Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TRUTH IN ADVERTISING  (Read 5913 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: TRUTH IN ADVERTISING
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »

The hotel is vety nice and very  quiet.

The building are beautiful and one of the reasons I want to see Barcelona,  for the architecture.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2016, 12:47:04 PM »

Dinner was delicious.  Except for the yummy veggie pallea and Keith 'searched wonderful salad, we had tapas.  The 2 best were the potato dish and the artichoke chips.  The Spanish white wine was also delicioys.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2016, 12:48:19 PM »

In our hotel room was a bottle of champagne to welcome us.  I wish I could have had more of it.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2016, 12:49:12 PM »

On the pillow tonight we're a couple of extra task pieces of chocolare.  I will eat Keith'searched tomorrow.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2016, 12:56:42 PM »

I always feel welcomed by a bottle of champagne.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2016, 01:12:58 PM »

Just arrived from Amazon:  the original off-Broadway cast recording of Brooklyn Crush and the concept album of Tales of Tinseltown.

I worked on TINSELTOWN twice, the original 1985 workshop and the San Diego production, which was the second regional. They dropped me for Larry Hochman for the George Street production, then brought me back. They asked me to work on the later Miami production but i was committed to Houston Grand Opera's Babes In Toyland.  I turned down the recording because of my health last year. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2016, 01:13:30 PM »

I always feel welcomed by a bottle of champagne.

:)

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2016, 01:15:00 PM »

Some Detroit nostalgia:  WJR: One of a Kind

WJR radio was one of the things I missed most when I moved to southern Ohio.  I think its glory days are over now...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 01:17:05 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2016, 01:23:48 PM »

Back from the table reading of a musical - saw some chums.  Sadly it was pretty terrible, which pains me since it's by Richard Sherman and Milt Larsen.  They've been playing with this for years - it's problems are very basic and with some work and focus it might be fun to play with.  I'll be having lunch with them to tell them my thoughts.  They were taking comments from the audience of six but I had to leave.

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2016, 01:24:25 PM »

WJR's studios were (and I guess still are) in "The Golden Tower of the Fisher Building."  The Fisher Theatre, in the lobby, became the Broadway touring house in the early 1960s.  Often the morning drive-time DJ, J. P. McCarthy, would interview someone from the cast of the current show and play selections from the cast recording. 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2016, 01:49:06 PM »

I shall shortly be off for the opening night of Little Women....I hope our audience enjoys the show....and I hope the ensemble is quieter backstage than they have been....  One is more likely than the other....

Pray for Rosemary's Baby.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2016, 01:52:54 PM »

I shall shortly be off for the opening night of Little Women....I hope our audience enjoys the show....and I hope the ensemble is quieter backstage than they have been....  One is more likely than the other....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Break a leg, Jack!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2016, 01:57:56 PM »

Ditto!

ChasSmith

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2016, 01:58:29 PM »

Ditto!

Tritto!

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2016, 01:59:19 PM »

DR Elmore, the house on the SW corner of Alamo and Poinciana is for sale and the realtor is "La Frost."  Should I give her your regards when we pay our nosy neighbor visit to the open house on Sunday?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2016, 02:01:21 PM »

DR Elmore, the house on the SW corner of Alamo and Poinciana is for sale and the realtor is "La Frost."  Should I give her your regards when we pay our nosy neighbor visit to the open house on Sunday?

She's a realtor? I thought she was teaching art! No, the war is long over. I'm a star and she isn't.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2016, 02:02:35 PM »

Anybody here know Vincent Cardinal?  He's the newly-appointed chair of the Department of Musical Theatre at The University of Michigan.

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2016, 02:03:14 PM »

She's a realtor? I thought she was teaching art! No, the war is long over. I'm a star and she isn't.

Many retired teachers become realtors.

FJL

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2016, 02:03:17 PM »

Break a leg and vibes of all sort to Jrand!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2016, 02:22:44 PM »

Ditto!

Tritto!

~~~QUARTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2016, 02:22:51 PM »

Many retired teachers become realtors.

Who knew?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2016, 02:23:13 PM »

Just arrived from Amazon:  the original off-Broadway cast recording of Brooklyn Crush and the concept album of Tales of Tinseltown.

I worked on TINSELTOWN twice, the original 1985 workshop and the San Diego production, which was the second regional. They dropped me for Larry Hochman for the George Street production, then brought me back. They asked me to work on the later Miami production but i was committed to Houston Grand Opera's Babes In Toyland.  I turned down the recording because of my health last year.

That's too bad, Larry.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2016, 02:47:20 PM »

That's too bad, Larry.

I turned dow BK's LI'L ABNER, too, and I would have rather worked on that than TINSELTOWN.  I can't say I'm sorry that I missed out. Larry Hochman ended up doing it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2016, 03:08:51 PM »

And I am off to East 80th Street to see a few Dubliners and hear some music.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »

Still on page 3 at this hour of the day.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2016, 04:07:46 PM »

We'll have to do something about this.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2016, 04:07:56 PM »

I have 24 more minutes in my work day.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2016, 04:08:29 PM »

Tomorrow a.m., I am up early and off to the hospital lab to donate INR blood (i.e., for blood thinner).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2016, 04:08:49 PM »

I also plan on getting my car washed at some point in this weekend to come.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2016, 04:09:03 PM »

But first, a tune-up after "labs".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up