Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HAINES 57  (Read 32785 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:HAINES 57
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2004, 08:28:09 AM »

Is nobody going to touch this line??

Well, I was watching Season 5 of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" over the weekend, and in each episode, someone (and more than one someone) pounded a stake!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 10:07:47 AM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2004, 08:30:49 AM »

Well, I was watching Season 5 of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" over the weekend, and in each episode, somone (and more than one someone) pounded a stake!

DRRLP, LOL! ;D ;D ;D
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2004, 08:31:07 AM »

[move=up,scroll,8,transparent,100%]Happy, Happy Birthday, Bruce.[/move]  

If you come to Portland to promote Writer's Block, Betsy will bake you the most yummilicious homemade chocolate cake (not to be confused with the yummilicious chocolate zucchini cake she made for the HHW gettogether, though she could make that, too) you have ever tasted--guaranteed.  It is a combination of her family's secret from-scratch cake recipe combined with my late mother's secret from-scratch frosting recipe and it is not to be believed.

Re:  getting older without realizing it.  As Betsy and I were watching the sweet but mistake-prone older couple on Amazing Race last night, I turned to her and said, "We'll be with each other when we get old."  Pause.  "Which will be next week."

Re:  toilets vs. cars in front yards.  At least you rarely see a toilet up on blocks.  I hope.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE!!

DRLaura as usual your photos brightened my day, and this is one wet day.

Jennifer it is sweet of you to think so but I’m not really.  

Panni & DRLaura my morning and evening were lovely, it was the afternoon when I disappeared from here things weren’t fun yesterday.  There are some unpleasant problems with the remodeling.

Charles Pogue thank you and it is good to have you back.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2004, 08:32:31 AM »

My BK question of the day (for BK and everyone)...why, oh why, do people put toilets in their front yard and used them as planters??? I just don't understand it!

I agree with DR Elmore, but I think it can be boiled down to the idea that it's "practical."

I mean...where the heck do you dispose of an old toilet?  Without, I mean, having to pay to have it carted off, or without worrying about being caught "dumping" (if you'll forgive the illusion/choice of word)??

I believe some of DR Elmore's trashy kitschers find it a means to an end...and think of the fun they have when they use natural fertilizers for the plants inside them ("Ha-ha! Bet we never thought a cow would have his poo in our throne!  Yuk Yuk!)

Just a thought....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2004, 08:33:18 AM »

Nice to meet you all.
I’ve lurked for a few months and enjoyed all your posts but I thought I might as well say hello.  And on this very special day, would like to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR BK !  

From Tokyo with Love,

Welcome N(ew) D(ear) Reader Hisaka!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2004, 08:35:18 AM »

Happy B'Day, BK!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2004, 08:35:37 AM »

PS: Did you ever try to throw out an old toilet?

Exactly...if I had read further before replying to the original post, I'd have spared all of you some terrible attempts at humor!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2004, 08:38:27 AM »

Exactly...if I had read further before replying to the original post, I'd have spared all of you some terrible attempts at humor!

Is there no God?  LOL, DRRLP! ;D
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2004, 08:39:11 AM »

Did I hear correctly that tonight is the last new episode of LOST?  I may have dreamed it.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2004, 08:39:38 AM »

DR RLP - humor is always appreciated.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2004, 08:41:57 AM »

My question for ASK BK day.....in the pantheon of Male Pop Singers....where would you place Mr Bobby Darin?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2004, 08:42:38 AM »

Is there no God?  LOL, DRRLP! ;D

WFO is a NEW GOD!!!  :o

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2004, 08:43:04 AM »

Happy Birthday, Bruce! Best wishes, happy returns, etc. (pronounced "etz," dontcha know :) )

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2004, 08:49:12 AM »

My BK question of the day (for BK and everyone)...why, oh why, do people put toilets in their front yard and used them as planters??? I just don't understand it!

They do it...because they can. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2004, 08:52:08 AM »

Happiest of birthdays, BK, and congratulations on what sounds like a delightful trip to NYC!  Hope you're back home safely soon.

Welcome, new DRHisaka, and a belated welcome to DRvixmom.

