Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 65  (Read 3486 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 65
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 06:33:45 AM »

Great hearing about the show last night and seeing the lovely photos.  The Kritzerland shows now qualify for Social Security!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 06:34:23 AM »

Page Two.

I hope DR TCB has fun at the waterfront today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 06:34:58 AM »

The news lady was just walking across the studio and fell down.....maybe that will teach them to sit down when they do the news!

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 06:35:40 AM »

Yikes!  Which station or channel, DR Jrand65?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 06:40:36 AM »

Yes DR JEANNE - that is typical Mooresville.  That corner is in the middle of town, and the buildings go in each direction for about two blocks on each side of the street....then the houses start.

Here's a smaller photo coming to the intersection from the south.....you can see the video store in the upper right corner.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 06:48:29 AM »

So, I've been spending some time with 1776 -- listening, reading, playing -- and this truly has to be one of the more complex and busiest of orchestrations.  I think that neither the original Broadway cast nor London cast recordings was up to capturing its fullness and complexity.

Ya got that right!  The final cue "Church Bells" is a real mess: all three recordings - OBC, OLC, and soundtrack - all have differences and Eddie Sauter's full score is really vague. Joshie and I are still stymied by it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 06:51:28 AM »

We also think that the rental materials, which may be both a re-orchestration for a smaller London orchestra (22 players) and the national tour, has its own set of problems.  Encores! will present the original orchestration for the first time since the original show closed in 1972.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2016, 06:58:22 AM »

Joshie and I are still stymied by it.

I trust you and Joshie are reasonably satisfied with any executive decisions you've had to make?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2016, 07:16:35 AM »

Joshie and I are still stymied by it.

I trust you and Joshie are reasonably satisfied with any executive decisions you've had to make?

The jury is still out on several.

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 07:46:02 AM »

I went to my aaccount and found out I have 7 hours left on the book.

Turn the wifi off until you finish the book.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 08:06:36 AM »

Better get crackin' on that book, Jane!

;D

Jane

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2016, 08:09:27 AM »

I am letting the book time out and began reading a different library book.  In a couple of days I will begin the book that expires today since I can check it out again today With my other account.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2016, 08:10:44 AM »

My favorite review of Seth Ridetsky's new musical DISASTER: It's possible to imagine a mood that may only be satisfied by a couple of hours of watching really good performers having a lark with really bad material

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2016, 08:13:11 AM »

Happy Wednesday.

It's a wet one here in Oakland.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2016, 08:13:21 AM »

Turn the wifi off until you finish the book.

But then I would not be able to post at night or in the morning, like now ;)

Fortunately I planned ahead by putting a hold on both accounts.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2016, 08:14:17 AM »

Last night, I was ready for bed at 9 p.m.

And thus, I went to bed.

And it was all I could do to drag myself out of bed at 5:40 a.m.

I'm usually up anywhere between 4:45 a.m. and 5 a.m.

I blame the C-PAP.  I'm sleeping SO WELL!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2016, 08:14:51 AM »

I am about to run out of battery on my Nook since I did not sleep well last night.

Jane

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2016, 08:16:26 AM »

DR Ron,  I envy your sleep and am glad the C-PAP is working so well.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2016, 08:21:57 AM »

Re:  "Downton Abbey" finale -- POSSIBLE SPOILAGE if you have NOT seen the finale

Allow me to chime in and say I was pleased with it.  It does seem, however, that quite a lot was addressed in that final episode.

Since none of it was bad news and none of it had anyone at odds with someone else, it was a refreshing change of pace.

I suspected much of what was going to happen before it happened....as I was watching, that is.  I knew that Mrs.Crawley would get access to Lord Merton with the Dowager's help.  I knew that Thomas would come back to replace Mr. Carson.  I knew that the Bates' baby would be born during the show. 

I guess I knew all of that because that is what it would take to tie up all the loose strings.

Happily for me, I watched the show as it aired.  The BAFTA program honoring the show was recorded on my DVR and not watched until last evening.

I am so VERY GLAD I didn't watch it before seeing the finale.  Half that audience were cast and crew of the show.  It was a love fest FOR the cast and crew.  I found it a bit "twee" and a lot of the actors tried their best to let us know they are just "ordinary" folks and not like their characters on the show.

As for me, I like a little "mystery".   I know they're playing roles...that they're acting.  I just don't, necessarily, want to see them acting silly on a stage or in an audience.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:25:01 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2016, 08:26:10 AM »

There!  I've said it, and I feel better for having done so.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2016, 08:26:46 AM »

DR Ron,  I envy your sleep and am glad the C-PAP is working so well.

