Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES IN CINNAMONSCOPE AND COLOR  (Read 4564 times)

Laura

Re: NOTES IN CINNAMONSCOPE AND COLOR
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 07:18:58 AM »

You'd think that growing up in Phoenix that I would have had lots of Mexican food. I never ever had it growing up. Or Chinese food, either.

My DH won't try Mexican food, so I rarely have any. Sometimes my daughter and I will go to Julio's, and I will usually stop at Senor Taco on my way up north. One of their steak and egg breakfast burritos will keep me fed until evening.

I know ... I should go to authentic places. Good thing I am not a foodie.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 07:19:43 AM »

Page 2 cheap Mexican food dance!
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 07:32:47 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept really late because i got to bed after 1:00am, and betwixt the late hours and the pain meds I was ready to stay in bed all day.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2015, 07:41:37 AM »

I was prepared to love A Gentleman's Guide To Love & Murder because Kind Hearts and Coronets is one of my favorite films, but i was not expecting the macabre madhouse I saw.  It's very funny, moves like a huge wind, thanks to excellent comefy direction and choreography, and it's filled with outrageous bits, funny scenery and a really fine cast of farceurs with wonderful voices, legit and character.  Someone advised me to waiut to see it after Bryce Pinkham had returned from The Heidi Chronicles, and he's quite wonderful, equally matched by Jefferson Mays in the Alec Guinness role of numerous victims.  Judy Blazer was also a hoot as the shady nursemaid, and the new ladies playing Mr Pinkham's objects of affection were excellent.

We had perfect seats, smack center, last row orchestra, and the set is like a toy theatre inside a jewel box of an intimate theatre.  I cannot imagine how this funny little musical will play in a huge barn on tour.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:53:09 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 07:46:14 AM »

Before rthe show, my friend Jim and I, who actually met 41 years ago in a dinner theatre production of A Funny Thing Happened On the Way . . ., had dinner at Orso and it was excellent.  He moved to Los Angeles over 20 years ago, after abandoning acting for a successful stint as a realtor with a wonderful Beekman Place apartment. He was in town to discuss the second edition of his New York book with the publisher, attend an aunt's birthday and his high school reunion, and see friends.  Each night was a different theatre date with a friend.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:54:22 AM by elmore3003 »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2015, 07:52:10 AM »

Back from the jog.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2015, 07:52:15 AM »

After the show, I came home and Jim called me to say that he wanted to give me his newest book.  So he subwayed up, brought the book, and we ended up gossiping and playing on the computer for another 90 minutes before he left.  I got to bed around 1:30.  Today he's taking another friend to see An American In Paris and then he's back to LA.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2015, 07:54:12 AM »

So, today I have no plans.  The muscle relaxer and Tylenol with codeine kept my back comfortable for my trek to midtown and the theatre, but i plan to take life very easily today.  I have some DVDs, some CDs, and some relaxing to do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2015, 07:54:16 AM »

I also like HOUSE OF BAMBOO.  I saw it at the Paramount Theater in Seattle when it was first released.

It's a remake of THE STREET WITH NO NAME (1948), which is a sequel to THE HOUSE ON 92ND STREET.

It's a sequel because Lloyd Nolan plays the same character (FBI agent George Briggs) in both movies.
You can dream…or you can do.

Kerry

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2015, 08:05:58 AM »

You'd think that growing up in Phoenix that I would have had lots of Mexican food. I never ever had it growing up. Or Chinese food, either.

My DH won't try Mexican food, so I rarely have any. Sometimes my daughter and I will go to Julio's, and I will usually stop at Senor Taco on my way up north. One of their steak and egg breakfast burritos will keep me fed until evening.

We'll have to get together and have Mexican food soon!
I like boat races.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2015, 08:12:11 AM »

So long as it isn't blue.

Not even blue corn?

I love blue corn and wish more Mexican restaurants had it on the menu.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2015, 08:12:56 AM »

Last night we ate far too much at a Mexican restaurant.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2015, 08:13:47 AM »

DR Jrand, continued vibes to your father and your family.

Jane

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2015, 08:16:42 AM »

You know what's funny?  The lighting gal who was so out of control and wacky - I sent her an e-mail (prior to finally letting her go) of Sami clips from the show, so she could see HOW the material is played - all I wanted was an affirmation that she understood the intentions after seeing the clips and an apology for the behavior.  Never heard a peep, so I fired her.  Four days later she apparently opened the e-mail and watched the clips and - LOVED them.  She would have, she said, been totally on board with the show.  Hopefully she learned something from this.

I give her credit for admitting this now.

Jane

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2015, 08:18:27 AM »

I had my fist spinach enchilado in Scottsdale.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2015, 08:20:21 AM »

So, today I have no plans.  The muscle relaxer and Tylenol with codeine kept my back comfortable for my trek to midtown and the theatre, but i plan to take life very easily today.  I have some DVDs, some CDs, and some relaxing to do.

I am very glad you were able to enjoy your evening.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2015, 08:20:42 AM »

Your friend's books look very interesting, DR elmore3003.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2015, 08:21:03 AM »

Thanks for the theatre report.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2015, 08:21:41 AM »

and ~ ~ ~ PAIN-BEGONE VIBES ~ ~ ~ to you, too!

Amy

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2015, 08:23:07 AM »

TOD:
I really don't like Mexican food. I can't stand refried beans I don't care for Mexican seasoning which includes cilantro and cumin and I hate both. But, of course, Mexican food is Mark's favorite. Since he and I both are on major diets, we've been making our own fajitas, which are very low in fat and not too high in calories if you practice good portion control. And I just season the meat with chili powder, garlic and onion powder, which is perfectly yummy. Mark sprinkles cilantro on his separately and heats up his own refried beans.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2015, 08:39:14 AM »

Cilantro and cumin?  I don't know what God-forsaken Mexican restaurants you're eating in, but they are not Mexican restaurants.  I have NEVER seen, heard or had cilantro OR cumin in any Mexican restaurant that is truly a Mexican restaurant, and by that I mean not Chipotle. 

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2015, 08:50:27 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  It's another beautiful day here in SW Ohio.  We're enjoying having the windows open and the AC off.  I'll probably go visit Mom this afternoon.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2015, 08:52:45 AM »

Your friend's books look very interesting, DR elmore3003.

There's also one for Las Vegas.  His NYC book began as a series of columns for a New York magazine that folded after 9/11.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 09:00:10 AM by elmore3003 »

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2015, 09:00:46 AM »

I am, too!

DR Elmore, do you remember that Richard and I saw you in that production of FORUM 41 years ago?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2015, 09:08:58 AM »

I am, too!

DR Elmore, do you remember that Richard and I saw you in that production of FORUM 41 years ago?

No. I remember very little about that show.  Can't even remember half the cast.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2015, 09:09:00 AM »

She of the Evil Eye has arrived, but I don't really want to leave yet - I will in about a half-hour and then I'll mosey on over to the theater and get set up for today's rehearsal.  Monday through Wednesday we get to leave our stuff set up, but there's a show in there so we have to take it down on Wednesday night, set it up on Saturday morning, take it down after rehearsal, set it up tomorrow morning, and take it down because they're the ONLY show in LA that plays a Sunday evening rather than a matinee.  That will be the case for this coming week and weekend and then they are happily (for us) out of there for good.

ChasSmith

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2015, 09:11:18 AM »

I had my fist spinach enchilado in Scottsdale.

I think I'll pass on that one.  Sounds rougher than those I'm used to.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2015, 09:13:57 AM »

I'm getting my act together and taking it on the road to Page 3...

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2015, 09:14:12 AM »

Very shortly.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »

The time is nigh!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up