In addition to our (HHW's) birthday frenzy this week and next, I just came from a meeting of 6 people, 3 of whom have birthdays in the few days (one today, in fact).

My question:  how do people like having Dec. birthdays so close to Christmas, Chanukah, or whatever winter holidays you celebrate?  When I was growing up, my mother waited to start decorating for Christmas until after my birthday, to keep the latter special.  I now realize that that crunched all her Christmas preparations (the visible ones, anyway!) into a very busy 2 week timeframe.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2004, 08:53:18 AM »

I do believe I am going to buy myself a digital camera...does anyone have any recommendations?

I have a Kodak EasyShare camera. it is very easy to use and very easy to hook up to the puter and print etc. It includes all the software you need to crop, correct redeye nd other picture problems or to convert to black & white, or cartoon version or other little fun features.  The sioftware also includes a link to make emailing the pictures very easy.  I have had mine for  two years so it is only a 2.0 megapixal.  My  husband just got a 3.1 megapixel (also Kodak Easy Share) and his enlargements are much nicer than mine.  Two of the ladies in my office also have Kodak Easyshares , one is a 4.0 and the other a 5.0.  The differences in the clarity really are noticable.  We all love how easy they are to use.  I would definitely recommend the Kodak Easy Share in the highest megapixel you can afford.

;D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2004, 09:01:13 AM »

a belated welcome to DRvixmom.

Thank you! I am glad to be here

My question:  how do people like having Dec. birthdays so close to Christmas, Chanukah, or whatever winter holidays you celebrate?  

My brother's birthday IS Christmas The poor kid never got a birthday party and always got jipped on the prezzies as one gift would have two cards, one for Christmas and one for his bd.

In my adult years I gave attempted to make uop for the past by getting  him more extravagent gifts than the rest of the folks get,  (DVD vs sweater for instance when a DVD was in the $100's for example)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2004, 09:07:22 AM »

VIXMOM - my mother's birthday is also on Christmas day....

Well, DR's - in Indiana, a Shelby County Elementary School has banned ALL peanut products from its building.  No student may bring a peanut butter sandwich to school for lunch.  ONE student is allergic to peanuts.  His classroom had been declared a "No peanut" zone, and precautions were taken in the cafeteria for said student, BUT his parents would NOT accept that as "enough."  So ALL students must now accommodate this ONE student's "rights."

A peanut allergy is terrible, I have friends who might die if they eat anything with any type of peanut product in it.....but they don't make ME stop eating peanut butter.

vixmom

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2004, 09:30:06 AM »

VIXMOM - my mother's birthday is also on Christmas day....

Well, DR's - in Indiana, a Shelby County Elementary School has banned ALL peanut products from its building.  No student may bring a peanut butter sandwich to school for lunch.  ONE student is allergic to peanuts.  His classroom had been declared a "No peanut" zone, and precautions were taken in the cafeteria for said student, BUT his parents would NOT accept that as "enough."  So ALL students must now accommodate this ONE student's "rights."

A peanut allergy is terrible, I have friends who might die if they eat anything with any type of peanut product in it.....but they don't make ME stop eating peanut butter.

I don't particularly care for sushi, in fact,  I loathe it.  I think in my honor all sushi places should be shuttered so I will not be sickened by the sight of watching people eat beautifully presented bait.

Let's ban Rap too while we're at it, I think perhaps my rights are being violated by being forced to hear sounds unpleasent to my ears...

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2004, 09:32:08 AM »

Let's ban Rap too while we're at it, I think perhaps my rights are being violated by being forced to hear sounds unpleasent to my ears...

In that case, I hereby nominate ALW for similar illegality.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2004, 09:39:05 AM »

I have a Kodak EasyShare camera. it is very easy to use and very easy to hook up to the puter and print etc. It includes all the software you need to crop, correct redeye nd other picture problems or to convert to black & white, or cartoon version or other little fun features.  The sioftware also includes a link to make emailing the pictures very easy.  I have had mine for  two years so it is only a 2.0 megapixal.  My  husband just got a 3.1 megapixel (also Kodak Easy Share) and his enlargements are much nicer than mine.  Two of the ladies in my office also have Kodak Easyshares , one is a 4.0 and the other a 5.0.  The differences in the clarity really are noticable.  We all love how easy they are to use.  I would definitely recommend the Kodak Easy Share in the highest megapixel you can afford.

