Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOW OFF YOUR BODY  (Read 5016 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: SHOW OFF YOUR BODY
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2016, 02:52:50 PM »

Page 3
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:58:44 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2016, 02:53:04 PM »

I'm glad I stopped by when I did.  We were stuck.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2016, 02:53:21 PM »

3HREE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2016, 02:54:36 PM »

We had a potluck farewell for two employees who are retiring.  We had a nice turnout and there was quite a bit of food, including my potato salad and my green beans (both of which are staples at our potlucks and which people specifically ask me to bring).

That said, I'm taking home more than half of each dish.   And I made a lot.  I'll be eating potato salad and green beans until hell won't have me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2016, 02:59:36 PM »

It's a gloriously beautiful day here in Oakland.   It sings of Spring! Spring! Spring!

Things are supposed to be a bit cooler this weekend with rain possible Sunday into Monday.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2016, 03:09:27 PM »

(If I've said this before, I heave a heavy sigh)

I recently installed a new region-free, zone-free Blu-ray player made by Sony.  It differs from the LG I have by virtue of the fact that it will play some discs the LG won't play without some mysterious adjustment I have been unable to figure out how to make. (I made inquiries about this at Home Theater Forum in a special section on equipment.  My only respondent was a fellow who has the same unit, but had no ability whatever to tell me in plain terms -- so simple that there could be no misunderstanding -- what I needed to do.  Instead, he was just "snippy" with me).

At any rate, the LG is several years old and has been much-used, so buying a new one with more facile operations was a step in the right direction.

One of my European discs that I could not play on the LG has now played for me twice on the Sony -- it's Stanley Donen's "Two for the Road" starring Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney, William Daniels and Eleanor Bronn.

It's absolutely gorgeous.  Love this film.  Have loved it since I first saw it at the Carolina Theater back in late 1960s.  One of Henry Mancini's most exquisite scores adorns this film.

It was worth the expense of buying the new machine JUST to see this film in this manner!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:11:06 PM by Ron Pulliam »

George

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2016, 03:29:20 PM »

This is my second such experience.  A long while back, probably a good fifteen years ago, I started getting late notices for the property taxes on a car that wasn't mine.  After a few notes sent to them did nothing to alleviate the situation (which means today's note might not, either), I had to drive to a town some sixty miles away to tell the county clerk or some such, in person, that I wasn't their guy.  They finally fixed it right there on the spot, explaining that when they can't locate a person who has probably moved or whatever, they

(get ready for it)

start Googling names and send the notices out to anyone who "might" be their man.

:o What in the world...??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2016, 04:20:56 PM »

Shipoopi!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2016, 04:24:12 PM »

I am home from a long day, but a really fun one.  The sitzprobe went well and the orchestra sounded great.  I like the cast quite a lot. John Larroquette will be a fine Franklin, I think. It was great to see the lovely Christiane Noll, who has a 7 year-old daughter! I think when I last saw her, she was expecting.  She'll be a wonderful Abigail, and Santino will be a good Adams.  I liked Bryce Pinkham in "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder," and he's heading "Cool, Considerate Men."  Alexander Gemignani, whom I last saw when we did the "Merry widow" concert at Trinity Church" is doing "Molasses To Rum," and it''s really good.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2016, 04:24:59 PM »

I'm ready to chill out.  My body is tired and my mind no longer works.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2016, 04:30:52 PM »

I'm ready to chill out.  My body is tired and my mind no longer works.

Time to regenerate!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2016, 04:42:27 PM »

I have been slightly obsessed with adult coloring books. I have a large calendar and a daily calendar that I had been coloring every day. But it was aggravating my shoulder/neck muscle that was hurting. So i had to stop for 3 weeks.  I have done 10 minutes a day for the past 2 days and it didn't hurt. So hopefully I will be able to color more soon.

