Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FUN FIRST REHEARSAL  (Read 3471 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE FUN FIRST REHEARSAL
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2016, 03:27:56 PM »

3hree!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2016, 03:38:34 PM »

Thank you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2016, 03:43:03 PM »

Made the remainder of the Wacky Noodles for lunch - a little less than last time.  Then we did the Costco run.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2016, 04:08:36 PM »

And then someone goes on my Facebook page, where I have not come out and actually said what's bugging me, just alluded to it - so I'm thinking how would this person who I don't know and who's never posted on my page before know?  And then I looked at her page and guess who it is - why our favorite little sick in the head stalker, which a simple look at her "friends" list tells me instantly - oops - I'm sure you all remember HER.  And since we know she's reading this post, you really need mental help, dear girl.  Blocked.  I'm sure you'll be "friending" me again under whatever other names you can come up with, but I'm on to you, as always.

KevinH

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2016, 04:21:56 PM »

Hello!

KevinH

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2016, 04:23:20 PM »

Glad to hear you're feeling better, DR elmore!

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2016, 04:27:20 PM »

At noon I'm going to the book discussion group at the library to talk about why I only got halfway through Kate Morton's The Lake House

Why did you only get halfway through the book?  I always completed books for a discussion.  Sometimes, when others didn't complete the book they would want to after the discussion.  Other times they were glad they hadn't finished reading it.

DR Jane, I only got halfway through because it reminded me of the plate of seafood fettuccine alfredo I ordered in a Seattle restaurant many years ago.  The more I ate read, the more there seemed to be and I felt like it would never come to an end.  Everyone else felt the same, and I told them to "spoil away," so I learned that I had, indeed, figured out the major plot point.  They just filled in the details and now I can move on to other things I want to read.

Kate Morton is anything but a "tight" writer.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2016, 04:31:37 PM »

Back!

Enjoyed an incredibly beautiful drive out of Morgantown, which probably was sharing that nice SW Ohio weather.  Much of this route is very scenic, so it never has a chance to get too boring except through the I-81 stretch from Hagerstown MD to about Harrisburg PA.  It's mostly flat with nothing to look at, and the truck density is particularly annoying through that section.  But I really like most of the rest of that drive.

DR ChasSmith, were you on I-68 going east out of Morgantown across northern Maryland?  We've done that drive twice and I think it's a beautiful stretch of highway.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2016, 04:35:37 PM »

Want to know what Facebook this crazy was using?  Marguerite Zelle.  Nice name.  Google it.  I'll save you the trouble - aka Mata Hari - aka spy.  Good one Babs.  Your sickness knows no bounds. 

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2016, 04:35:39 PM »

Saturday's halftime show at Michigan Stadium featured student performers from the musical theatre program:

Blue on Broadway

The announcer is Carl Grapentine, who has been the voice of the Michigan Marching Band since we were in school there together in the late '60s/early '70s.  He continues in that role, plus he's the stadium play-by-play announcer for the football team.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:50:12 PM by Ginny »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2016, 04:56:54 PM »

Sorry for your troubles, BK.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »

Jane, we saw Hell or High Water today. Just excellent. Script and acting. The movie did not look like Texas, however. It looked like little town in New Mexico I used to pass through on the way to Santa Fe. Sure enough, that's where it was shot.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2016, 04:59:39 PM »

DR Jeanne, have you ever watched The Republic of Doyle?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2016, 05:06:39 PM »

Not really troubles.  I'm just bored of people ripping off our shows, but more importantly fracturing the already small audience pool, and even more importantly, not just doing something THEY thought of - being original is always more fun and the way to go, but I guess it's easier to just look at someone else's thing and just do it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2016, 05:09:32 PM »

More alarming than THAT however, was finding out this crazy woman is still stalking me on the Internet - I hadn't imagined (I should have) that she would have followed me to Facebook but she did and then she laid low until she thought she could cause some trouble, which, of course, she didn't.  And of course Facebook doesn't allow bogus accounts so I of course will alert them, tell them what her real account is and perhaps they'll just boot her the hell out of there, which is what she deserves.  Enjoying this, Babs?  Hope so, really, I do.   

