Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PAPERBACK SHOW  (Read 4218 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: THE PAPERBACK SHOW
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »

Page 3
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2017, 02:00:37 PM »

Oh, man, my head is about to explode.  I picked up a package, a little flat 9x12 envelope containing two little theater programs from that theater in San Diego where I saw The Most Happy Fella - it had been "opened for inspection" by the USPS.  So, I wanted to find out in what universe they thought it was okay to open a privately mailed package mailed IN CA TO CA.  I spent twenty minutes with their automated system and I was ready to just go down to the post office and start screaming.  You literally could not even get an option to speak to someone - customer service, agent, nothing worked.  I finally started screaming into the phone and something I said finally got the connection to customer service after which I was told it would be an hour on hold.  I hung up, called the local branch and got a person on the phone right away.  She said if it's media mail they have the right to inspect and they do it because these eBay jerks and others abuse it all the time, or try.  I said I wasn't sure what could be in a completely flat large padded envelope that could be abuse - certainly not an explosive device - she said something about letters - how can you have a media mail package with 2.83 postage that contain letters - how is that abusing and how would the sender save money doing it?  I looked up what you can send and while it's limited it does cover a lot of stuff.  I was furious but just got off the phone.  Add to that all these cretins doing all this home building work, including now my next door neighbor who has clearly been doing something in his house - these idiots are literally taking every parking space within two blocks and I have HAD it, and that's my next call because certainly people who LIVE in these locations must have some rights.

FJL

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2017, 02:06:37 PM »

In better news, BK, you're almost at a milestone of 89,000.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2017, 02:08:11 PM »

Oh, man, my head is about to explode.  I picked up a package, a little flat 9x12 envelope containing two little theater programs from that theater in San Diego where I saw The Most Happy Fella - it had been "opened for inspection" by the USPS.  So, I wanted to find out in what universe they thought it was okay to open a privately mailed package mailed IN CA TO CA.  I spent twenty minutes with their automated system and I was ready to just go down to the post office and start screaming.  You literally could not even get an option to speak to someone - customer service, agent, nothing worked.  I finally started screaming into the phone and something I said finally got the connection to customer service after which I was told it would be an hour on hold.  I hung up, called the local branch and got a person on the phone right away.  She said if it's media mail they have the right to inspect and they do it because these eBay jerks and others abuse it all the time, or try.  I said I wasn't sure what could be in a completely flat large padded envelope that could be abuse - certainly not an explosive device - she said something about letters - how can you have a media mail package with 2.83 postage that contain letters - how is that abusing and how would the sender save money doing it?  I looked up what you can send and while it's limited it does cover a lot of stuff.  I was furious but just got off the phone.  Add to that all these cretins doing all this home building work, including now my next door neighbor who has clearly been doing something in his house - these idiots are literally taking every parking space within two blocks and I have HAD it, and that's my next call because certainly people who LIVE in these locations must have some rights.

"Give 'em Hell, Harry!"

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2017, 02:18:17 PM »

Detonation vibes for BK
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »

DR TCB sorry to read about your troubles. Here people just start driving their car out of the parking lot and someone will let them in (or risk being hit).  I would have called the police or someone to have that truck towed. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2017, 02:34:17 PM »

Poor BK! :(

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2017, 02:36:35 PM »

Yesterday I went to my younger niece's swim meet. She just joined the swim team this year (like her big sis).  She did so well.  She is only 7 but has to swim with/against 8 year olds (which is a big difference at that age). She came in 4th in all 3 of her races. She was such a champ. Her expertise is the backstroke. She took 6 seconds off her 50m time. And she even did the flip turn perfectly. It was so exciting to see her succeed.  The semi finals are the end of April. Looking forward to it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2017, 02:42:26 PM »

That's tilting windmills MR BK - but go for it.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2017, 02:43:03 PM »

Yes DR GEORGE, I know....I know.....

DR CHAS SMITH your photos are great....I can see tires AND asphalt.

George

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »

Yesterday I went to my younger niece's swim meet. She just joined the swim team this year (like her big sis).  She did so well.  She is only 7 but has to swim with/against 8 year olds (which is a big difference at that age). She came in 4th in all 3 of her races. She was such a champ. Her expertise is the backstroke. She took 6 seconds off her 50m time. And she even did the flip turn perfectly. It was so exciting to see her succeed.  The semi finals are the end of April. Looking forward to it.