It's simply amazing to me how I let so much time go by before addressing this.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2016, 08:27:46 AM »

I am about to run out of battery on my Nook since I did not sleep well last night.

Is your battery always fully charged when you feel well?

Jane

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2016, 08:34:07 AM »

Is your battery always fully charged when you feel well?

I often go to 50% to 75%.  On a good night I might only go down 15-25%.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2016, 08:34:33 AM »

There!  I've said it, and I feel better for having done so.

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2016, 08:44:44 AM »

Reasons to "unfriend" someone on Facebook:

I've unfriended a few folks on Facebook over the years, and I've just recently unfriended a person for a reason completely different from any I've done before.

1.  I've unfriended people who slipped past my radar and revealed themselves to be completely obstinate, nearly sociopathic, individuals who criticize everything and everyone.  These are spotted rather easily and losing them is also done easily.

2.  I've unfriended someone I knew in the 1970s when he worked with me in the Navy.  I thought he was kind of a jerk then, but 40 years or so had passed, and I was glad to reach out to him.  Things went well for a couple of months and then one day he just lit into me over having "an opinion" he did not share.  There was nothing personal about him or me.  I concluded that "once a jerk, always a jerk" is likely a sound adage.

3.  I've unfriended several individuals who sought my friendship because of things I'd posted on a variety of subjects.  I'm always willing to include, and to be included by, others in my daily reading and posting who share similar tastes.  BUT...a few of these folks turn into ravening loons....they suddenly disagree on something rather inconsequential (such as my personal preference for a composer) and they attack my opinion rather than just positing a different opinion.  Then they won't let it go but continue following me around and attacking everything.  They even send me private messages telling me how wrong I am and listing their "sound" reasons for converting me to their way of thinking.   Those people do not last very long on my Friends list.

4.  I unfriended a longtime friend who, one evening, was posting while he was drinking.  He solicited opinions from his friends on who they might support in the next election.  When I posted, he became ugly and confrontational.  I dropped him on the spot and will not respond to anything he posts anywhere (I still see him post because we share friends whose posts we both respond to).

5.  I unfriended another longtime friend (and, I thought, one of the all-around good guys in this world) who was drinking while he posted.   He became absolutely belligerent when I posted an opinion he did not share about a film score.  I dropped him immediately, as well.

(I grew up with an alcoholic father. I abhor alcohol-induced belligerence.   Anyone who is drinking should never post on Facebook while doing so!!!)

6.  Yesterday, I unfriended someone I admire and respect.  My dealings with this person have always been civil and supportive of each other's opinion.   Once, last week, this person wrote something political to which I agreed and shared a few meme's supporting the viewpoint being discussed.  I received a private message letting me know how much my friendship meant but that the memes were NOT what was wanted in the discussion and had been removed.    Yesterday, this person posted a video.  I believe that in so doing, an invitation had been issued to discuss what we saw.  I made a comment about the "star" of the video.  I found out a bit later that my comment was NOT what was wanted in the discussion...that the intent was not to make observations about the star but to appreciate the aging star's appearance regardless of what I think of it.  Oh...that hadn't been clear at all to me.  I simply commented on the one thing that was apparent to me (and a couple of others who agreed with me) when watching the video  The star did not look like herself any longer, probably as a result of cosmetic surgery.   At that point, I realized that control, rather than sharing differing opinions, was all that mattered in this case.

Oh, well.  I unfriended so that I would not be tempted to share, and possibly offend by doing so, anything on any post made by this person in the future.  While I continue to respect and admire this person,  I do not care to have anyone tell me what is relevant when I post a thought to a post.  Facebook is a social media...what you put out there to your friends is subject to differing views...not just the ones you hold.  It's not a "controlled" media.

Live and learn, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:56:39 AM by Ron Pulliam »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2016, 08:47:49 AM »

My favorite review of Seth Ridetsky's new musical DISASTER: It's possible to imagine a mood that may only be satisfied by a couple of hours of watching really good performers having a lark with really bad material

Haven't seen them yet. Thumbs up or down?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Kate

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2016, 08:48:48 AM »

Good Morning All:

Glad that my prayers were answered and Kevin arrived safely!!!

Kate

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2016, 08:49:24 AM »

TOD:

BK,
What is your greatest passion in life???

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2016, 08:52:30 AM »

And thus, I went to bed.

Great news. When the power when out last night, so did my machine. I did not sleep well as a result. I really need that machine.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2016, 08:55:01 AM »

And thus, I went to bed.

Great news. When the power when out last night, so did my machine. I did not sleep well as a result. I really need that machine.

You need a manual version...and a gerbil on a wheel to keep it going when the power goes out!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up