Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY RUNNER'S SPRINGS FORWARD  (Read 8606 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE DAY RUNNER'S SPRINGS FORWARD
« on: March 21, 2016, 12:07:12 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes sprang forward, and now it is time for you to post until the sprung cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE DAY RUNNER'S SPRINGS FORWARD
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 12:07:51 AM »

And the word of the day is: RENASCENT!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 12:12:53 AM »

First post after BK!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 12:28:28 AM »

Gratuitous Post #3!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 02:38:20 AM »

A tax-office day today!

Michael

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 02:41:07 AM »

Good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 02:44:26 AM »

Sutter's Bay

ABC
The comedic adventures of people who inhabit Sutter's Bay as small NEw England Community. Interesting large cast.
Sally Kellerman, Alice Ghostly, Frank Cady, Kathleen Freeman, Frank Bonner
Never stop dreaming.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 03:20:03 AM »

Good morning, everyone!

We have had some wild weather extremes here in the past few days, from rain to extreme sun to a dusting of snow.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 03:21:06 AM »

We spent the weekend binge-watching the final season of Downton Abbey. We just have the last two-hour episode to go.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 03:38:09 AM »

Good morning, all!  I have physical therapy first thing this morning, then a trip to my pharmacy before I stop at the optical place to inquire what's going on with my new glasses. I expected a call on Friday that they were ready.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 03:38:34 AM »

Thank you for the vibes for my friend.  I hope things go well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 03:38:58 AM »

DR vixmom, you do not get enough sleep.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 03:39:45 AM »

Happy 331st, Johann!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 03:43:26 AM »

DR ChasSmith, you are right: learning Finale is a bitch and this old dog is not learning the tricks fast enough.  The one thing i've learned is that a lot of these young computer wiz kids are good at using it but completely incompetent about finessing the product into art.  I believe that printed music should be as attractive to the eye as it is to the ear, and I see too many pieces of music and band parts that look like complete crap.  Some of what's being printed by publishers these days is an insult to the engravers who produced art on the page 100 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:39:44 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 04:40:06 AM »

Time to prepare for departure.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 05:10:20 AM »

Enjoying a cup of coffee and my heating pad while easing into the day....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 05:11:45 AM »

We had about three inches of snow but it has now stopped.  It was warm enough the past few days that the snow melted where it hit pavement.

vixmom

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 05:12:21 AM »

So no need to clear the driveway

ChasSmith

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 05:33:18 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 05:34:38 AM »

We had about three inches of snow but it has now stopped.  It was warm enough the past few days that the snow melted where it hit pavement.

Yes!!  The grass and trees and branches have a complete midwinter style covering, but nothing -- I repeat, NOTHING -- stuck to any part of the driveway. 

It's ... an Easter Miracle!

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 06:08:27 AM »

DR ChasSmith, you are right: learning Finale is a bitch and this old dog is not learning the tricks fast enough.  The one thing i've learned is that a lot of these young computer wiz kids are good at using it but completely incompetent about finessing the product into art.  I believe that printed music should be as attractive to the eye as it is to the ear, and I see too many pieces of music and band parts that look like complete crap.  Some of what's being printed by publishers these days is an insult to the engravers who produced art on the page 100 years ago.

DR Elmore, that was a welcome paragraph on this Monday morning!  I've meant to bring it up on any number of occasions over the past few years.  This has annoyed and saddened me for some time, and it gets ever worse.  As in any kind of publishing, there's an art to general layout and appearance and a multitude of details, and very few are practicing it. 

In show scores, which I'm mostly familiar with in this regard, forget about it.  MTI is a major offender.  Their long-needed redone P/C scores, e.g. The Music Man, are a godsend, but the layouts and notation decisions in many of them look like raw beginners efforts.

Ironically, the Finale folks themselves talk about this.  In the latest newsletter they made a few observations. using the "house styles" of classical piano music publishers to illustrate, that instantly resonated with me.  Hell, some of the music that I haven't been able to make myself get rid of is partially due to its pure physical beauty.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 06:09:19 AM »

I am pleased to announce ROBINSON & RAFT,  the second of two (2) new stage plays in THE HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS collection.

Edward G. Robinson (LITTLE CAESAR) and George Raft (SCARFACE) may have been Hollywood's premier "tough guys," but off-screen they were totally unalike...and their personalities often clashed.  Robinson was a man of culture, who owned a magnificent art collection, while Raft's interests were baseball, boxing, horse racing and women.

As the play begins, both actors' careers are at a low ebb.  Robinson has been affected by the Hollywood blacklist, while Raft's former Hollywood associates have pulled away from him because of his underworld connections and the Beverly Hills assassination of his friend, mobster "Bugsy" Siegel.

The script of the three (3) character play is available in both paperback and Kindle editions.  Production licensing rights are available.

http://www.amazon.com/Robinson-Raft-Play-Hollywood-Legends/dp/1530387647/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1458253693&sr=1-2&keywords=robinson+%26+raft
You can dream…or you can do.

ChasSmith

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 06:15:14 AM »

Great notes again today...even if BK finds himself caught in a Groundhog Day loop upon entering the Playboy Mansion!  :D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2016, 06:17:59 AM »

Good morning, all.

Happy Monday vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 06:22:31 AM »

You're right, Vixmom, I was never a teenage girl. And I think it's too late to become one.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2016, 07:40:02 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Richard and I are taking it easy today because the older we get the harder those Lima Sundays become.  His "retirement" can't come soon enough...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2016, 07:51:01 AM »

Yes!!  The grass and trees and branches have a complete midwinter style covering, but nothing -- I repeat, NOTHING -- stuck to any part of the driveway. 

My favorite snow mornings.

Jane

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2016, 07:54:17 AM »

.  Hell, some of the music that I haven't been able to make myself get rid of is partially due to its pure physical beauty.

I think that is a perfect reason to keep them.

Jane

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2016, 07:58:24 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Richard and I are taking it easy today because the older we get the harder those Lima Sundays become.  His "retirement" can't come soon enough...

Did he set a date?

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2016, 08:02:57 AM »

Did he set a date?

Sometime around July 1...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up