Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WILL THE MYSTERY GUEST SIGN IN PLEASE?  (Read 5832 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re: WILL THE MYSTERY GUEST SIGN IN PLEASE?
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2015, 09:42:28 AM »

I'm awake, showered, dog walked, and have NOTHING on my calendar today.  However, I don't feel like sitting on my couch all day - so I have tons of things lined up to do.   Let's see how productive I can be!

Matthew

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2015, 09:42:45 AM »

Page Three dance!!!

Go Mambo!

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2015, 10:32:55 AM »

I watched TONS of game shows when I was growing up.  The Match Game, The Joker's Wild, Jeopardy, The Newlywed Game, The Dating Game, $10,000 Pyramid I think it was later the $25,000 Pyramid, Family Feud, Hollywood Squares, Let's Make a Deal, Password, Concentration, The Price is Right, Tic Tac Dough, Truth or Consequences,  The Gong Show, and I'm sure I'm missing a lot of them

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2015, 10:33:44 AM »

No wonder I know so much useless trivia, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »

It's snowing here

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »

I had tickets to The Chew, but that was a trip I ended up cancelling, so I didn't make it to the taping

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2015, 10:39:58 AM »

I was at a taping for one of Brian Boitano's skating specials.  Heart played and Olympic skaters performed.  It was pretty cool. We stayed after it was over so Brian could do his jump over.  It was fun to see how they seamlessly edited in the corrections

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2015, 10:41:54 AM »

I'm making butter pecan ice cream. Yesterday I toasted the pecans in butter and saved the butter(it's not in the ice cream).  Today I put the butter over my French toast and added maple syrup.  It was very yummy.    I'll finish the ice cream today.  It had to sit overnight and chill

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2015, 10:42:17 AM »

Aha!  A guest....please sign in and post

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2015, 10:55:03 AM »

LOL - it's just me, DR Cillaliz!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2015, 11:15:14 AM »

I watched TONS of game shows when I was growing up.  The Match Game, The Joker's Wild, Jeopardy, The Newlywed Game, The Dating Game, $10,000 Pyramid I think it was later the $25,000 Pyramid, Family Feud, Hollywood Squares, Let's Make a Deal, Password, Concentration, The Price is Right, Tic Tac Dough, Truth or Consequences,  The Gong Show, and I'm sure I'm missing a lot of them

Those certainly were the days!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2015, 11:19:23 AM »

LOL - it's just me, DR Cillaliz!

Hi Ginny!

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2015, 11:24:06 AM »

I'm having a lot of fun cooking lately.  It started as a way to save money after my medical bills, then I remembered how much I've always loved to cook.  Don't know if this means I'll gain or lose weight, but I'm even enjoying doing all the prep.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2015, 11:24:50 AM »

The only game show taping I ever went to was Beat The Clock. It was taped in Montreal and I believe syndicated in the USA with Jack Narz as host.

The only game show I was on was Chain Reaction. I won a game and won just under 1000 dollars.

Cool!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »

I still had some marshmallows and coconut left so I made the ambrosia (mandarin orange, pineapple chunks, sour cream, coconut and marshmallows).  I love that salad

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2015, 11:26:12 AM »

Hi George!

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2015, 11:31:10 AM »

TOD - loved watching game shows!  On my first trip to New York in 1967 Mom and I were in the CONCENTRATION audience at 30 Rock.  Even now, I watch JEOPARDY when I can.

And QUIZ SHOW is one of my favorite movies.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ mentioned some more of the games I loved.....summer mornings were great when we could watch the game shows.....or days when we were home from school.

I think there were only a few game shows that I didn't like....The Joker's Wild, High Rollers, Dream House.....and some show where contestants found out if they won the prize by trying to open a couple of HUGE plexiglass doors.....the prize was behind it....if they didn't win, it was locked.... 
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2015, 11:55:22 AM »

I have never been on or in the audience for a game show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2015, 12:23:55 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - eight hours of sleep because I could not stop watching mystery guests.  Speaking of which, does no one actually read the notes anymore, because I'm having trouble processing how only ONE person here mentioned the clip I included.  Seriously, does anyone actually read the notes anymore.  I need a real answer here.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2015, 12:36:58 PM »

Oh!!!  Yes I always read the notes.  The clip was most entertaining.....I am sorry I didn't mention it.

I think I remember when it was broadcast.  Some of the Mystery Guests acted so silly.....but it was nice to see the panel try to figure things out.  I am sure Dorothy combed the columns all week to see who was in town. 

Some of my favorite questions:

Are you appearing in a supper club in Manhattan?

Are you appearing in a picture that just opened or is about to open in one of the Big Houses on Broadway?

George

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »

I am officially ill.  I have a cough, sore throat, headache , very heavy feeling in my chest
So of course I am getting ready for work

I Got It From...Vixmom??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2015, 12:44:13 PM »

I always read the notes.  I don't always comment on them, but I never miss them. :)

George

« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2015, 12:44:25 PM »

And when Vixter was about three my mom and I attended a taping of the Rosie o'donnell show where we were showered with gifts ...stuffed animals, food sAmples etc

That's so cool, Vixmom!

George

« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »

Tonight, my neighbor Roberta is coming by to help me with a Senior Citizen Rent Reduction. Form and I do not agree. I think I have everything I need for this.

Good luck with the form this time, Larry! 

George

« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2015, 12:45:07 PM »

Never saw a game show taped but I was a potential lifeline for a friend who was on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? He didn't use me but he did win $75,000 before he quit.

Wow!  Congrats to your friend!

George

« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2015, 12:46:24 PM »

These are a lot of the game shows that I used to watch.  I don't think I had a favorite, but I liked most of them when I watched them.

George

« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »

I liked The Price Is Right, Truth or Consequences, To Tell the Truth (especially Polly Bergen but NOT Tom Poston, who was such a pill)  I've Got a Secret.

The Movie Game was weird....in that most of the older stars didn't know as much as the younger stars about movies.....Burt Reynolds was great!!  Shelley Winters was on and in the middle of a game, suddenly she looked at the host Larry Blyden and said....  "Oh.....I know who you are now.....you were married to that cute little dancer in The Pajama Game...."  He replied dryly:  "Yes, I used to be...."  Carol Haney and Larry were divorced and in fact Carol had already died by the time the show was on , and Larry was raising their two kids by himself....and then he was killed in car accident in Morrocco...

Ugh....even worse than I thought:

A rabid collector of antiquities, who would often travel to the furtherest corners of the world in pursuit of a find, Blyden was investigating just such a dig in Morocco when he was killed at the age of 49. According to former co-star Dina Merrill he was carjacked by bandits who killed him and took the car and his valuables. Because there was no identification on the body, his family did not learn of the tragedy for several days afterward.

Oh, my goodness!  I had no idea. :(

George

« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2015, 12:47:03 PM »

Hi George!

Hi, Cillaliz!  I guess I didn't ketchup in time.  Spoo.

George

« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2015, 12:47:14 PM »

Well, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up