Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE HEARTBURN  (Read 2928 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE HEARTBURN
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 07:42:41 AM »

Dear BK:   I'm thinking Diet Coke is not a solution to your reflux angst.  I'm thinking it's something that contributes to it.

I think Bruce has reduced his consumption of diet coke; D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 07:44:11 AM »

Dear BK:   I'm thinking Diet Coke is not a solution to your reflux angst.  I'm thinking it's something that contributes to it.

He wrote: "I’m also diligently only having one and a half Diet Cokes a day".

For acid reflux issues, that's one and half Diet Cokes too many.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 07:47:55 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Recuperative Vibes for the sister of DR Ginny!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 07:50:34 AM »

I ordered from an Amazon vender yesterday a DVD that I would swear was priced at $9.95.  I was invoiced for $119.00!

I have spent the last 45 minutes on line and on phone about this issue.  30 minutes was spent trying to find the means to contact Customer Service.  It used to be much easier.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 07:54:46 AM »

I absolutely agree and don't know how he can drink any at all.  I also learned the hard way to SLOWLY give up caffeine drinks.  I went through withdrawal giving up Pepsi and had to do it slowly. 

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 08:07:18 AM »

I absolutely agree and don't know how he can drink any at all.  I also learned the hard way to SLOWLY give up caffeine drinks.  I went through withdrawal giving up Pepsi and had to do it slowly. 

I did it early on in my life when I was stationed in Italy.   I bought and consumed mineral water (the sparkling bubbly variety).  After that, my tastes changed from cokes/sprites/seven-ups to acqua minerale.  :)

I still occasionally enjoy a ginger ale, though.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 08:33:01 AM »

Vibes for the sister of DR GINNY.  OUCH!

Thank you, DR JRand!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 08:33:44 AM »

Health vibes for Ginny's sister.  Hoping for a quick recovery!

Thanks, DR FJL!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 08:34:18 AM »

Feel better vibes to DR Ginny's sister.!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, DR Jennifer!

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 08:35:04 AM »

OMG, what an awful thing, falling like that.  Even a minor trip or stumble is unsettling and a bit scary when you do it as an adult.  I can't even imagine the shock and the scare and the pain that must have been.  VIBES for a very speedy recovery for the DS of DR Ginny!

Thank you, DR ChasSmith! 

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2016, 08:35:59 AM »

DR Ginny, are the flying or driving?

Sister & husband driving from Michigan, niece from Illinois.  Each drive is only 4-5 hours.

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 08:42:12 AM »

I have been dealing with the bureaucracy of getting reimbursed for my Medicare premiums from my retirement plan, which is further complicated by a middleman (agency).  With no confidence that I've done it correctly, and no way to talk to an actual person anywhere, I've just put something in the mail.  Pray for Rosemary's baby...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2016, 08:45:08 AM »

Ginny, vibes for your sister.  What a horrible fall.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 08:50:22 AM »

Thank you, DR TCB.  She emailed me a photo this morning, but I'll spare you the graphic.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2016, 08:54:03 AM »

The first year after the paralysis was one fall after another for me.  I credit my experience with stage falls for keeping me from breaking any bones.  That and a lot of those patented HHW vibes.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2016, 09:25:47 AM »

I am home from market.  The 104 buses are screwed up today.  I waited at 86th Street for over 5 minutes on a bus that should arrive every 8 minutes.  One of the waiting ladies with the phone app to check bus arrivals said the next bus was 12 minutes away.  WTF? So I got a taxi.  Its effen hot outside today and I hate weather over 70 degrees F.

Banking accomplished, Metrocard refilled, groceries to unpack and vegetables and fruit to wash.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2016, 09:36:54 AM »

Maybe you bought ten of them DR ELMORE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2016, 09:37:34 AM »

We received the check to pay for our roof from the insurance company, but it was made out to my father AND mother....so we have to get a new one.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2016, 09:38:52 AM »

Because the Indianapolis 500 - formerly the BIGGEST SPECTACLE in racing - is sold out, it will be broadcast live on the local channel for the first time since 1949.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2016, 10:08:20 AM »

Crisis to crisis.  Today's fresh hell: a rather unintelligible phone call from my neighbor Judy. It seems that the jerk neighbor Steve on our floor has been telling tenants that Bobba, our super, has been replaced by the building management.  This is bad news, since I think he and his family are great, even if he took his time repairing my ceiling two years ago.  So, I've been emailing and phoning our agent to protest.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:44:18 PM by elmore3003 »

Laura

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2016, 10:20:15 AM »

Good morning.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2016, 10:20:37 AM »

Vibes for your sister, Ginny.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2016, 10:26:14 AM »

Vibes for your sister, Ginny.

Thank you, DR Laura!

Jane

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2016, 10:56:47 AM »

I did it early on in my life when I was stationed in Italy.   I bought and consumed mineral water (the sparkling bubbly variety).  After that, my tastes changed from cokes/sprites/seven-ups to acqua minerale.  :)

I still occasionally enjoy a ginger ale, though.

That was probably around the time I became addicted to Pepsi.  When I got IBS any soda made my stomach hurt like heck.  After getting GERD even champagne gave me reflux, and I didn't have any problem with it bothering my IBS, probably for the same reason wine helps it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2016, 10:57:55 AM »

Because the Indianapolis 500 - formerly the BIGGEST SPECTACLE in racing - is sold out, it will be broadcast live on the local channel for the first time since 1949.

What's your local channel?  When I lived in Lawrence, I "thought" I remember the race being telecast...but who remembers!!!

Jane

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »

Thank you, DR TCB.  She emailed me a photo this morning, but I'll spare you the graphic.

I forgot to ask if she has a concussion.  When Bryan was mugged, and smashed straight down on his face, he sent photos.  I wouldn't have known my own kid.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2016, 11:00:37 AM »

We received the check to pay for our roof from the insurance company, but it was made out to my father AND mother....so we have to get a new one.

::)

Jane

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2016, 11:01:55 AM »

Crisis to crisis.  Today's fresh hell: a rather unintelligible phone call from my neighbor Judy. It seems that the jerk neighbor on our floor has been telling tenants that Bobba, our super, has been replaced by the building management.  This is bad news, since I think he and his family are great, even if he took his time repairing my ceiling two years ago.  So, I've been emailing and phoning our agent to protest.

I hope your protests make a difference, or that it is just a rumor.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2016, 11:08:17 AM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2016, 11:40:30 AM »

Beth Howland has died.

Yes, BK mentioned it earlier or last night.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up