Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THREE LITTLE WORDS  (Read 4573 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: THREE LITTLE WORDS
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2016, 11:13:38 AM »

TOD:
O. Henry's Full House
Dead of Night
Twilight Zone: The Movie
New York Stories

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2016, 11:14:53 AM »

3hree
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2016, 11:16:57 AM »

Yes, I'd add Trilogy of Terror for the TOD to my list as well.

Also, I wonder if Plaza Suite counts.  I really liked that movie. 

FJL

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2016, 11:17:20 AM »

Thanks so much, George!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2016, 11:27:55 AM »

Since it was requested:

Mr. Flu Shot (tune of Mr. Sandman)

Mr. Flu Shot
Bring your vaccine
Please swab my shoulder to make sure it’s clean
Then fill my system with cleansing serum
If there are germs I hope you’re gonna clear ‘em

Mr. Flu Shot
If I complain
That’s ‘cause your shot was not for the right strain
Sorry if I vent my spleen
Mr. Flu Shot, bring your vaccine

Love it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »

Thanks to all for the nice comments.....I do feel better.....so I am hoping I can maintain.

Continued vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2016, 11:31:12 AM »

I had a surprising and unwelcome email from the Man From Philadelphia yesterday. 

He's like a vampire: you think the coffin;s nailed shut and he rises up and bites your butt!

~~~Coping Vibes for Larry!!~~~

Thanks, DR George. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2016, 11:38:19 AM »

Thanks, folks. I recall finishing the rum from my Christmas Eve eggnog here back in July during a phone call I could not escape. Last night's episode was in person in my front yard.

"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2016, 11:39:13 AM »

DR Elmore, maybe you and I should buy our Christmas booze early: you for your Man From Philadelphia and me for my dysfunctional friends.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

FJL

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2016, 12:03:10 PM »

He's like a vampire: you think the coffin;s nailed shut and he rises up and bites your butt!

That's so nice as a rhyming image.  is that from a song or did it just end up feeling like a lyric?

FJL

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2016, 12:03:41 PM »

Thanks very much, John G!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2016, 12:08:35 PM »

DR Elmore, maybe you and I should buy our Christmas booze early: you for your Man From Philadelphia and me for my dysfunctional friends.

Bring on the egg nog!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2016, 12:10:48 PM »

Here's today's fresh hell:  for the second time in two months, I have received twqo copies of the current issue of GRAMOPHONE magazine.  Their US distributor insists they know not why this is occurring.  I believe they have screwed up my subscription renewal because something clearly is wrong.  Color me really pissed since I've been through the same round of emails with them a month ago.

ChasSmith

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2016, 12:14:44 PM »

I totally understand the need for more rum than what goes into the egg nog.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2016, 12:36:48 PM »

DR Laura, are you in trouble over something?

No, I'm not in trouble. Just two people in a ridiculously toxic relationship who dragged me into the middle of their crap.

That sounds very uncomfortable and unpleasant.  I hope they figure it out.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2016, 12:39:11 PM »

Am I the only H/K enjoying "The Durrells on Corfu"?  It's a Masterpiece Theater production (running concurrently with Poldark II and Indian Summers II).

"The Durrells on Corfu" is based on a book by Gerald Durrell who wrote quite a few books, many about animals and his family.  He was the younger brother of Lawrence Durrell (noted 20th Century author of "The Alexandria Quartet" and other works).

I'm really loving it.  After two episodes, that is.

We were going to watch it but changed our minds after watching the long preview.  Maybe we should reconsider.  I read reviews by people who love the books and felt the show was no longer suitable for family viewing.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »

Thanks, folks. I recall finishing the rum from my Christmas Eve eggnog here back in July during a phone call I could not escape. Last night's episode was in person in my front yard.

Better than inside your house.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2016, 12:41:20 PM »

;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2016, 12:41:24 PM »

Here's today's fresh hell:  for the second time in two months, I have received twqo copies of the current issue of GRAMOPHONE magazine.  Their US distributor insists they know not why this is occurring.  I believe they have screwed up my subscription renewal because something clearly is wrong.  Color me really pissed since I've been through the same round of emails with them a month ago.

Larry, on the mailing label, it might show what the expiration date of your subscription is.  Look for that and see if it's when you expect it to expire.  Working at the library, the magazine clerk many times wants to order two concurrent subscriptions and the magazine people stupidly set it up as one subscription for two years...and vice versa.  If you have that information, that might help with getting your issue (no pun intended ;) ) resolved.  Just a thought.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2016, 12:45:42 PM »

Larry, on the mailing label, it might show what the expiration date of your subscription is.  Look for that and see if it's when you expect it to expire.  Working at the library, the magazine clerk many times wants to order two concurrent subscriptions and the magazine people stupidly set it up as one subscription for two years...and vice versa.  If you have that information, that might help with getting your issue (no pun intended ;) ) resolved.  Just a thought.

I was assured last month that there's only one subscription. I have sent them all information I have on the mess. We'll see how they react this month.  I expect an email reply tomorrow.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2016, 12:48:00 PM »

I was assured last month that there's only one subscription. I have sent them all information I have on the mess. We'll see how they react this month.  I expect an email reply tomorrow.

Ahh.  Good luck!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2016, 12:51:28 PM »

Work session quick and easy - now awaiting Piano Tuner for a long overdue tuning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2016, 12:52:05 PM »

Then I can finally go eat something, but probably not before two-thirty, which means I can't jog until five or so.

FJL

« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2016, 01:30:33 PM »

KevinH

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2016, 03:05:46 PM »

Since it was requested:

Mr. Flu Shot (tune of Mr. Sandman)

Mr. Flu Shot
Bring your vaccine
Please swab my shoulder to make sure it’s clean
Then fill my system with cleansing serum
If there are germs I hope you’re gonna clear ‘em

Mr. Flu Shot
If I complain
That’s ‘cause your shot was not for the right strain
Sorry if I vent my spleen
Mr. Flu Shot, bring your vaccine

Funny!

KevinH

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2016, 03:12:13 PM »

Yesterday, I went to see "Freaky Friday" at the Signature Theatre in Arlington, VA.  I enjoyed it very much.  The cast was terrific, especially Heidi Blickenstaff and Emma Hunton, who played the mother and daughter.  I thought the score was good.  It should be a hit with the "Wicked" crowd.

FJL

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2016, 03:20:51 PM »

Thanks, Kevin.   

Also thanks for the "Freaky friday" musical report! 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2016, 03:56:58 PM »

Piano tuned, and back from a chopped Eyetalian salad and a bagel, then picking up packages.  Listening to the great William Alwyn symphonies.  Alwyn also wrote really fine film scores.

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2016, 04:39:11 PM »

Monday evening greetings from Ruckersville, VA!  We passed on the complimentary breakfast at our hotel and headed for Tudor's Biscuit World in Fayetteville, WV.  We left there via the famous bridge over the New River Gorge, which appears on the back of the West Virginia commemorative quarter.  After crossing the bridge, we spent about an hour at the visitor center.  There's photo evidence on my Facebook page, if anyone cares to share it here.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »

We made our way to eastbound I-64 via a very twisty mountain road and checked into our hotel north of Charlottesville, VA, about 4:30. We've had a delightful dinner at the nearby Blue Ridge Cafe and we're in for the night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up