Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF THE WEEK  (Read 25669 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF THE WEEK
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2004, 11:20:08 PM »

I'm just not certain what character my darling Kraklet is supposed to be - it's like they said, let's costume her sexily, let's have her look pretty, etc. but forgot to have a point to the character.  What is she?  I don't remember how it was played at MSG, but I don't think it was this way - I remember a character.

What comes clear is that as the years go by, the much-maligned (at the time of release) Scrooge with Albert Finney is beginning to look like the little classic I knew it was back in 1970.  Of course, that film had a real director in Ronald Neame.

I've ALWAYS loved the Albert Finney/Leslie Briccuse version of Scrooge!  It's a family tradition to watch the movie at least once every Christmas season.  I've had the laserdisc for several years, so we've been able to watch the widescreen version WITH the scenes of Scrooge in hell that have not been shown on TV in a long time.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF THE WEEK
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2004, 11:52:42 PM »

George, you can dump that laserdisc, because it's been out on DVD for over a year, from Paramount, in a lovely transfer, widescreen and enhanced for widescreen TVs.  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up