Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TYPING DIET  (Read 7631 times)

FJL

Re: THE TYPING DIET
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2017, 03:10:31 AM »

Then we made it.  Page 2!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017, 03:37:04 AM »

Second on the  eas coast
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2017, 04:00:22 AM »

I did something to my knee on Wednesday.. I have no idea how .  I was sitting at my desk , stood up and it felt as if someone had ripped my kneecap off, the pain was so excruciating I thought I was going to faint

vixmom

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2017, 04:02:06 AM »

I sat ( more like fell) back in my chair ...( I was wearing a skirt so I could see my knee) everything looked fine but it hurt

vixmom

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2017, 04:03:34 AM »

I sat for a while  and then gingerly stood back up and my leg supported my weight again. But I have had a dull ache in that knee ever since with occasional sharp stabbing pains

vixmom

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2017, 04:06:23 AM »

However when I look at what others are dealing with it is a small thing just an annoyance not a catastrophe

vixmom

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2017, 04:08:51 AM »

Also I've been dealing with a couple of crazy clients at work who seemingly believe that national banks can suspend federal lending and underwriting requirements in their cases because they find them inconvenient

vixmom

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2017, 04:09:00 AM »

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2017, 04:45:11 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2017, 04:46:01 AM »

Vibes for Vixmom. That's how my knee feels lately. I hope you don't have the same thing.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2017, 04:47:12 AM »

I slept well but I'm really tired this morning
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2017, 04:47:19 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2017, 04:47:45 AM »

DR vixmom, see a foctor to be on the safe side.  I hope you are okay.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2017, 04:53:42 AM »

I slept late.  Around 5:00am I was attacked by constant pains in my left leg.  I'm so dense that I did nothing and maybe an Advil would have helped.  I mostly dozed, but I had some weird dreams, one with BK  playing Rose and singing the score of Gypsy in some sort of reading; one about frying eggs;  and at least one more that is now too vague, but there were sparkly costumes in it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2017, 04:56:08 AM »

I have two numbers for this NYMF show, and all will be finished.  That should be accomplished by late afternoon.  Then I will go back to the  nightmare from yesterday.  That one will take me tomorrow and Sunday to finish.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2017, 04:57:20 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Continued Mega Super Duper Health Vibes to our DR JRand66!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2017, 05:02:26 AM »

There's been no word from Troy since the heated exchanges yesterday morning over the lateness of this new key transposition.  This could have been decided two weeks ago or I could have been told to hold off on that one for the nonce.

Joshie stopped by yesterday to bring me some blank score paper/  We looked over my orchestration and decided the key change really affected both the sound and the instrument ranges.  So, I have to begin from scratch.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2017, 05:02:57 AM »

And to work.

ChasSmith

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2017, 05:25:19 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2017, 05:25:50 AM »

I have to try the Typing Diet!

ChasSmith

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2017, 05:33:01 AM »

Hair turned out to be wonderful last night.  This friend is an exceptional director of plays and certain kinds of musicals, and this production was not only impressive but totally likable.  And ...... no miking!  Wait, one more time.  NO MIKING.  One of our 100-seat (give or take) houses, very deep stage, band behind a scrim behind the actors, and every last person knew how to speak and sing and project.  I was floored.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2017, 05:36:38 AM »

I detest this new shill for the Orange Baboon, but this video is very funny.  I guess it's good we can still laugh at this attempted Reign of Terror/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sarah-huckabee-sanders-green-screen-sean-spicer_us_597b0914e4b0da64e8786fe7?cu&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2017, 05:37:42 AM »

Hair turned out to be wonderful last night.  This friend is an exceptional director of plays and certain kinds of musicals, and this production was not only impressive but totally likable.  And ...... no miking!  Wait, one more time.  NO MIKING.  One of our 100-seat (give or take) houses, very deep stage, band behind a scrim behind the actors, and every last person knew how to speak and sing and project.  I was floored.

Were they naked?

Michael

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2017, 05:44:06 AM »

Good morning to all.
Never stop dreaming.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2017, 05:51:27 AM »

T.O.D.

Absolutely no idea.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2017, 05:55:21 AM »

Has anybody been watching the AMERICAN RIPPER series on The History Channel?

They're trying to prove that American serial killer H.H. Holmes and Jack the Ripper were the same person.

It seems to me that, if they were able to prove it, we would have heard about that by now.

But, it's an interesting show.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2017, 05:59:11 AM »

Dr vixmom would be so proud of me! 

As a cum laude graduate of her typing school, I just sent my beloved sister-in-law Jo an Amazon gift card reading "Hs[[y Birthdau, Jo!"

ChasSmith

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2017, 06:27:48 AM »

Were they naked?

Nope.  I asked him how he addressed that decision when planning the production.  As open as he would normally be to it in other situations, it wouldn't have been right for the venue and for the people involved when the cast included not only the director's 17-year-old daughter but a few other young people in the community they've known all their lives.  They did a thing which referred to this being "the time for the nude scene, but here are a few actual obscene things to look at instead", and worked in some iconic Vietnam War photos.  It worked perfectly.  They also had gotten a few weird calls when the show was announced, asking whether there would be nudity, the tone of which had led him to believe they could be harbingers of -- not necessarily trouble or disruption -- but of prurient interest on the part of a group of people.  This venue is really out there in the country, and while they are normally no holds barred artistically, this was a line not to cross.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2017, 06:35:41 AM »

Were they naked?

Nope.  I asked him how he addressed that decision when planning the production.  As open as he would normally be to it in other situations, it wouldn't have been right for the venue and for the people involved when the cast included not only the director's 17-year-old daughter but a few other young people in the community they've known all their lives.  They did a thing which referred to this being "the time for the nude scene, but here are a few actual obscene things to look at instead", and worked in some iconic Vietnam War photos.  It worked perfectly.  They also had gotten a few weird calls when the show was announced, asking whether there would be nudity, the tone of which had led him to believe they could be harbingers of -- not necessarily trouble or disruption -- but of prurient interest on the part of a group of people.  This venue is really out there in the country, and while they are normally no holds barred artistically, this was a line not to cross.

Excellent.  The prurient interest has always been there.  In all the original productions and tours - one of my bosses at the Miami University Library had a niece in the first national tour - the sound of binoculars was quite audible at the end of act one.

John G.

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2017, 06:38:43 AM »

There is nothing quite as obscene as war.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up