Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SCATTERBRAINED RAMBLINGS  (Read 2929 times)

FJL

Re: SCATTERBRAINED RAMBLINGS
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 06:56:58 AM »

Thanks, FJL. I've now got Nancy Lamont's version of Rhode Island Is Famous for You spinning in my head.

Things could be worse.

Having that wonderful voice in your brain is indeed a good thing!!!

FJL

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2017, 06:59:04 AM »

Nancy LaMott musical break

"Child in me Again' - Nancy LaMott
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOBpxOXejU

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 07:01:05 AM »

My question for ASK BK DAY:  Have you seen "The Lieutenant Wore Skirts"? I happened to watch it on FX RETRO on Monday.

It features Miss Leslie Parrish in a very nice small role as a party guest early in the proceedings.  She looks beautiful in a blue dress and her hair is long....

Of course if this is the kind of script that Fox was offering Marilyn Monroe in the mid-50's, you really can't blame her for running off to New York.  Sheree North and Tom Ewell can't do anything with it.....Rita Moreno plays a part as a "girl upstairs" and does a terrible Monroe impression....describing the movie "The Seven Year Itch" to Ewell who says: "I never saw that movie."

The comedy is played so frantically that is becomes UNFUNNY....I can't believe it's directed by Frank Tashlin.....

Tom Ewell makes me gag.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2017, 07:01:32 AM »

2nd post by me on Page 2.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2017, 07:03:52 AM »

So why is it "in Rhode Island" but "on Long Island"

It may be because "Rhode Island" is a state inside of which people live in different cities and towns.  "Long Island" is an island "in" New York on which people live.  ??
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 07:22:23 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2017, 07:13:25 AM »

For the moment I am back in.

DR Jrand,  Best of Vibes for Monday, building up your protein and walking to make it more successful!

Jane

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2017, 07:14:43 AM »

DR Jeanne, THE SNIFFER  sounds funny.  Aside from the interesting foreign aspect do you like it?

KevinH

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2017, 07:22:30 AM »

Good morning !

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2017, 07:22:50 AM »

My question for ASK BK DAY:  Have you seen "The Lieutenant Wore Skirts"? I happened to watch it on FX RETRO on Monday.

It features Miss Leslie Parrish in a very nice small role as a party guest early in the proceedings.  She looks beautiful in a blue dress and her hair is long....

Of course if this is the kind of script that Fox was offering Marilyn Monroe in the mid-50's, you really can't blame her for running off to New York.  Sheree North and Tom Ewell can't do anything with it.....Rita Moreno plays a part as a "girl upstairs" and does a terrible Monroe impression....describing the movie "The Seven Year Itch" to Ewell who says: "I never saw that movie."

The comedy is played so frantically that is becomes UNFUNNY....I can't believe it's directed by Frank Tashlin.....

Tom Ewell makes me gag.

He had his fans.  He was in the running for Dr Pangloss in the 1956 CANDIDE after Alfred Drake turned down the role and they hired Max Adrian.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2017, 07:23:53 AM »

DR vixmom:  to answer your question--we 're taking the Long Island Railroad to Westbury and then a taxi or über to the Coliseum.

KevinH

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2017, 07:26:09 AM »

Re "in" vs "on" Long Island.  I did think about writing "on" since I thought I had heard it that way in the past. For some reason I wrote "in."

KevinH

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2017, 07:30:56 AM »

Last night I met my friends from Greece and we saw "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."  I enjoyed it. Christian Borle was very funny and the young boy (he's one of three) who played Charlie was very good. My friends were impressed to see "Mamacita" from "Feud" (Jackie Hoffman) on stage.

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2017, 07:42:09 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I have given in to my sore throat/stuffy head/cough and made an appointment with the doctor for this afternoon.  He usually treats me for allergies until on the second or third visit he finally prescribes an antibiotic.  We'll see...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2017, 08:08:18 AM »

Last night I met my friends from Greece and we saw "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."  I enjoyed it. Christian Borle was very funny and the young boy (he's one of three) who played Charlie was very good. My friends were impressed to see "Mamacita" from "Feud" (Jackie Hoffman) on stage.

I think some of the songs on the London recording are quite good, but then again so were some of the songs in Catch Me If You Can, which didn't work as a show.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2017, 08:08:43 AM »

Vibes for Ginny.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 08:25:51 AM »

Vibes for Ginny.

Thanks, DR John G.

On the bright side, we have a new great-niece in Alaska!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2017, 08:39:28 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I have given in to my sore throat/stuffy head/cough and made an appointment with the doctor for this afternoon.  He usually treats me for allergies until on the second or third visit he finally prescribes an antibiotic.  We'll see...

It doesn't sound like something that should have an antibiotic.   Feel better soon!

Jane

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2017, 08:39:59 AM »

Vibes for Ginny.

Thanks, DR John G.

Wonderful!

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2017, 08:43:19 AM »

It doesn't sound like something that should have an antibiotic.   Feel better soon!

That's what the doctor always says, DR Jane, until I get sicker and sicker.  I'm hoping this is just spring allergies.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2017, 08:43:31 AM »

While walking around the unexciting old castle area today we kept hearing a peacock.   We finally found him.  As soon as Keith began clicking  the camera the peacock began posing for us 😀

Our favorite building in the town was an incredibly beautiful hotel.

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2017, 08:43:58 AM »

Vibes for Ginny.

Thanks, DR John G.

Wonderful!

She doesn't have a name yet, but we do know she weighs 9 pounds.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2017, 08:44:08 AM »

That's what the doctor always says, DR Jane, until I get sicker and sicker.  I'm hoping this is just spring allergies.

I hope so!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2017, 08:51:47 AM »

Good morning

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2017, 08:53:07 AM »

If it's Wednesday, it must be my "real" day off.  (and ask bk day)   However, I'm off to play a funeral this morning and have a school rehearsal in the afternoon as well as back to the theatre this evening.  So much for the "day off"

Laura

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2017, 09:05:18 AM »

Good morning.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2017, 09:07:08 AM »

DR George  did you get a driver's license that will allow you to use as I.D when flying?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2017, 09:20:44 AM »

Joshie and my Guys & Dolls colleague Jason are going through the same ordeal.  The pollen is really bad in the area at the moment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2017, 10:02:05 AM »

So, I go to take my car out for the first time after my surgery, and the battery is dead. Had to buy a new one.

Bummer!

>:(
You can dream…or you can do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »

And the word of the day is: DOX!

With a slight play on words:

" A dox on all your spouses!!!"

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2017, 10:38:37 AM »

So, I go to take my car out for the first time after my surgery, and the battery is dead. Had to buy a new one.

Bummer!

>:(

On the bright side, it was only your battery.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up