Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOW OFF YOUR BODY  (Read 5013 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: SHOW OFF YOUR BODY
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2016, 07:17:31 AM »

Well, the reviews for BRIGHT STAR were much poorer than I expected, but the YIMES gave it a very positive review. I wish it a good run.

Weird set of reviews, indeed.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 07:17:38 AM »

Y'all come back now.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2016, 07:17:43 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2016, 07:18:44 AM »

Well, John G., we can at least say that the "typo" police are vigilant this morning.

Yup. (Scratch, spit.)
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2016, 07:42:49 AM »

RIP Earl Hamner, creator (and narrator) of THE WALTONS, based on his own childhood experiences. The character of John-Boy Walton was based on Hamner. Amongst his many other writing credits were eight episodes of THE TWILIGHT ZONE. He was 92.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2016, 07:49:58 AM »

I think I'm up, but may not be.  I don't think I slept two hours.  Just too much in the cranium. 

Kate

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2016, 07:54:40 AM »

Good Morning All:

Today is Good Friday.  It is the most solemn Holy Day for Christians.

By this we know love,
that He laid down
His life for us.

ISAIAH 53:5

Kate

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2016, 07:56:27 AM »

TOD:

Bobby Darin (That's All) CD

One of the best!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2016, 07:56:47 AM »

Last night, one of the set-ups I wrote was for a song Paul Gordon wrote called The 1962 Dodgers.  Very pretty and touching, but when we did the read-through it just didn't work and I was ready to cut it, along with the other two songs that weren't working.  One of those two I wasn't willing to go to bat for because it was just too diffuse, didn't make its points clearly and was seven minutes long - at seven minutes you'd better be writing a three-act play - my seven-minute song, which is the final song in the show, is just that - a three-act play.  I was able to get the author of the second song to tell me why she wrote it, because the title of the song is more of a metaphor than literal, but because our show is about LA the audience would immediately think it was literal - so I was able to write a set-up based on her personal experience that caused her to write it, and now it works fine. 

So I asked Paul how his song functioned in the unproduced musical it was written for.  When he explained it, then it made sense to me, especially two lines toward the end that no one could understand the meaning of.  So, again I wrote a set-up based on the ideas in the original set-up, but making it different for our purposes, and taking out the entire reason the song functions in the show.  But the two lines that no one understood were specifically about how the song functions in the show, i.e. a writer trying to come up with the hook to a story he's trying to write.  So, I asked Paul if he'd rewrite those two lines and this morning he did and now the song really works well. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2016, 07:57:25 AM »

I'm a Jew and I hope it will still be a good Friday :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2016, 08:00:36 AM »

And I won't be around this week I am off to Tampa

I'm glad your evening went well.  Enjoy your week in Tampa.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2016, 08:04:05 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  I'll be E & T during the middle of the day because Becky and I are trying a new (to us) restaurant - Cozy's Cottage.  Richard and I drove by there the other day and he saw their sign that says "A Quaint Bistro."  He said any place that describes itself as "quaint" is not for husbands!

;D. Looking at the photos I think he can handle the "quaint" part if you like the food.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2016, 08:06:00 AM »

I did not expect to be the fist post after DR TCB.

A fist post? Sounds painful.

It does, but then posting from bed using my Nook is painful, but for my shouler, not my fist ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:11:20 AM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2016, 08:06:36 AM »

Well, John G., we can at least say that the "typo" police are vigilant this morning.

;D

Jane

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2016, 08:12:45 AM »

RIP Earl Hamner, creator (and narrator) of THE WALTONS, based on his own childhood experiences. The character of John-Boy Walton was based on Hamner. Amongst his many other writing credits were eight episodes of THE TWILIGHT ZONE. He was 92.

I doubled checked my posts to confirm I had posted the news yesterday.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2016, 08:16:59 AM »

I did not list his credits which was a nice addition :)

Jane

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2016, 08:19:36 AM »

Before The Walton's there was Spencers Mountain.

ChasSmith

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2016, 08:28:02 AM »

Not a fraud situation, but corporate and institutional fu mix-ups, of which I've suffered a few in my day, continue to thrive.