I cannot tell you how many e-mails I got today about this other show thing from folks who couldn't believe it, so I'm not alone in that. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2016, 05:09:55 PM »

Page three?  Really?  If only Babs were here to take us to page four.  Alas.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2016, 05:17:26 PM »

The allergies they are a happening.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2016, 05:30:24 PM »

More alarming than THAT however, was finding out this crazy woman is still stalking me on the Internet - I hadn't imagined (I should have) that she would have followed me to Facebook but she did and then she laid low until she thought she could cause some trouble, which, of course, she didn't.  And of course Facebook doesn't allow bogus accounts so I of course will alert them, tell them what her real account is and perhaps they'll just boot her the hell out of there, which is what she deserves.  Enjoying this, Babs?  Hope so, really, I do.   

I cannot tell you how many e-mails I got today about this other show thing from folks who couldn't believe it, so I'm not alone in that. 

What name is she using now? She might even be one of my friends or another's on this board. I'll unfriend her.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:42:25 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2016, 05:42:50 PM »

DR vixmom, did you get the big email?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2016, 05:43:43 PM »

Neither DR Jeanne nor vixmom is around but I do hope they see my inquiries.

And I return to my DVD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2016, 05:45:09 PM »

I gotta tell you.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2016, 06:13:11 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2016, 06:15:53 PM »

I'm here now, Larry.

I watched THE REPUBLIC OF DOYLE a year or so ago. I thought I'd like it, but grew tired of it after, I think, two episodes. I found the writing a bit weak, a little too predictable.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2016, 06:17:11 PM »

Maybe I'd better jog.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2016, 06:21:39 PM »

Larry, do you have access to the show I recommended to Jane, A PLACE TO CALL HOME? Riveting.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2016, 06:23:15 PM »

And then someone goes on my Facebook page, where I have not come out and actually said what's bugging me, just alluded to it - so I'm thinking how would this person who I don't know and who's never posted on my page before know?  And then I looked at her page and guess who it is - why our favorite little sick in the head stalker, which a simple look at her "friends" list tells me instantly - oops - I'm sure you all remember HER.  And since we know she's reading this post, you really need mental help, dear girl.  Blocked.  I'm sure you'll be "friending" me again under whatever other names you can come up with, but I'm on to you, as always.

Really!!! :(

Jane

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2016, 06:24:49 PM »

At noon I'm going to the book discussion group at the library to talk about why I only got halfway through Kate Morton's The Lake House

Why did you only get halfway through the book?  I always completed books for a discussion.  Sometimes, when others didn't complete the book they would want to after the discussion.  Other times they were glad they hadn't finished reading it.

DR Jane, I only got halfway through because it reminded me of the plate of seafood fettuccine alfredo I ordered in a Seattle restaurant many years ago.  The more I ate read, the more there seemed to be and I felt like it would never come to an end.  Everyone else felt the same, and I told them to "spoil away," so I learned that I had, indeed, figured out the major plot point.  They just filled in the details and now I can move on to other things I want to read.

Kate Morton is anything but a "tight" writer.

;D

I read the book, and like Kate Morton, which is why I was interested in your response.  I agree with your reasons.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2016, 06:25:29 PM »

Want to know what Facebook this crazy was using?  Marguerite Zelle.  Nice name.  Google it.  I'll save you the trouble - aka Mata Hari - aka spy.  Good one Babs.  Your sickness knows no bounds. 

It is really sad.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2016, 06:25:30 PM »

I had a most exciting day. I filled my tank, had my car washed (it was quite dirty and this really upsets my neighbor  :D ), and stopped for a falafel. I had some free time this afternoon, but it was just TOO HOT to do much. 85 degrees indoors! With both the AC and fan on high. Ugh.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2016, 06:27:10 PM »

Tomorrow should be cooler, thankfully.

And did you know that people avoid the car wash on hot days? I didn't. There was hardly anyone there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up