I have a few friends obsessed with coloring.  Vibes you can color more without pain.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »

DR Ron what are the ingredients for your potato salad? 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2016, 04:47:53 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2016, 04:52:42 PM »

My acupuncturist was able to take me early today, so I left there an hour earlier than usual and headed to the bank. I was there over an hour, but I think all has been taken care of: new account set up, new checks ordered, cashier's check to pay the rent since I may not have the new checks by then. Now I must recall all the sites where my account number is embedded. Oy. But it should all be settled soon.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2016, 04:57:43 PM »

I agree that banks could--and should--do more. US Bank's fraud department takes calls seven days a week, which surprised me. But I didn't sense any urgency from them. I'd like to see them let customers know what they're doing to protect their customers and what customers should do when something like this happens. Be more proactive and make a bigger deal about it. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2016, 05:04:26 PM »

Not a fraud situation, but corporate and institutional fu mix-ups, of which I've suffered a few in my day, continue to thrive.

I just opened an envelope from the Connecticut DMV.  It contained a bill for $52.50 for a registration renewal of my motorboat.

The only niggling problem is that I don't own, and have never owned, any such thing.  I have dutifully mailed the whole thing back to them with a little love note scribbled on it in red Sharpie.

What really REALLY gets me about this kind of mistake is that it's for a RENEWAL, not somebody's new purchase.  How in the name of all that is holy, in this holy week, does this crap happen?

I understand how errors occur. What I don't understand is why they aren't fixed promptly. I have to think it's due to apathy on the part of the employees. And the problem seems to be getting worse.

KevinH

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2016, 05:08:56 PM »

Good evening!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2016, 05:10:00 PM »

I'm ready for a little nap.

TTFN.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2016, 05:12:44 PM »

Now I must recall all the sites where my account number is embedded. Oy. But it should all be settled soon.

Good luck with that!

KevinH

« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2016, 05:15:04 PM »

KevinH

« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2016, 05:17:23 PM »

And the wonderful Emily Skinner singing "Hey, There"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFetWqKVvi0

I enjoyed that too.  Thanks, DR John G!

KevinH

« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2016, 05:21:19 PM »

(If I've said this before, I heave a heavy sigh)

I recently installed a new region-free, zone-free Blu-ray player made by Sony.  It differs from the LG I have by virtue of the fact that it will play some discs the LG won't play without some mysterious adjustment I have been unable to figure out how to make. (I made inquiries about this at Home Theater Forum in a special section on equipment.  My only respondent was a fellow who has the same unit, but had no ability whatever to tell me in plain terms -- so simple that there could be no misunderstanding -- what I needed to do.  Instead, he was just "snippy" with me).

At any rate, the LG is several years old and has been much-used, so buying a new one with more facile operations was a step in the right direction.

One of my European discs that I could not play on the LG has now played for me twice on the Sony -- it's Stanley Donen's "Two for the Road" starring Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney, William Daniels and Eleanor Bronn.

It's absolutely gorgeous.  Love this film.  Have loved it since I first saw it at the Carolina Theater back in late 1960s.  One of Henry Mancini's most exquisite scores adorns this film.

It was worth the expense of buying the new machine JUST to see this film in this manner!

Speaking of Blu-rays, my friend from the Netherlands gave me a DVD of Andre Rieu, when I met him in Germany.  I tried to play it on my Blu-ray but it wouldn't play.  I then tried my smaller TV with the built-in DVD player and it worked.  It's a Polaroid TV.

KevinH

« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2016, 05:21:43 PM »

Where has March gone?

KevinH

« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2016, 05:22:34 PM »

DR Kate's and my niece will turn 38 tomorrow.  How is that possible?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2016, 05:24:50 PM »

Such a headache from that whole book deal.  Got another chart from the chart guy and we did all our fixes and that now goes to Lanny.  With the addition of Born Too Late I think I have nine songs in the show out of the twenty-one or so we're using.

George

« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2016, 05:42:02 PM »

Well, I must be going.  One of my staff (Pam) is turning 70 on Sunday!  Her daughter and son have planned a surprise birthday party for her at the local restaurant, Falls Terrace.  I told the stage manager for "The Credeaux Canvas" that I might be late, but someone was able to fill in (the director will do it if I don't get there in time).  As for that, tonight is opening night!  I will get there, just not at regular call time.

Until later!

Jane

« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »

What a nice surprise.  I'm glad you can be late for the theater.  Have a good evening.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2016, 06:59:55 PM »

I did something I rarely do.  I returned an unfinished book to the library.  I am now, finally, reading "Murder at the Hollywood Division".

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2016, 07:45:38 PM »

Is anybody home??
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up