Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A DAY TO MYSELF, ALMOST  (Read 3419 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: A DAY TO MYSELF, ALMOST
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2015, 10:58:04 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2015, 11:07:46 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Was up at seven-thirty, fell back asleep at nine-thirty, so I think I got about seven and a half hours of sleep.

Laura

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »

Good morning. I would have thought that all my hiking would have had my muscles in shape for a bit of yardwork. Nope.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2015, 11:16:36 AM »

But the good news is I didn't see any more wasps.

Laura

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »

TOD: Carbs.

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2015, 11:41:09 AM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  Richard and I were out of here, in separate cars, by 8:30 this morning to attend "Broadway & Bagels" at Dayton's Schuster Center (Broadway house) and observe the load-in for PIPPIN, which opens tonight.  It was very interesting and made me want to see the show again.  Afterwards, Richard came home to do errands and I stayed in Dayton for lunch with the grantwriters.  That was kind of bittersweet, because we bade farewell to Genevieve, the wonderful young woman who took my job when I retired almost 7 years ago.  They're searching for a replacement and Gen's moving to Philadelphia  :'(
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2015, 11:58:30 AM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2015, 11:59:26 AM »

Since I shouldn't consume bad carbs, I'm left with pickles and nuts.

But give me ice cream any day.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2015, 12:02:32 PM »

Found the Max Reinhardt version of A midsummer night's dream at Big Lots today for $3. It's not the best filmed Shakespeare, but it's so beautiful, I could watch it over and over again.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2015, 12:03:05 PM »

Also found the long version of Once Upon a Time in America.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2015, 12:21:24 PM »

I did indeed get lost on my way to Wright State.  At the intersection of I-75 and 675 there is a sign telling you to leave 75 for Wright State. That was the last sign!

I drove past Wright Patterson Air force Base to Yellow Springs Road.  There, I called Joe Deer, who directed me back to Exit 17 ande the campus. Once there, he directed me to the correct parking lot.  I really enjoyed speaking to the students, and then I sat in on a song preparation class before Joe and I went to lunch. I just got in.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:06:58 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2015, 12:27:26 PM »

TOD: Carbs.

Sounds like tonight's dinner menu...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2015, 12:47:58 PM »

First post after BK, TCB and BK.

Keep that going and we'll be at page 87 in no time!

:))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2015, 12:48:28 PM »

Good question, Michael. There are similar spoilers in It Shoulda Been You, which I've guessed based on reviews and people don't seem upset at knowing those plot twists in advance. But that's a musical, not a mystery.

Speaking of...I just got the CD yesterday.  I'd listened to it by streaming through the library's Freegal account a couple of weeks ago, but had no idea what the story was about.  I just read the synopsis and now I know. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2015, 12:48:57 PM »

It looks like new nrighbors are moving in.  We still haven't met everyone in our building yet.

Hope they're all as nice as you and Keith!

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2015, 01:03:11 PM »

When I saw PIPPIN on Broadway in 1974, John Rubenstein played Pippin and Priscilla Lopez was Fastrada.  In the tour that's in Dayton this week and Cincinnati next, he's Charlemagne and she's Berthe.

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2015, 01:04:51 PM »

And I realized just how little I still have in common with my grantwriter friends when I was gushing about our fun morning at the Schuster Center and several of them said, "What's PIPPIN?"

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2015, 01:22:12 PM »

It looks like new nrighbors are moving in.  We still haven't met everyone in our building yet.

Hope they're all as nice as you and Keith!

Thank you :)

Jane

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2015, 01:25:04 PM »

It turned out the new neighbors were not moving in yet.  Recent, very nice, new neighbors finally had all of their new furniture delivered.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2015, 01:41:10 PM »

And I realized just how little I still have in common with my grantwriter friends when I was gushing about our fun morning at the Schuster Center and several of them said, "What's PIPPIN?"

;D

John G.

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2015, 01:46:59 PM »

Sad. And not too surprising.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 02:08:26 PM »

It's about time to head for DR Ginny's place.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 02:41:16 PM »

It's about time to head for DR Ginny's place.

We want pictures.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2015, 03:22:59 PM »

When I saw PIPPIN on Broadway in 1974, John Rubenstein played Pippin and Priscilla Lopez was Fastrada.  In the tour that's in Dayton this week and Cincinnati next, he's Charlemagne and she's Berthe.

Well, that's pretty cool!  It's come full circle...for you and for them, too.

George

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »

And speaking of "Pippin," I saw an episode of "Who Do You Think You Are?" and they were able to trace Cindy Crawford's family directly all the way back to Charlemagne himself...the father of Pippin (from the musical)! 

George

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »

The "Pepin (Carloman)" in the picture below is a different son of Charlemagne, also named Pepin. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2015, 04:04:37 PM »

Had a chili, cheese, and onion omelet and a bagel, picked up some packages, did some banking and then came home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2015, 04:05:15 PM »

Got a call from dear reader Jeanne - successful surgery but she is stuck home and can't see well enough at this point to post, but she wanted me to let you all know she's fine.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2015, 04:22:42 PM »

I finally went to the local hospital/medical center and registered.  I also had blood taken which I should have done in June. 

Jane

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »

Prior to taking my blood I was quoted a price for the test, something that has never been done before.  I also found out if you don't want to send it through your insurance you can pay a lower price.

Since I know medicare will not cover this test I opted to pay for the reduced rate right then.  Normally I just pay after medicare declines it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up