Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: MY OH SO SENSITIVE SKIN  (Read 15979 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:MY OH SO SENSITIVE SKIN
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2004, 07:14:19 PM »

Very lovely Danise.

I walked away from my computer for a minute.  As I was returning I noticed a photo but couldn't see what it was-Bruce I thought it might have been of you-LOL

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2004, 07:30:49 PM »

I suspect they're selling that 4-song CD at BROOKLYN in lieu of a complete cast album which they recorded the other day. This is the friend who saw the show a couple of weeks ago while it was still in previews and liked it. I suspect having read about it that it won't be my cup of tea, but if she liked it, more power to her. I'm guessing it won't be playing by the time I make it back to NYC next summer.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2004, 07:32:32 PM »

Had the time today to watch a movie but opted to watch CSI - Season 4 episodes instead. Tomorrow I think I'll put in ALEXANDER'S RAGTIME BAND. That should be loads of fun to see again and on DVD for the first time.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2004, 07:43:44 PM »

I suspect they're selling that 4-song CD at BROOKLYN in lieu of a complete cast album which they recorded the other day.

SELLING it?  I'd be very surprised if they were selling it.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2004, 07:47:46 PM »

Matt H I haven't seen ALEXANDER'S RAGTIME BAND in years.  Have fun watching.

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2004, 07:49:56 PM »

SELLING it?  I'd be very surprised if they were selling it.

Well, contrary to popular belief, not everyone has access to the internet in order to download the songs (I believe they are available) nor do some folks who have the internet find themselves at all comfortable in downloading music. It wouldn't be the first time CDs of partial scores were sold at Broadway theaters. And wouldn't you think the producers would try ANYTHING to make some money on this turkey?

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2004, 07:50:58 PM »

Matt H I haven't seen ALEXANDER'S RAGTIME BAND in years.  Have fun watching.

Thank you, DR Jane. I am a big, big fan of both Tyrone Power and Alice Faye, and I've always loved this movie but haven't seen it in awhile myself.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2004, 07:59:37 PM »

DR WEL sent me that sampler CD - and I listened to a couple of the tracks.  I was not overwhelmed.  

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

François de Paris

« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2004, 08:02:51 PM »

Bruce if you are still confused, look at François’s quote of Panni’s post, then go back and look at her modified post.

Well... you see... I plead "guilty"!
Panni did write "flag"... I'm the one, when quotting her, who dropped the "L"!... as a prank! ::)

I think Noël did get the joke, as well as panni, i'm sure!

5:02 am here.... in fact... 4:02 am, becOZ of that stupid daylight savings time! I get to work one more hour unpaid!

Thank you Danise for the pic of that beautiful flower! :-*

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2004, 08:08:21 PM »

It wouldn't be the first time CDs of partial scores were sold at Broadway theaters. And wouldn't you think the producers would try ANYTHING to make some money on this turkey?

I'm unaware that CDs of partial scores have ever been sold at Broadway theatres.  If someone knows of examples of this, I'd love to be enlightened.

All I know is that sometimes a new show will give away a CD of three or four songs, free, in order to promote the show or its recording.

This week I did listen to the 4-song CD of the upcoming Broadway musical, All Shook Up.  And today I found out a friend of mine is in it.  But I won't be attending.  I feel if I buy a ticket to one of these musicals made up of old hit songs, I'm putting money in the hands of the enemy.  A new musical should be just that: new - with living songwriters creating songs especially for the characters and situations the book writer is creating.  Uncreative corporate types are putting together shows based on songs that we've all known for years and this turns my stomach.  Call that a "new" musical?  How dare they!
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2004, 09:14:13 PM »

Good evening, all.

Lovely photo of your flowers, DR Danise. I'm so glad a few of them survived the hurricane.

And Tom, I am really enjoying your vacation photos. Thank you, BK, for making this photo sharing possible on this nifty site.

Here in Arizona, we don't do daylight savings, which is a good thing, because I think it would just confuse me.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 09:15:53 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2004, 09:22:34 PM »

A pleasure to share the photgraphs with an appreciative audience Dear Reader Laura.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2004, 09:24:15 PM »

Daylight Savings started here this morning. Now I have to try and calculate the time difference between th West Coast and OZ again. It's nearly 3.30pm Sunday here!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2004, 09:26:42 PM »

Only about half my photographs were taken with a digital camera and thus easier to share (despite the fact that it took me ages to work out how to reduce the size). My final film of photographs should be processed by now - guess I may be scanning photgraphs of France for the rest of the year - if people still have the interest.

It really is such a great feature of the site that we can indeed share so much.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2004, 09:28:06 PM »

How long is it until new notes time BK? I am about to leave to collect my last film - probably mostly of Monet's garden.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2004, 09:31:26 PM »

See you tomorrow François. Thanks again for the links to the most beautiful villages of France.
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2004, 09:37:14 PM »

DR Jrand,

You might enjoy this!?!

http://www.philsears.com/autograp521.htm

François de Paris

« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2004, 09:49:48 PM »

Hasta manana, Tom de Oz!

I guess Halloween is turning this place into a Sleepy Hollow!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2004, 10:07:54 PM »

New notes up at midnight - the old midnight, as I don't change the clocks until morning.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2004, 11:25:15 PM »

Good evening!

Sorry for being errant and truant all day, but I also slept in this morning too, and I had just enough time to hop in the shower before I had to get in my car for my drive to theater...  But it was a very good sleep.

We had a picnic/cookout between shows today.  There was LOTS of food.  So much that they're going to have another picnic/cookout tomorrow between shows so that we can finish off the rest of the burgers, hot dogs, chicken breasts, sausage, salmon fillets, etc.  Oh, and the "hit" of the cookout were these shrimp that were wrapped in bacon that had chunks of cream cheese and jalapeno slices wrapped up with them too!  Sooo good!  And the shrimp were big too!  Somebody splurged!

I took a sort-of nap in the greenroom before the second show...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2004, 11:44:54 PM »

The second show was interesting... in a fun way.  There was a very happy audience member sitting right in the front row.  I couldn't see her, but I - and the rest of the pit - could hear her clapping and laughing throughout the evening.  And she clapped and laughed at everything.  And she even joined in singing the final "Nothing" at the end of "Nothing".  The whole pit - including the conductor - just started getting the giggles each time we heard her.  We kept thinking she would tire out eventually, but, no, just like the Energizer Bunny...  I'm all for enthusiastic audience members, but when every witty line of dialogue is met with the same somewhat over-enthusiastic reponse, well...  -A couple of the band members started making the "drinking" gesture.. I even offered a roll of duct tape to the conductor... ;)  I can't imagine what they were going through on stage.  And she obviously knew the show too since she would start clapping at least three measures before each song ended... Now that was truly annoying.  And from some of the post-show reports from various people, she was quite her own show herself.  Ah, well... At least it kept everyone awake. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2004, 11:49:29 PM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.  We're talkin' about Hungarian Fags.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2004, 11:51:41 PM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.  We're talkin' about Hungarian Fags.

Where's TCB when you need him?!?!?!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up