Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: INEXORABLE  (Read 3391 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: INEXORABLE
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2017, 01:05:21 PM »

PAGE THREE DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2017, 01:05:23 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2017, 01:07:00 PM »

Happy Birthday to the newly remodeled JRAND!!

May you have a wonderful day and smooth sailing from here on!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2017, 01:08:01 PM »

I think my pre-flight jitters are settling in for the next two days. I look forward to my visit, but I really hate the actual ordeal of travel, from packing to boarding the plane.

I hate it, too. I'd be happy if I never have to fly again.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2017, 01:10:02 PM »

I think my pre-flight jitters are settling in for the next two days. I look forward to my visit, but I really hate the actual ordeal of travel, from packing to boarding the plane.

~~~Travel Vibes for Larry!!~~~~

Yes, travel vibes to Larry!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2017, 01:10:24 PM »

Corpus Christi was hit very hard. Helicopters have been able to get in and rescue people from boats & barges.  Why anyone was out in the water I have no idea.

I was watching a woman reported wondering if she was going to be blown over ;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2017, 01:10:30 PM »

And continued MEGA TRAVEL VIBES to JOHN G.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2017, 01:11:36 PM »

I sort of resent that they've named this hurricane "Harvey".

HARVEY was the first stage play I ever saw.  I was five-years-old, and I still remember moments from it, particularly star Joe E. Brown.

Now, that wonderful memory is sullied.

:(

Do you like the movie?  After some time has past watching the film, or reading the story,  should bring back those good memories.

Love the movie.

My dear friend, Marian Hailey, a fellow Drama student back at the U of Washington, played the daughter in the Broadway revival with Jimmy Stewart and Helen Hayes.

Were you able to see the Broadway revival?

No.  I've only seen it on the stage that one time, but I did see it when they did it on TV.  Marian was also in that.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2017, 01:13:45 PM »

I called my cousin in Houston. She said that it was pouring early this morning, but then eased off to just a light rain. There have been no problems where she is, but may have been elsewhere. She said four drivers, who went out this morning, were reported stranded. Can't people sit still?

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2017, 01:14:09 PM »

So, other than Druxy saying it's raining, how bad has Hurricane Harvey been?  Did it achieve its "four" warning?  Is it over?

It hasn't been too bad where we are.  Lots of rain and wind.  Power has gone off several times for 2-3 seconds.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2017, 01:15:19 PM »

I sort of resent that they've named this hurricane "Harvey".

HARVEY was the first stage play I ever saw.  I was five-years-old, and I still remember moments from it, particularly star Joe E. Brown.

Now, that wonderful memory is sullied.

:(

Do you like the movie?  After some time has past watching the film, or reading the story,  should bring back those good memories.

Love the movie.

My dear friend, Marian Hailey, a fellow Drama student back at the U of Washington, played the daughter in the Broadway revival with Jimmy Stewart and Helen Hayes.

Were you able to see the Broadway revival?

No.  I've only seen it on the stage that one time, but I did see it when they did it on TV.  Marian was also in that.

I am glad you got to see your friend in it.

Laura

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2017, 01:17:10 PM »

Good afternoon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2017, 01:17:31 PM »

Happy Happy Birthday to JRand!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2017, 01:19:16 PM »

I did some laundry, but didn't sleep well last night and really am not up to much today.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2017, 01:25:02 PM »

An interesting article about pink noise:

Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen, MDs
The Benefits of Pink Noise

By Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen, MDs
In the 2005 thriller "White Noise," Michael Keaton plays a man who comes to believe that his recently deceased wife is contacting him through the static, or white noise, on untuned radios and televisions.

Well, it turns out that there's more than one myth about the powers of white noise: According to a new small study published in Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, white noise isn't the best way to tune out nighttime distractions and sounds so that you can sleep better.

You want pink noise!

Tracking 13 older adults over two nights, researchers from Northwestern University found that a "pink noise" mixture of high and low frequencies, which sound less random than white noise, created more slow-wave brain activity.

And slow-wave sleep has been linked to brain restoration

But not only did the researchers find that folks listening to pink noise slept more soundly, it turns out the next day their brains were supercharged.