;D

Michael - Listen to Mom!

And, now Grandpa:

First off, sit down in a nice comfortable spot, and contemplate:

What am I really going to do with the camera?
If all you're really going to do is post pix on the internet, Email pix to friends, or post flyers for lost animals, than a 2M Pixel camera is enough.

Do I want to be bothered with elaborate Photo Software, or do I just want to get the damn pictures out of the camera, do some sensible editing, and have appropriate save options.

The Kodak Easy Share cameras with Compuer dock walk on water! You have a small cradle that sits near your coputer in which you store your camera. While its in the dock, the batteries are always kept full-charged. Grab the camera and go - point, click - review; go home, put camera back in dock, push the Transfer button and your Kodak software loads, lets you select the downloading options of your choice, downloads the pictures and launches the Kodak Picture Processing software with the new pictures in place, ready for edit. Go get to to trim, color correct, preview and save your changes. You can also do a "Save As" where you get to select the picture pixel size and resolution based on your intentions. (The basic picture loaded from the camera always stays in your computer, so you can go back and do other things.)

And they have things you never thought you's want - like video capture: these tiny puppies take video of birthday parties (and orgies) which you can replay right on the camera for the delight of all - and you can plug in the supplied video cable and play then with sound on your TV. You can even save the video and sound as a QuickTime file to send to friends and relatives (Birthday parties, not orgies).

If you want details, go to Kodak's site and explore.

If I were buying today, and could be a bit patient, I would go for Kodak's Reconditioned Offer:

Reconditioned CX6330 Camera, Dock and Memory Card (128MB) Bundle - $260.00 - backordered. Get  big, beautiful pictures from a feature-rich camera that's simple to shoot, simple to share.
 Amazing prints up to 11" x 14" (28 x 36 cm) with 3.1 MP
 3X optical zoom lens
 Point-and-shoot simplicity
 Multiple scene modes and video capture
 Sharing is one-touch simple

der Brucer (urging that attention be paid to the package as well as the camera)

My Puppy charging in his dock:

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2004, 09:41:48 AM »

Is there ANY nutritional value to peanut butter?  Any that isn't negated by saturated fats???

Not that this should have anything to do with the question at hand, but it's not like they're banning One-A-Day mulitple vitamins.

Of course, if they're not also banning ALL DAIRY PRODUCTS for the lactose intolerant then they are being just plain discriminatory, dumb and indifferent.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2004, 09:44:01 AM »

I think that will be next, DR RLP.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2004, 09:44:29 AM »

Sounds to me like DRWFO isn't the only new god.  I don't know which is worse, the kid's asshole and arrogant parents or the school for capitulating to them.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 10:06:23 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2004, 09:47:49 AM »

Do you have an address for those parents?  We should send them a jar of Peter Pan or Shedds, maybe a case.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2004, 09:47:51 AM »

This is chapter ONE.
Chapter TWO will be clever kids working out ways to by-pass the ban. (If terrorists can get a bomb on a plane, an 11 year old can get a peanut into a school.)
Chapter THREE will be the funeral.
Chapter FOUR will be the lawsuits.
Chapter FIVE will be the relieved parents on a year long around the world cruise paid for by the advance on their LIFETIME movie deal.

der Brucer (at the risk of being politcally very INcorrect, I don't suffer the pain of other people's handicaps graciously!)

Jane

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2004, 09:51:17 AM »

Welcome Hisaka. It is lovely to have another non North American resident here.  I hope you feel comfortable here and post regularly.

Very true Hisaka.  Welcome and please join us again.  We would love to learn more about you.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2004, 09:57:03 AM »

I don't know which is worse, the kid's asshole and arrogant parents or the schook for capitulating to them.

Gosh Larry, one night chatting with me and your posting like Ann Coulter!

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2004, 09:59:21 AM »

Charles Pogue and Matt H GOOD HEALTH VIBES!

MBarnum, now you tell me what we could have done with the old toilet-if I had only known...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up