Congrats to your younger niece, Jennifer!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2017, 04:09:28 PM »

I am home from podiatrist and City Center.  The tech rehearsal went very well, and Joshie and I are happy with the several cues from Saturday's work session.  At the end of rehearsal we heard the Bows and Exit Music as well.

The sound still needs more adjustment but it was sounding rather good today, and I hear it's even better in the balcony.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2017, 04:11:53 PM »

I'm havign balance issues.  I lost it and fell down the stairs from the stage to auditorium, so I was cautiously taking my riume at the end of rehearsal to get back up them.  I scared our leading man Tam Mutu, and he ran up to offer me his hand, which was really kind of him.  Joshie also saw the situation and came to my rescue as well.  Tomorrow I qwill be more careful.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:34:06 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2017, 04:14:06 PM »

Joshie's wonderful parents are in town for the week and I got to spend time with them.  They are very proud of Joshie and Jeremy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2017, 04:16:37 PM »

I think a lot of people are going to like the absurdity and silliness of this show, but there will be some who foolishly will find it old-fashioned, stupid, and not what they think a serious musical should be.  As I said to John Rando the director today, there was a time when the genre was musical comedy.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:49:54 PM by elmore3003 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2017, 04:32:21 PM »

I just thought of another potential Vocal Director.....an EMAIL has been sent.

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2017, 04:50:14 PM »

Do be careful, DR Elmore!

I have to say that, balance issues notwithstanding, there's something about stage stairs that always gives me pause.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2017, 04:51:26 PM »

DR Chas thank you for the pretty photos.

George

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »

I'm havign balance issues.  I lost it and fell down the stairs from the stage to auditorium, so I was cautiously taking my riume at the end of rehearsal to get back up them.  I scared our leading man Tam Mutu, and he ran up to offer me his hand, which was really kind of him.  Joshie also saw the situation and came to my rescue as well.  Tomorrow I qwill be more careful.

Yikes!! :o Hopefully, you aren't hurt too badly!

Jane

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2017, 04:53:49 PM »

Another swimmer in the family, congratulations.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »

DR elmore thank goodness you did not break anything!

ChasSmith

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2017, 04:55:58 PM »

I think a lot of people are going to like the absurdity and silliness of this show, but there will be some who foolishly will find it old-fashioned, stupid, and not what they think a serious musical should be.  As I said to John Rando the director today, there was a time when the genre was musical comedy.

These people would be utter fools.

Interesting about "musical comedy".  I think my family lumped EVERY show under that description for the longest time.  (At least up to West Side Story:)  )

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »

DR elmore thank goodness you did not break anything!

It could have been worse.  I fell back into one of the large speakers on the side of the stage. My back was sore for a while and all seems okay now.  I am going to bed early since I have another long day tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2017, 05:16:54 PM »

One of my favorite films of Buster Keaton's I saw as a child was a short film he made for The National Film Board of Canada called THE RAILRODDER. A 24 minute film as he rides across Canada on a mini train (best i can call it)

https://youtu.be/xYmcN12M97o

Except for the fact it encouraged littering this is delightful :)

Jane

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2017, 05:17:30 PM »

TOD
IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2017, 05:34:17 PM »

Balance vibes for Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2017, 05:39:33 PM »

Well, I must be going.  I need to stop at The Midnight Sun before I go to my first tech rehearsal for Olympia Little Theatre's The Trip to Bountiful, which opens this Friday.  I hope it goes smoothly. ::)

;)

Until later!

FJL

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2017, 05:53:14 PM »

I am home from podiatrist and City Center.  The tech rehearsal went very well, and Joshie and I are happy with the several cues from Saturday's work session.  At the end of rehearsal we heard the Bows and Exit Music as well.

The sound still needs more adjustment but it was sounding rather good today, and I hear it's even better in the balcony.

BETTER IN THE BALCONY - that should be the title of something!

FJL

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2017, 05:54:52 PM »

Balance vibes for Larry!  Please tale care of yourself.

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2017, 05:58:36 PM »

Congrats to your younger niece, Jennifer!

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up