Those study participants did nearly 27 percent better on memory tests compared with folks who didn't sleep with pink noise.

This finding matches with past studies done in younger adults that have also uncovered an improved memory the morning after sleeping with pink noise.

Studies on pink noise have been small, and we don't know how much benefit it provides over time, but it can't hurt to give this lullaby a try.

You can download a pink noise generator from several sites online or purchase a pink-sound machine.

About the Doctors:

Dr. Mehmet Oz is host of TV's popular "The Dr. Oz Show." He is a professor in the Department of Surgery at Columbia University and directs the Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.

Dr. Mike Roizen is chief medical officer at the Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute, an award-winning author, and has been the doctor to eight Nobel Prize winners and more than 100 Fortune 500 CEOs.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2017, 01:26:22 PM »

TTFN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2017, 01:32:31 PM »

Picked up some packages, listening to music, and eating pasta with chicken in a pink sauce.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2017, 01:44:35 PM »

Listening to Strauss - Richard to be precise.  This guy could write some damn music, most of which I'm not familiar with - not as heavy as the other Richard, Wagner.  Listening to the very Kempe box set of Strauss that's available at a huge bargain price in my list yesterday because I had two of the same set.  Currently listening to the waltzes from Der Rosenkavalier - how many times have these been ripped off by film composers?  Surely Mr. Goldsmith was inspired by them for The Boys from Brazil.  Death and Transfiguration is another masterpiece I'd only heard once before and of course the entire Also Sprach Zarathustra is brilliant and not just its 2001 opening section.  Looking forward to some other discoveries in these nine CDs - the performances and sound are simply tops.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2017, 02:05:29 PM »

Reading up on Strauss, Richard.  What a fascinating life and person.  He passed away at eighty-five - once thought by Toscanini to be a Nazi sympathizer, he was anything BUT that - I'm interested to know more about him now.  Listening to these pieces it's amazing how many film composers took leaves from Strauss's book, especially Steiner and Korngold.  These pieces all sound like they could have been film music from the thirties and forties.  Why it took me so long to get around to listening to this amazing box set is anyone's guess.

George

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2017, 02:34:54 PM »

I'm at home and have been watching TV.  I just watched the first episode of the seventh (and I think last) season of "Suits."  I think I'm glad this is ending. ::)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:36:39 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2017, 02:36:10 PM »

One pair of characters has been in a relationship for almost the entire series, but for anyone else, they'll meet someone and within two episodes (at the most), they're absolutely in love and so is their intended, and when the relationship ends in another couple of episodes, they're utterly devistated. :P

George

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2017, 02:37:03 PM »

It's completely ridiculous and pathetically over the top...IMHO (in my humble opinion, in Internet-speak).

;)

George

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2017, 02:38:15 PM »

And now, I must be off to my parents' house for our weekly family dinner.

Be back later.

George

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2017, 02:38:25 PM »

Have a good rest of the day, all!

ChasSmith

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2017, 02:48:58 PM »

Six hours of rehearsals yesterday, five hours today ... ALL DONE.

A two-hour rehearsal tomorrow morning and a benefit thingy to play in the afternoon.  After that, just I Do! I Do! in my life for a while, which is good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »

Taking a Strauss, Richard break and listening to SACDs - at the moment the Tchaikovsky violin concerto with Heifetz in glorious Living Stereo three-channel sound - amazing, like being in the room when they recorded it.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2017, 03:50:18 PM »

Reading up on Strauss, Richard.  What a fascinating life and person.  He passed away at eighty-five - once thought by Toscanini to be a Nazi sympathizer, he was anything BUT that - I'm interested to know more about him now.  Lis

I am now interested in learning more about him.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2017, 03:50:37 PM »

I do not care for white noise.  Maybe pink would be more comfortable.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2017, 03:51:22 PM »

It's completely ridiculous and pathetically over the top...IMHO (in my humble opinion, in Internet-speak).

;)

I have to ask, why are you still watching it? ;D

Jane

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2017, 03:52:07 PM »

listening to SACDs - at the moment the Tchaikovsky violin concerto with Heifetz in glorious Living Stereo three-channel sound - amazing, like being in the room when they recorded it.

WOW!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up