Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WHIRLING DERVISH  (Read 19927 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE WHIRLING DERVISH
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmm......is there a Dark Shadows link DRDANISE?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2004, 07:20:04 PM »

Ginny watching something just for you was better than decorating or are you doing that now?  When I’m alone I watch things Keith has no interest in.

Michael Shayne when is the movie coming out?  I wonder if the story will be changed somewhat.   Spoiler alert!  The scene when the grandfather suddenly gets out of bed after how many years, and dances was a bit too silly for me.

Ann having had the experience of cuddling with my son’s Sugar Sliders I know what a comfort they can be.  Well, they didn’t cuddle in quite the same way. ;D

Goodnight

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2004, 07:24:28 PM »

Ginny have a fun trip tomorrow and enjoy the chocolate, if you have any left.

Danise

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2004, 07:25:15 PM »

Before I go, I forgot the TOD.

I have been very lucky this year and have seen seven musicals!  Here they are in the order that I liked them.  From the best to the worst.

Wicked
Aida  
Thoughly Modern Millie
POTO
Wonderful Town
Le Miz
Boy From OZ

Next up:  Hairspray in Febuary and I think I shall try to go see David Cooperfield.  

Have a good evening all!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2004, 07:28:39 PM »

Jrand, here are the sites listed on what I got in the mail:

www.darkshadowsfestival.com

www.darkshadowsdvd.com

www.mpihomevideo.com
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2004, 07:36:04 PM »

But, dear elmore, didn't the chocolate you contributed make things better?  I used to tell Rob that chocolate cures everything!

Today I should have brought in rabies vaccine!  It wasn't the pleasantest day I've had there, but there have been far worse.  The question is, do I want to stay?  I'm only there for a good time and the discount, so if I'm not having fun . .
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2004, 07:37:37 PM »

I received a very nice phone message from the lovely and talented Ms. Sara Shane, all the way from Australia. We have been trying to do an interview via e-mail...but evidently her e-mails to me have been bouncing back to her. She is using an e-mail from her company and perhaps AOL thinks it is some sort of spam and is blocking it. Usually these things go into my spam holder in my e-mail section, but not hers. I don't know what is happening...so I guess I will call AOL and try to find out.

Otherwise we may have to (gulp) do the interview via telephone...at $1.69 a minute that will be mighty spendy on my part!!! But I will also try to have her e-mail me at work, or I could try to get a different e-mail, like at Yahoo or something.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2004, 07:38:42 PM »

Today I should have brought in rabies vaccine!  It wasn't the pleasantest day I've had there, but there have been far worse.  The question is, do I want to stay?  I'm only there for a good time and the discount, so if I'm not having fun . .

...the answer seems obvious, DR Elmore.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2004, 07:48:44 PM »

...the answer seems obvious, DR Elmore.

DRPanni, this may be how I feel today, but perhaps I'll be in a different frame of mind tomorrow.  I do like my discount!   I had a wonderful shrink back in the 80s who had this attitude that most people giving you grief are generally misdirecting some rage that should be directed at a third party.  I find that's true a lot of the time, and perhaps the manager was yelling at me because my error in timing triggered something else.  What am I all of a sudden, Dr Freud?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2004, 07:48:50 PM »

Today I should have brought in rabies vaccine!

It's kind of been like that at the library lately, too.  People get real crabby around the holidays.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2004, 07:49:51 PM »

And if they can't take a joke, blank 'em!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2004, 07:52:51 PM »

Yes DRMBARNUM, try a Yahoo mail address....if you have a Yahoo ID - you already have an email account there.

Try it!  

DRELMORE - I know what you mean, I feel the same way about some theatre groups I work with sometimes....but then something fun or interesting happens, and I remember why I am there.

THANKS FOR THE LINKS, DRDANISE!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Michael

« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2004, 07:56:54 PM »

Ginny watching something just for you was better than decorating or are you doing that now?  When I’m alone I watch things Keith has no interest in.

Michael Shayne when is the movie coming out?  I wonder if the story will be changed somewhat.   Spoiler alert!  The scene when the grandfather suddenly gets out of bed after how many years, and dances was a bit too silly for me.

Ann having had the experience of cuddling with my son’s Sugar Sliders I know what a comfort they can be.  Well, they didn’t cuddle in quite the same way. ;D

Goodnight

The poster says July 9, 2005 but that of course is subject to change. I wonder how close to the book the movie will be. Christopher Lee is in it as Willy Wonka's father. If memory serves me the character did not exist in the novel.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2004, 07:59:29 PM »

DRELMORE - I know what you mean, I feel the same way about some theatre groups I work with sometimes....but then something fun or interesting happens, and I remember why I am there.

DRJRand54, it's true.  I think a lot of my disappointment today was simply being yelled at publicly; I was so looking forward to returning, and Patty,the manager, has been great to me for 6 (!) years now with my comings and goings with shows and health.  I was looking forward to it's being a fun day and it went to hell in the morning.  Well, look at the folks who went to work in the Trade Center on 9/11 in a good mood.  And I'm complaining?

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2004, 07:59:35 PM »

I'm only there for a good time and the discount, so if I'm not having fun . .

Elmore, another thing I tell Rob (and myself) a lot is "Everything's a trade-off."  Sometimes, at work, I get real tired of telling the homeless people where the bathrooms are, but then get to do something fun like teach a grantseeking workshop or schmooze with local philanthropists.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2004, 08:21:52 PM »

DR PANNI: Thank you for the comment. I thought Evance has already passed away. I should write " Evance IS...."

Panni

« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2004, 08:30:04 PM »

DR PANNI: Thank you for the comment. I thought Evance has already passed away. I should write " Evance IS...."

