Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEET GHERKINS  (Read 19691 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SWEET GHERKINS
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2004, 05:45:19 PM »

Shortly I will be on my way to the Bank of Bur to see a musicale featuring the daughter of an old school chum of mine.  Don't forget to keep the home fries burning - delight me, astonish me.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2004, 06:07:42 PM »

Add to the list of "unique" baby names that seem to be the norm these days: "Dustin Hoffman...welcomed the arrival of his first grandson, Augustus Culligan..."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2004, 06:20:21 PM »

Heeeeyyyyyyy, Culligan Hoffman......

Nope, doesn't have the same ring to it.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2004, 06:22:35 PM »

Barbara Eden looks so much older there than she did years later on I DREAM OF JEANNIE.

It’s the hair.  My mother use to make me wear my hair similar to that when I was in Jr. High.  I hated it for obvious reasons.

Jane

« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2004, 06:51:34 PM »

Jose you should get the Eggs Edwina along with her address to visit or send her get well cards.

MBarnum thand for the David Bailey pic-good looking guy who looks familiar.  Such a shame.

JMF I so glad to see someone else enjoyed Van Helsing.  I was disappointed and thought it could have been better but I still enjoyed it.  

HI JED!!!

Ginny thank you and what kind of homemade bread is that?

TCB I just sent the website on to a friend.

JRand how is Holly?  And I’m looking forward to details on the show, yours too Matt H.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2004, 06:56:38 PM »

MBarnum & Jose my dainty girl says thank you.

Danise I enjoyed your long post.  Great news your mother is feeling better and your hot water has returned.  This morning our electricity went out.  Without electricity we can’t pump in water and the heater doesn’t work.  The good news is the power was only out for 30 minutes.
Thank you for the good wishes for Echo and Bogie.

Thank you Panni & Sandra.  The good news continues.  

Today Echo is moving like her old self, well her old self before taking a turn for the worst.  She even went up and down stairs today and ran.  We have definitely been given a reprieve.  We don’t know how long it will last but will appreciate every moment of it.  Thank G_d for prednisone. :D  Oh, and she is eating cupfuls of kibble , out of my hand, instead of one at a time.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2004, 06:58:23 PM »

Best Foods or Hellman’s mayo, sometimes mixed with Heinz ketchup and seasoning.  
For an alternate healthy choice I spread soft avocado on sandwiches.

Pickles are only on the side and must be new kosher ones.  
Never, ever do I want a sweet gherkin.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2004, 07:30:12 PM »

Amusing story number one:

I didn't have time last night to memorize my monologue, so I just wrote it out so I could read it (the teacher said we could do that). So I had the paper in front of me and I started off OK. But then I looked up to motion to one of my props, and I lost my place. I didn't want to stop talking while I found my place, so I just kept talking even though I didn't know what to say next. I just forged ahead (Oh, a Smudge reference). I never did find my place again. I mangled every single line in the whole thing. The way Shakespeare wrote it was weird enough, but I really screwed it up.

The monologue is this guy reenacting the scene of when he left home to go seek his fortune. He uses these props to represent his family members. The ones for his parents are his shoes, so about halfway through, you have to take off your shoes and talk to them.

So I was just standing there in my socks talking to my shoes. I messed up every single line. It ended up sounding like something from the last act of Noises Off.  Everybody laughed and after class one of my classmates said it was great, so I must have done something right.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »

Sandra-LOL.  When do you get your grade on that?  A suggestion if you are ever in that situation again, begin a new sheet of paper each time you have to break away.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2004, 07:39:54 PM »

Amusing story number two:

The prop for the maid was a hat. The only hat I had readily available was my Swedish Chef hat.

So since I had my Swedish Chef hat with me, I decided to take it on up to The Fifth Floor to get a picture. So I got up there and was trying to hold the hat with one hand and take a picture with the other. I must have looked pretty pathetic, because this guy walked up and said, "Need some help?" And I said, "Yes, please."

So he held up the hat and I took the picture. Then I said, "Thank you" and he said, "You're welcome" and went on his way. He didn't ask, and I didn't even try to explain (I'm not sure I could explain if I wanted to).

That's The Fifth Floor for you.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Emily

« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2004, 07:43:03 PM »

Amusing story number two:

The prop for the maid was a hat. The only hat I had readily available was my Swedish Chef hat.

So since I had my Swedish Chef hat with me, I decided to take it on up to The Fifth Floor to get a picture. So I got up there and was trying to hold the hat with one hand and take a picture with the other. I must have looked pretty pathetic, because this guy walked up and said, "Need some help?" And I said, "Yes, please."

So he held up the hat and I took the picture. Then I said, "Thank you" and he said, "You're welcome" and went on his way. He didn't ask, and I didn't even try to explain (I'm not sure I could explain if I wanted to).

