Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: BIRTHING A NEW SONG  (Read 2978 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: BIRTHING A NEW SONG
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2017, 12:49:52 PM »

PAGE THREE DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »

They finally arrived!  And what arrived, you may ask?  Well, let me tell you:  first, my order of two, count 'em, two bottles of McDonald's Big Mac Sauce that I bought from Amazon! 

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2017, 01:00:53 PM »

The second (or third, depending on how you count) item is the DVD The Music of Leroy Anderson: Once Upon a Sleigh Ride!  I had actually purchased this a couple of years ago for only $19.67 (including shipping), but the order was cancelled after it was paid for.  "No longer available" was the excuse. :P The only other copies available at the time were for at least $100!  I think the seller pulled it after realizing that...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Anyway, I wasn't going to pay that much for it, but the price came down to a now more reasonable (but still more than $20) $42.  And it's sealed and brand new! :D

FJL

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »

It's interesting that the Big Mac sauce label is in both French and English.  Do they sell it outside the U.S., too?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2017, 02:06:47 PM »

The second (or third, depending on how you count) item is the DVD The Music of Leroy Anderson: Once Upon a Sleigh Ride!  I had actually purchased this a couple of years ago for only $19.67 (including shipping), but the order was cancelled after it was paid for.  "No longer available" was the excuse. :P The only other copies available at the time were for at least $100!  I think the seller pulled it after realizing that...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Anyway, I wasn't going to pay that much for it, but the price came down to a now more reasonable (but still more than $20) $42.  And it's sealed and brand new! :D

You got gypped. I think I paid $5 for my copy from Bronc.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2017, 02:07:35 PM »

It's raining hard at home. Wind whipping up. Now add thunder.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2017, 02:18:21 PM »

Shake well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2017, 02:24:21 PM »

I like Leroy Anderson's recording of the songs from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2017, 02:42:23 PM »

It's interesting that the Big Mac sauce label is in both French and English.  Do they sell it outside the U.S., too?

They don't sell it in the U.S.  It only available in Canada.  Who knows if it'll ever be available here.  Maybe this is a test run to see how it would do, but all the available bottles that I've seen on Amazon and eBay (other than the previously free give-away bottles) are from Canadian sellers.

George

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2017, 03:23:09 PM »

I just tried to order it from Amazon.ca (for only $3.97 CDN), but when you go to the listing (when logged in), you see the message:  This item does not ship to your selected location.

So, even though the U.S. Amazon sellers can get them from Canada, you can't order it directly from Canadian Amazon.  Interesting.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:26:47 PM by George »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2017, 03:26:05 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2017, 03:27:09 PM »

I took today as a Mental Health Day and went to lunch at John O'Groats.

I am still considering my options re housing.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2017, 03:28:13 PM »

Birthing a song sounds so painful. Writing it doesn't.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2017, 03:29:13 PM »

Congrats to Vixmom on her new bargains. Yes, a bargain is a fine thing.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2017, 03:30:57 PM »

Condolences to DR Ginny's on the death of her friend's daughter, Michelle.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2017, 03:32:14 PM »

We had our first "pre-reading" of a new show that I'm working on with my friend Marian (the book of which we recorded as a demo so that we can listen to the flow of this draft of the show).  The producer of the pre-reading  specifically wanted to do the reading on Long Island, where he has a recording studio, and use people from the local area rather than have actors come in from NYC, so i went out to Mineola.  The producer's feedback as of late yesterday seems to be that the dialogue and book is in far better shape than he'd thought it was, and having recorded the book will allow Marian and me to listen to the arc of the show and see how it builds.  But that's a relief, assuring that he will continue with the piece. 

As of now, the only bad part is he really wants to do whatever steps he can outside of NYC, in his Mineola music studio, which is a shlep, but makes expenses of renting space fairly low.  So some extra (unwanted) shlepping to Mineola, hopefully not in heat like this past Tuesday, may be in my future.