I just opened an envelope from the Connecticut DMV.  It contained a bill for $52.50 for a registration renewal of my motorboat.

The only niggling problem is that I don't own, and have never owned, any such thing.  I have dutifully mailed the whole thing back to them with a little love note scribbled on it in red Sharpie.

What really REALLY gets me about this kind of mistake is that it's for a RENEWAL, not somebody's new purchase.  How in the name of all that is holy, in this holy week, does this crap happen?

ChasSmith

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2016, 08:33:44 AM »

This is my second such experience.  A long while back, probably a good fifteen years ago, I started getting late notices for the property taxes on a car that wasn't mine.  After a few notes sent to them did nothing to alleviate the situation (which means today's note might not, either), I had to drive to a town some sixty miles away to tell the county clerk or some such, in person, that I wasn't their guy.  They finally fixed it right there on the spot, explaining that when they can't locate a person who has probably moved or whatever, they

(get ready for it)

start Googling names and send the notices out to anyone who "might" be their man.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2016, 08:43:40 AM »

:o

Kate

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2016, 10:05:51 AM »

I loved the Waltons!!!

Jane

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2016, 11:46:09 AM »

So did we. 

John G.

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »

And now for something completely diverting: Chita Rivera sings All I Care About Is Love:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/STAGE-TUBE-Chita-Rivera-Croons-All-I-Care-About-Is-Love-at-BCEFAs-BROADWAY-BACKWARDS-20160324#

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2016, 12:07:03 PM »

And the wonderful Emily Skinner singing "Hey, There"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFetWqKVvi0
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2016, 12:19:10 PM »

Agree, about the abominable frequency of these credit card frauds and the like.  And it's impossible to believe that the banks can't make the recovery process more responsive and efficient.

Oh, I'm sure that they can, but it's probably not in their (financial) interest to do so. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2016, 12:19:19 PM »

Depsite a massive rainstorm and a tornado watch the reading of Harvey Fierstein's Safe Sex went very well

That's great, Michael!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2016, 12:34:42 PM »

DR CHAS SMITH I'm done with your motorboat - should I send it back to you?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2016, 02:08:39 PM »

I have been slightly obsessed with adult coloring books. I have a large calendar and a daily calendar that I had been coloring every day. But it was aggravating my shoulder/neck muscle that was hurting. So i had to stop for 3 weeks.  I have done 10 minutes a day for the past 2 days and it didn't hurt. So hopefully I will be able to color more soon.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2016, 02:21:29 PM »

So, I got to the UPS Store to get my books.  Three boxes are there even though there are four tracking numbers they sent me - so the softcovers of the new books were there - you know, they're free and I don't care about them - my four books that I ordered on top of the new one are there - but the hardcovers of the new book are not there.  So, home I come and I cannot get anyone to call me about this horror show.  I can see in the e-mail they sent me that two of the four tracking numbers are identical.  I call the actual book shipping people and am on hold for forty-five minutes - they actually never answer the phone.  My book person doesn't call back.  My book order person doesn't call back.  So, I finally call the general line, get some doofus on the phone who sees there's a problem but can't help, so he puts me through to a supervisor - a really sweet gal.  She sees what's happened - they didn't ship the hardcovers the same day - they went two days later and won't arrive till Tuesday (hopefully!).  Of course, the helper is gone by then, off to get married for a week.  She sends me the tracking numbers but acknowledges that something got screwed up somewhere because all the books were supposed to ship at the same damn time and didn't.  I think they sat on them for two days without realizing they should have gone out.  Then she drops another interesting factoid on me - they could have sent this to a branch of their printer in - California instead of Pennsylvania, and I would have had them a week ago.  She was very apologetic and told me she'd speak to everyone involved and she gave me twenty-five free books for the annoyance.  If only everyone were like her.  So, now it's Tuesday morning.  What I'm going to have the helper do is pre-address all the priority envelopes and postage them and then I can just insert the book and ship them out on Tuesday, because I certainly am not going to wait until she gets back.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2016, 02:29:46 PM »

Do it right the first time used to be the motto......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up