That's The Fifth Floor for you.

In exam period people do weird things... maybe the guy thought that taking pictures of a swedish hat was a de-stressifying technique :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jane

« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2004, 07:51:25 PM »

Sandra a perfect 5th floor story.  Two laughs in one night.  I can say goodnight now with a big smile on my face.

Panni

« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2004, 07:58:08 PM »

Good to "see" you smiling, Jane! Good vibes from Abie to Echo!

Panni

« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2004, 08:00:17 PM »

just read a full page add in Variety from the Peter Sellers Appreciation Society. They say that the upcoming HBO movie, THE LIFE AND DEATH OF PETER SELLERS, is unfair to their hero.
I'm curious to see it. Geoffrey Rush looks amazingly like Sellers in the photos I've seen.

Michael

« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2004, 08:00:26 PM »

Well I was already to go to bed, but I just got a creative spurt and so it is back to final draft and the new script.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2004, 08:17:41 PM »

Very happy to report that our opening went very, very well. We didn't have a full house (a little disappointing), but the audience there was very loud with laughter and applause. As far as I could tell, there was only one slight hitch: the Reverend Mother had a brain dead moment about mid-way through the first act, and Sister Amnesia (how ironic) rescued her effortlessly. Otherwise, the show came off wonderfully with all the sure fire moments registering as we hoped they would.

I have to say how bracing it was to finally hear laughs on lines that have received stone cold silence in rehearsal for a month as everyone connected with the show long since stopped reacting to the humor.

Anyway, I am greatly relieved and want to say how much I appreciated all the good wishes.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2004, 08:19:43 PM »

Didn't get LOST or LAW & ORDER watched today, and now tonight's JOEY and CSI are added to that ever-growing list of DVR shows.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2004, 08:39:10 PM »

DR Matt,

Congrats on a wonderfully successful opening night. Nothing better than laughter, is there? Continued good wishes, and thanks for sharing the news.

Pictures?

Panni

« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2004, 08:41:21 PM »

Congratulations, Matt!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2004, 08:42:04 PM »

I goosed der B tonight.

Yes, it was the first pair of goose breasts for dinner.  I sauteed them, and fortunately didn't overcook them, which would have been a disaster.  They went well with roasted beets and wild rice.

I'll try something more complicated next time.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2004, 08:42:12 PM »

For the Canadian, DRs... I just heard that Pierre Berton died. He's someone I thought would live forever.

Panni

« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2004, 08:44:00 PM »

The Globe & Mail article about Mr. Berton by Sandra Martin was very good.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2004, 08:44:38 PM »

Congratulations, Matt!  Glad to know everything went as well as it did.   :D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2004, 08:56:59 PM »

Yes, indeed - our show - a half price "preview" went well, too.  I look forward to the official "full price" opening tomorrow evening.

RIDE THE WILD SURF....thanks MR BK - I will be looking for that official release.  I hope Columbia did not P/S it like they did the GIDGET box set.....which I didn't buy.

Well.....Holly the Zaftig Sharpei is resting at the Animal Hospital tonight.  She went in about 5 pm.  She will have her operation and heart test tomorrow.....she is have a cancerous tumor removed from her hip via laser surgery.  Because of her age it will be only a local aneasthetic.  Hopefully it will be over by 3 pm EST.  She is scheduled to return home on Saturday morning.  It is VERY quiet here tonight without her.  But as all DR's with pets know - animals are very tough!  Thanks for all the good vibes.  I know they will help.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2004, 08:57:56 PM »

Great photo DRSandra....and wonderful stories.

DRPANNI - somebody wants your vote!  How exciting.

Has anyone seen THE AVIATOR yet?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2004, 08:59:39 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from rehearsal...

I need to get a snack now, but I'll be back..

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2004, 09:19:12 PM »

DRPANNI - I have seen the promos for the HBO movie with Geoffrey Rush as Peter Sellers - and he looks amazingly like him.  But in the quick little excerpts of the movie showing recreations of movie bits - I can't help but think why?  He can't match Sellers physicality.  And, come on, John Lithgow (I think) as Blake Edwards??!!!!

In less than one hour - on TCM - the original Peter Sellers in THE WORL OF HENRY ORIENT!

Panni

« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2004, 09:21:55 PM »

Congratulations on the Preview, Jr.

And Best of Vibes to Holly the Zaftig Sharpei.

MBarnum

« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2004, 09:25:23 PM »

Continued good vibes to Holly TZS! I hope she is resting comfortably and not missing her daddy too much!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  ;)  :)  :)  :)   :)  :)  :)  :)   :)  :)  [/move]

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2004, 09:34:44 PM »

Thanks DRPANNI & MB.....she NEVER leaves home, so I am sure she is bit confused, but hopefully she will be home better than ever in 36 hours or so!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up