Sorry about the shlep, but the show sounds quite exciting. Can you give us any details at all?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »

I guess the term "Big Mac" doesn't require translation.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2017, 03:35:33 PM »

TTFN.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2017, 04:52:10 PM »

So, earlier this year (maybe back in April), I entered the PBS lottery to get tickets to "Antiques Roadshow" in Portland, Oregon.  Well, I got tickets again!  I had actually gone in 2004, so I get to go again!  It'll be next Saturday, August 12...at 8-freakin'-a.m. in the freakin' morning, though.  I can't imagine that I'll be recorded, but I get to go again! :D

Congrats on the tickets.  Unfortunately we will be away for a wedding or you could have slept here on the 11th.

Darn...but have a great time at the wedding!

Thanks.  If only your tickets were for the week before or after :(

Timing...it's all in the timing. ::)

;)

Keith was also disappointed when I told him we were going to miss you.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2017, 04:56:52 PM »

DR George, with the ingredients listed on the bottle you might be able to recreate the recipe to your satisfaction.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2017, 04:59:15 PM »

We had our first "pre-reading" of a new show that I'm working on with my friend Marian (the book of which we recorded as a demo so that we can listen to the flow of this draft of the show).  The producer of the pre-reading  specifically wanted to do the reading on Long Island, where he has a recording studio, and use people from the local area rather than have actors come in from NYC, so i went out to Mineola.  The producer's feedback as of late yesterday seems to be that the dialogue and book is in far better shape than he'd thought it was, and having recorded the book will allow Marian and me to listen to the arc of the show and see how it builds.  But that's a relief, assuring that he will continue with the piece. 

As of now, the only bad part is he really wants to do whatever steps he can outside of NYC, in his Mineola music studio, which is a shlep, but makes expenses of renting space fairly low.  So some extra (unwanted) shlepping to Mineola, hopefully not in heat like this past Tuesday, may be in my future.

But Mineola is a quick ride forme so if you ever want to catch a  meal...
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

FJL

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2017, 05:11:41 PM »

But Mineola is a quick ride forme so if you ever want to catch a  meal...

That's great to know!

FJL

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2017, 05:15:07 PM »

Sorry about the shlep, but the show sounds quite exciting. Can you give us any details at all?

Sure, some of the songs are here
http://www.musicsubmit.com/SongsfromFAMILYMUSICmusical

It's more serious than a lot of stuff I usually work on.  The show takes place on Long Island about ten years ago, and it's about the impact of the war on a family that runs a music business, when the younger son comes home wounded, having been saved by his older brother who got killed while saving him.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2017, 05:15:40 PM »

Mineola - just mention my name.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2017, 05:22:21 PM »

DR George, with the ingredients listed on the bottle you might be able to recreate the recipe to your satisfaction.

I think I've seen YouTube videos that show how to replicate those kinds of recipes, and a simple Google search would also come up with some more than adequate results, too.  Looking at the list of ingredients, I'm not sure that I could easily find propylene glycol alginate or hydrolized vegetable protein in my local Fred Meyer.

;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:24:06 PM by George »

FJL

« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2017, 05:43:32 PM »

Thanks for that information, George!

Jane

« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2017, 06:30:42 PM »

It's more serious than a lot of stuff I usually work on.  The show takes place on Long Island about ten years ago, and it's about the impact of the war on a family that runs a music business, when the younger son comes home wounded, having been saved by his older brother who got killed while saving him.

While sad it sounds good.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2017, 06:48:44 PM »

I am home, a little tipsy, but very happy from a wonderful day.  The show went well, my friends had a good time, and the dinner at the West Bank Cafe was deelish.  Tomorrow, back to the humdrum. First up, laundry!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2017, 06:49:26 PM »

Really nice, Fred!

Jane

« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2017, 06:54:35 PM »

I think I've seen YouTube videos that show how to replicate those kinds of recipes, and a simple Google search would also come up with some more than adequate results, too.  Looking at the list of ingredients, I'm not sure that I could easily find propylene glycol alginate or hydrolized vegetable protein in my local Fred Meyer.

;)

;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up