News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 KAY  (Read 13508 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: 2 KAY
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2016, 08:27:43 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2016, 08:34:03 AM »

DR Jane, I ended up buying this, at DR Jeanne's recommendation:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006NYI7C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

You decided to go with the oral dosage, makes sense.  Good luck with it.

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2016, 08:39:06 AM »

Taking a dish with olives in it to an olive orchard takes chutzpah--or sheer stupidity.

Sorta like taking the author of a book on Texas barbecue to a BBQ jernt in Middletown, Ohio...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2016, 08:39:19 AM »

Frankly, and not to come across as anti-social this holiday week, but I'd be just as happy joining DR Elmore at the Merrily documentary, which I absolutely have to get down there to see anyway, and call it a day.

However, this week is INSANE, and I do have some Thanksgiving obligations which include spending time with some folks we very rarely see.  And of course that's all a good thing.  So my day will be spent in the conventional way, and I must see about getting down there on one of the following days for the film.  Might even have to be Friday.  I don't know if Lincoln Center will be playing it for more than one week.

Last year we declined two invitations and went to a movie.   One of the invites we would have happily gone to except it was a dessert gathering in Portland which was later than we wanted to leave home.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2016, 08:41:44 AM »

Mom with her only granddaughter, my DN Laura:

Your mother looks happy.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2016, 08:42:59 AM »

TOD: My friend Sandy has invited me to come to her olive orchard for the third year in a row. Nice to spend time with her and her family as well as a few close friends.

She will likely have most everything, so I'll be taking along a Greek salad, which I seem to crave daily.

This sounds like a lovely way to spend the holiday.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2016, 08:44:43 AM »

Taking a dish with olives in it to an olive orchard takes chutzpah--or sheer stupidity.

Sorta like taking the author of a book on Texas barbecue to a BBQ jernt in Middletown, Ohio...

😆

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2016, 08:56:42 AM »

Your mother looks happy.

Thanks, DR Jane.  I suppose she's as happy as a physically, visually, and cognitively-impaired 98-year-old can be.  Laura had me take this photo with her phone on Saturday and Richard printed it for us that evening.  Laura took the photo to Mom yesterday and her first question was, "When was that taken?"

:(
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2016, 09:01:38 AM »

I think eating food in a movie theatre is fine.  I think smuggling in food is fine. But something like a chocolate bar. I cannot imagine bringing in your own popcorn. That would be too greasy/smelly for me to ever put in my purse.  Also way too big.

I don't go to the movies very often. But my mom does and she always brings her own candy and chocolate. But small stuff so it is discreet.

DR Jane wouldn't your bag/purse smell from the popcorn? 

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2016, 09:01:53 AM »

It did snow. I had to go find my winter boots. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2016, 09:05:44 AM »

Happy Birthday DR KevinH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2016, 09:09:19 AM »

...DR Ginny and Richard were in strange dream involving a hotel in something like a ski resort and a trip to a Broadway show...

Back in the days when it seemed we were hosting ALL the big family gatherings, I had a fantasy that Richard, Rob, and I would spend Christmas just the 3 of us at a ski lodge.  Not for the skiing, mind you, but for the absence of food prep, house prep, and family drama.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2016, 09:19:38 AM »

And I am home from therapy.  It went much smoother today, I think, because the muscles that need stretching were already over last week's trauma.  I ad a few more exercises added to my routine, and all are easy to do here at home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2016, 09:22:04 AM »

DR ChasSmith, if you decide you want to come in for the movie, please do. That's my only plan for the day.  I may need to stop at the market5 on Wednesday after therapy and pick up some potatoes to mash.  so my dinner is goin to be stew, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli.  And apple cider!

I don't beed anything sweet after the sweet potatoes.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2016, 09:42:03 AM »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2016, 09:51:04 AM »

Lovely photo from DR GINNY!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2016, 09:55:46 AM »

Your mother looks happy.

Thanks, DR Jane.  I suppose she's as happy as a physically, visually, and cognitively-impaired 98-year-old can be.  Laura had me take this photo with her phone on Saturday and Richard printed it for us that evening.  Laura took the photo to Mom yesterday and her first question was, "When was that taken?"

:(

I have been there.  It is very hard.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2016, 10:01:22 AM »

I think eating food in a movie theatre is fine.  I think smuggling in food is fine. But something like a chocolate bar. I cannot imagine bringing in your own popcorn. That would be too greasy/smelly for me to ever put in my purse.  Also way too big.

I don't go to the movies very often. But my mom does and she always brings her own candy and chocolate. But small stuff so it is discreet.

DR Jane wouldn't your bag/purse smell from the popcorn? 

Not at all.  It is sealed in a plastic bag.  Because it is in a baggie vs a popcorn container I don't notice the smell when he is eating it.  I do notice the extra crunch sound as it is a tastier, crunchier popcorn kernel we buy to pop the corn.

I try not to eat candy at the theater.  Chips or popcorn are my treat along with a children's size coke.

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2016, 10:11:06 AM »

Lovely photo, Ginny.

Thanks, DR John G!

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2016, 10:11:32 AM »

Lovely photo from DR GINNY!

Thank you, DR JRand!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2016, 10:31:31 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - had my overseas call, which was pleasant, and now I'm doing some work on an upcoming release.

John G.

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2016, 10:36:22 AM »

Not at all. I enjoyed that thoroughly. And that's research, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2016, 10:43:28 AM »

I gotta tell you.

ChasSmith

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2016, 10:45:46 AM »

Very nice photo, DR Ginny!

Ginny

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2016, 10:54:27 AM »

Thanks, DR ChasSmith!

John G.

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2016, 11:14:50 AM »

Hauled out my Sibelius today. John Barbirolli conducts. Listened to Symphony No. 6 and some historic scenes. Now it's Symphonies Nos. 5 and 7. 
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2016, 11:18:38 AM »

Happy, Happy Birthday to DR KevinH!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:58:09 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2016, 11:24:54 AM »

Doing genealogy research Keith found a couple of cousins that he communicates with and that I am on facebook with.  They live in Austin and we will be meeting them, along with their husbands, in person.  One of them is a vegan and will find a restaurant for us.

KevinH

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2016, 11:30:47 AM »

Happy birthday, KevinH!

Thank you, DR JohnG!!

John G.

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2016, 11:30:47 AM »

That's great news, Jane. There are vegan restaurants in SA, too. Senor Veggie is one.

http://www.senorveggie.us
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up