:31 PM »

Hey, all!

TOD: Not at all a fan of "reality TV," but I admit to enjoying not-overly-gimmicked cooking competitions (the original Iron Chefs, "Chopped" when it has real talent on). There's also a soft spot in my heart for "Queer Eye." Hate, hate, hate all 10 minutes of "American Idol" that I've seen.

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2015, 12:47:06 PM »

Thunderstorms are here!

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »

For all my protesting, it seems I may have overdone it this week.  I slept 8 hours last night but really didn't feel on top of my game today, so I packed up some work and came home.   I ate lunch on the new deck and sat in the chaise for a little while.  It's beautifully shady out there until late in the afternoon, then it's only 1/2 in the sun.   I need to get a deck storage box to keep my cushions and hammock in so I don't have to take them in and out all the time to keep them safe from the weather

I've never done that and should have.

My mom always did.  I have fabric cushions, I keep them in the garage and they look just as nice as they did the day I bought them

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2015, 12:52:16 PM »

Keith installed it yesterday but I haven't looked at it yet.

I really do like it so far.  I was ready to throw this laptop out my living room window, now it seems to work great.  It was WIndows 8

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2015, 12:53:27 PM »

Hard to say the worst reality TV.  I think it's all the following the people type shows like the one Kirstie Allie did or the Kardashians or any of those. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2015, 12:54:31 PM »

I enjoy a lot of reality shows like Dancing with the Stars, some seasons of the Amazing Race and others.  I know they aren't "reality" but I don't care, I'm entertained

George

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2015, 01:01:28 PM »

TOD:  Was the old Ed McMahon "Star Search" a reality show?

I would never define a talent show like that a "reality" show.  But that's just me.

George

« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2015, 01:02:36 PM »

The doctor removed the staples and cast from my foot today.

Now, for the next several weeks, I will be wearing a compression bandage, doing water therapy and using a walker.

:-\

~~~Continued Recovery Vibes for Druxy!!~~~

Laura

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »

I hate all the reality shows.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2015, 02:21:22 PM »

I've had a lovely visit with Charlotte who will fly to Italy with her parents on Sunday for nine(?) days.  when she's back, we'll see a movie.  That cheered me up.

It is so steamy outside.  i open the apartment door and my glasses steam up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2015, 02:26:29 PM »

Guess what's on its way to me?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »

Congrats to MR BK on his SCORE!!!

ChasSmith

« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2015, 02:33:36 PM »

OMG that is beautiful, BK.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2015, 02:34:15 PM »

Yes, very nice.   It has been a long time since the last time I saw this kind of artwork for "Li'l Abner"!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2015, 02:34:50 PM »

It's cherce.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up