He's very much alive, DR Hisaka. I think he's just divorced yet another much younger wife. And I believe I read that he's going to be producing another movie.

td

• td
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2004, 08:30:56 PM »

Stuart, I LOVE Siberian Husky’s (knowing I am about to make an idiot of myself my children run the other way when I see one) but I never want one again-too independent, too much shedding hair, and too much of other things.  We did have one that liked to sleep on the bed with us, panting all night long. ;D

As for cuddling, Bogie sleeps under the covers in-between us.  

Well, you'll be more than happy to learn that for her birthday gift, my mother received a six week old, nearly all white, Siberan Husky puppy today - even though her birthday is next Sunday . . . it's a combination Christmas + birthday gift for the folks.

This is what DIXIE BELLE looked like a few days ago;

I took 20+ pictures today, which will appear online soon. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Panni

« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2004, 08:31:30 PM »

And - DR Hisaka - I just remembered that I read that he's going to be doing a stage show - talking about his life and so on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2004, 08:31:48 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from the show...  Things seem to be falling into place nicely.  We did have some sound issues early on, but they were very minor.  The band is finding the grooves when needed, and just laying back when needed.  Unfortunately, the piano was going out of tune all night, which happens when a piano is on the stage and under the lights and the heat from all those lights!  Something tells me the usual twice a week tuning schedule will have to be reconsidered.  But it was a good show.

And I even was able to make my Trader Joe's run before the show.  I picked up some cereal, soy milk and two tubs of cookies for the greenroom. ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 08:32:41 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2004, 08:31:53 PM »

DR Ginny - I hope this has been a festive birthday for you!

Panni

« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2004, 08:32:38 PM »

td - May I be the first to say AWWWWW!

Panni

« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2004, 08:35:44 PM »

Speaking of Trader Joe's - I need to hie myself down there and then go next door and rent THE PATRIOT. It's the right period for what I'm writing as was pointed out to me right here yesterday  (well - one of the things I'm writing; the other is very contemporary and I musn't get confused, hear ye?)

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2004, 08:37:15 PM »

DR Ginny - I hope this has been a festive birthday for you!

Thank you, DRtd and all others who have sent birthday greetings since my earlier thank-you post.  It has been a festive day, due in large part to all my new friends here at HHW.  'night, All.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2004, 08:41:15 PM »

And I even was able to make my Trader Joe's run before the show.  I picked up some cereal, soy milk and two tubs of cookies for the greenroom. ;)
Soy milk and cookies...yummers?   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2004, 08:42:16 PM »

This is what DIXIE BELLE looked like a few days ago;
My, what BIG FEET you have!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2004, 08:45:46 PM »

...And as I type this, my father is giving the karaoke system another try..."Rhinestone Cowboy"... Hmmm...

Also, the party my mom held for her employees has just wound down.  It seemed to be a pretty good party when I came in, and my mom received a new brief case from her kitchen staff.  -She's had her current-now-old briefcase for 20 years!  One of her employees remarked that she had seen her with the same bag since the day he started working with her!

..."I Never Promised You A Rose Garden"...

And then there's the food... THE FOOD!  It does look like people ate a lot, but my mom also seemed to make a lot.  When I prepared a plate for myself

..."On the Street Where You Live"...

there was at least four dozen lumpia left - DR Jed, I would ship them to you if I knew they would make it through the mail; two racks of barbecued ribs; two 8-quart pots of pancit (Filipino noodles, vegetable and meat); three whole fried fish; four dozen chilled jumbo shrimp; one fruit/cake pastry; two plates of sticky rice desserts; three gallons worth of ginitan (the Filipino dessert stew); three bowls of assorted fruit (persimmon, pineapple, mango and grapes); etc. etc., etc...

...."O, Little Town of Bethlehem"....

I could hear my mom begging her employees to take home plates of food with them.

....OHHH!!!! That fanfare is the sound that accompanies the "score" on the karaoke machine - I guess it gauges your accuracy.

..."God Rest, Ye, Merry Gentlemen"...

...And the hit parade goes on and on...
 :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2004, 08:47:14 PM »

Soy milk and cookies...yummers?   :-\

Ah, sorry for not clarifying it earlier...

The soy milk and cereal were for me.

The cookies were for the greenroom, cast and crew (Crispy Oatmeal Raisin and Crispy Chocolate Chip).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2004, 08:50:31 PM »

I received a very nice phone message from the lovely and talented Ms. Sara Shane, all the way from Australia. We have been trying to do an interview via e-mail...but evidently her e-mails to me have been bouncing back to her. She is using an e-mail from her company and perhaps AOL thinks it is some sort of spam and is blocking it. Usually these things go into my spam holder in my e-mail section, but not hers. I don't know what is happening...so I guess I will call AOL and try to find out.

Otherwise we may have to (gulp) do the interview via telephone...at $1.69 a minute that will be mighty spendy on my part!!! But I will also try to have her e-mail me at work, or I could try to get a different e-mail, like at Yahoo or something.

Have you tried one of the internet "telephone" services?  Not free, but definitely a lot cheaper.

You may also want to spring for an International calling card.  In fact, the one I bought when I was in Australia last summer has come in handy a few times even since I've been back stateside.  The rate to and from Australia is only $0.39/minute with this card.

..."I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"...
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2004, 09:08:03 PM »

td - May I be the first to say AWWWWW!

You may be the first DR, DR Panni, but I do believe the official honor was mine when I picked her up this morning - of course that was following an hour and fifteen minute drive.
Even before I took her home, I stopped in at the restaurant I work at (by demand of the staff) and then the real AWWWWWING started. . .
Dixie Belle has been a very good li'l puppy all evening . . . playing on the floor, sleeping on laps and giving Minx the old smell-up.  Minx is tolerant . . .at fourteen years, she's gotta be, and I really think that given a few weeks, she'll accept this little gal as a member of HER family.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up